AdvancTrac almost caused a major wreck - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
11Red3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidhadriel View Post
That's awesome. I'm a huge fan of those birds. Then again, I'm a huge fan of any sort of flying fortress that can perform short take offs, transport large payloads and not sink out of the sky.

/envy
Ditto, I heard your exhaust video! Envy

I hope they don't fall out of the sky every day, we had an Alaska bird 2 years ago practicing for their airshow sink out of the sky. Crew error, very sad.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

11Red3.7

I wrote Deysha a private message. I don't know what help that will be if any. Fingers crossed. Maybe I'll I get a good service tech tomorrow.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Red3.7 View Post

I hope they don't fall out of the sky every day, we had an Alaska bird 2 years ago practicing for their airshow sink out of the sky. Crew error, very sad.
Thanks!

That's tragic... Aviation definitely is not one of those 'safer' occupations. One of my competitive pilot friends lost a buddy earlier this year performing maneuvers for a show as well. My worst fear is entering an uncontrollable stall (or being too low..)

Past: 2011 3.7 6AT SG
Current: 2014 5.0 6MT Black

Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006GTfan View Post
Wow! I don't drive with advance Trac of traction control on unless the roads are slick. I drive with everything off. I like to be the one in control of my car, and the car moves faster with everything off. At least the butt dyno feels that way.
Would make absolutely no difference if you have TC on or not. The wheelspeed sensors provide information to the ABS system as well, which you cannot defeat with a press of a button.
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:

As a Boeing engineer (I'm on the H-47, not the C-17), I can promise you our main goal is to make sure they don't fall out of the sky.

2013 Deep Impact Blue V6 Premium. Mustang Club of America. Comfort Package.

Planned mods. Silver Le Mans stripes, some sort of axleback, short throw sifter, and a supercharger (when she's all paid off).

Now she just needs a name...
Beast3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
I find it very common in cars driven by women that the buttons on the interior are missing paint. As stated, they use their nails instead of their pad and it just scrapes off.
I don't have any fingernails to speak of and my steering buttons have the same issue.
Beast3.7

I only rode in one C-17 and it was pretty sweet.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
Would make absolutely no difference if you have TC on or not. The wheelspeed sensors provide information to the ABS system as well, which you cannot defeat with a press of a button.
It sounds like the ESC is not working properly. If so, I would think that turning the AdvanceTrac off entirely might bypass the issue until you get to a dealer.

From the manual:
Electronic stability control (ESC) may enhance your vehicle’s directional
stability during adverse maneuvers, for example when cornering severely
or avoiding objects in the roadway. ESC operates by applying brakes to
one or more of the wheels individually and, if necessary, reducing engine
power if the system detects that the vehicle is about to skid or slide
laterally.

That sounds a lot like what she is experiencing: individual wheel braking and reduced engine power.

I'd turn off AdvanceTrac entirely on my way to the dealer. Press button 5 or more seconds while holding down the brake pedal.

Good luck.
11Red3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
I was hoping at the time I could pull over, stop and turn advanctrac completly off. It wouldn't let me. That should have been my clue to turn the car off, pull the - terminal and start over...
MACH I Member

Sounds like an issue with a sensor, or communication to/from the PCM. Disabling Advancetrack may or may not work. I'd get the car to the dealer pronto.

11Red3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogasswild View Post
I only rode in one C-17 and it was pretty sweet.
When you're down range you want a Moose flight(C-17) not chrome or glide, or all those others(c-130). Ride in style if you can.
FordService

Quote:
It was 80F, on a clear, flat, smooth dry on ramp. I tried to get around an 18 wheeler hauling rocks. I had TC off, and went to 2/3 or 3/4 throttle, didn't even floor it, when I got along side the truck the TC Active light came on cutting the throttle and slaming on each brake individually in a clockwise order. I wasn't even coming close to breaking any traction, and this went on for a while. I pulled over, put it in park then pulled back out to get on the freeway. I very slowly and steadilly pulled up to about 50mph and the TC freaked out again!! Slamming each individual brake so hard I began swirving badly, and I'm in the middle lane with traffic passing me on both sides now. Even when I slowed way down it is still going nuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAKATed10 View Post
Wow, that sounds scary. Maybe contact Deysha to with your VIN and the issue for more help when you take it into the dealer.
Quote:
I wrote Deysha a private message. I don't know what help that will be if any. Fingers crossed. Maybe I'll I get a good service tech tomorrow.
Hi 11Red3.7,

I received your PM. Will you please send me your full name, dealer, and best daytime number as well?

Deysha
Apprentice

Happened to me once too. My ECM stored the code. Loss of signal from the wheel speed sensor. I don't remember the exact terminology. That was over a year ago.

2011 Ingot Silver GT MT82, MGW, Lethal H pipe, Bama 93R Ghost Cam, 3:73's
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinla View Post
It sounds like the ESC is not working properly. If so, I would think that turning the AdvanceTrac off entirely might bypass the issue until you get to a dealer.

I'd turn off AdvanceTrac entirely on my way to the dealer. Press button 5 or more seconds while holding down the brake pedal.

Good luck.
The 5-second press is not turning off Advance Trac but rather a user-request for the reduction of ESC intervention. The hardware is still active for ABS and a wheelspeed sensor fault can still cause the symptoms the OP is experiencing.

The only way to completely turn off ESC/TC/ABS would be to cut power to the electrohydraulic unit under the hood either by pulling the fuse or disconnecting the connector at the unit itself.

The OP can always try the 5-second button press, it might be enough to get to the dealer.
Banned

Quote:
... I have very short, and very dirty finger nails most of the time. Maybe some residual hydraulic fluid, or Jet-A fuel
Wow, nice. Just what most guys are looking for.

LOL (jk)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
advanctrac , traction control

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page