AdvancTrac almost caused a major wreck - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
11Red3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustSrvc View Post
Hi 11Red3.7,

I received your PM. Will you please send me your full name, dealer, and best daytime number as well?

Deysha
Deysha, I sent that to you this morning. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

11Red3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearjunky View Post
Happened to me once too. My ECM stored the code. Loss of signal from the wheel speed sensor. I don't remember the exact terminology. That was over a year ago.
Thanks Nuke! That is very good info to have. I Thought I was the only one, like Tigg3r... It's at the dealer now.

11Red3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
The 5-second press is not turning off Advance Trac but rather a user-request for the reduction of ESC intervention. The hardware is still active for ABS and a wheelspeed sensor fault can still cause the symptoms the OP is experiencing.

The only way to completely turn off ESC/TC/ABS would be to cut power to the electrohydraulic unit under the hood either by pulling the fuse or disconnecting the connector at the unit itself.

The OP can always try the 5-second button press, it might be enough to get to the dealer.
This sounds like a very educated response, thank you. However, I have never heard of this before. I thought the 5 second push, then "Advanctrac Off" was completly disabled. I guess it doesn't?

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Red, hopefully it's still doing it, the intermittant ones are a bear to diagnose. Your's isn't the 1st to do something similar, mine did it once (very mild compared to yours) I didn't bring it in since I would expect to hear "unable to duplicate" I wonder if it gets a false signal you are loosing control, applies the brake, feels that yaw, applies the other brake etc etc etc. Good luck and keep us updated.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
11Red3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Red, hopefully it's still doing it, the intermittant ones are a bear to diagnose. Your's isn't the 1st to do something similar, mine did it once (very mild compared to yours) I didn't bring it in since I would expect to hear "unable to duplicate" I wonder if it gets a false signal you are loosing control, applies the brake, feels that yaw, applies the other brake etc etc etc. Good luck and keep us updated.
"Could not duplicate" is what I'm afraid of, that's why I've let the funky shifting go on for so long, don't want to waste all the time and effort. The wheel speed sensor sounds more and more likely. Should hear something in a few...
11Red3.7

Well, the service advisor just said they are keeping it overnight. And Ryan their Mustang guy is still working it. He said he wanted to duplicate the engine belt squeal in the morning, I explained it was a cold damp thing, not in the forecast. Then I went ahead and passed on the 2 TSBs, engine belts, and transmission solenoids. I also told him to be careful telling the tech about those, because we Mx people don't like being told how to fix things. He said "he would".
More waiting...

edit: MX is maintenance, sorry
Grimace427

A neat little trick I found for belt squeal is to rub a small amount of black RTV on the inner and outer edges of the belt, approx 1 inch worth. When you start the engine the RTV gets spread throughout and no more squeal. Damn near permanent as well, not one customer car has come back. It is actually a psedo-official Mercedes repair procedure(except they want us to use some specific stuff that doesn't work well at all).
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Somewhere there's a thread about how to pull fuse and hard wire, maybe not the right term. Anyway my bro in law says it can be turned off in the computer with a tuner.

2012 Candy Red 3.7 Cyclone {RIP}
2014 3.7 Cyclone DIB\BMR rear lca;s\ American Racing razor 18x9\275/40/18 Yokohama S-drives\Boss 302 strut brace\Airaid "tube"& aFe inverted Dry-S drop-in\UPR catch can\Koni sports\J&M cc plates\DSS 3.5" 1 piece
Bassani\BMR adj. panhard\
11Red3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
A neat little trick I found for belt squeal is to rub a small amount of black RTV on the inner and outer edges of the belt, approx 1 inch worth. When you start the engine the RTV gets spread throughout and no more squeal. Damn near permanent as well, not one customer car has come back. It is actually a psedo-official Mercedes repair procedure(except they want us to use some specific stuff that doesn't work well at all).
I figured out the multiquote button:p

Thanks, I'll remember that one. But right now I just hope Ford will do the TSB and replace the belts like it says to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioAl View Post
Somewhere there's a thread about how to pull fuse and hard wire, maybe not the right term. Anyway my bro in law says it can be turned off in the computer with a tuner.
Corrado and jeffoden did the fuse and then a relay to get rid of the adaptive shifting problem on the V6 side of the house. But I'm not quite sure what you speak of?
xtn
Apprentice

I had a similar issue the other day. On the highway random light started flashing I didn't catch which one it was and the car started slowing down like it had ABS activated. It's only happened twice so far. I have 13" GT
11Red3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtn View Post
I had a similar issue the other day. On the highway random light started flashing I didn't catch which one it was and the car started slowing down like it had ABS activated. It's only happened twice so far. I have 13" GT
Get it to the dealer. Contact Deysha first.

Mine was so scary both times, because it slamed each brake individually, causing the car to swerve out of control in heavy freeway traffic.

Right now I'm pissed at the dealer. They said they were working on my car Saturday so they kept it. When I called they said they were still working on it, then Saturday night I called again and was informed nobody was working on my car at all. And that no one was going to work on it Sunday either(their open Sundays). If they hadn't constantly mislead me I would have made sure I got a rental from them. Of course I called right after their rental car area closed.
Now my Monday is screwed up, and I just hope they actually fix my problems after all the dealership hastle and run around...
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Red3.7 View Post
Deysha, I sent that to you this morning. Thanks.
Thanks, 11Red3.7! I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtn View Post
Quote:
Get it to the dealer. Contact Deysha first.
Yes, xtn! What she said! Please make an appointment with your dealer as soon as possible for diagnosis. Then PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
11Red3.7

Update: Steering wheel buttons, and engine belts ordered to replace squealing ones.
Dealer is saying they can't reproduce the shifting, or the "Traction Control" problem. *SIGH* So I re re re reexplained that it is an AdvancTrac problem, I explained to them those systems are integrated but seperate, and went thru the scary scenarios of almost crashing again as each individual brake slammed hard causing almost uncontrolable swirving. Glad it happend at 45-50 and not at 70mph...
They are keeping the car a 5th day, partly because the buttons and belts won't be there till tomorrow. Don't know what if anything will be done for the shifting issues of the last 18 months and scary AdvancTrac stuff.
GT Member

Quote:
Update: Steering wheel buttons, and engine belts ordered to replace squealing ones.
Dealer is saying they can't reproduce the shifting, or the "Traction Control" problem. *SIGH* So I re re re reexplained that it is an AdvancTrac problem, I explained to them those systems are integrated but seperate, and went thru the scary scenarios of almost crashing again as each individual brake slammed hard causing almost uncontrolable swirving. Glad it happend at 45-50 and not at 70mph...
They are keeping the car a 5th day, partly because the buttons and belts won't be there till tomorrow. Don't know what if anything will be done for the shifting issues of the last 18 months and scary AdvancTrac stuff.
Ouch... Best of luck and hopefully they can "reproduce" the issue... I know how it feels to be without your beloved car. I've been waiting for the "your car is ready" call for over a week now.

Past: 2011 3.7 6AT SG
Current: 2014 5.0 6MT Black
11Red3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidhadriel View Post
Ouch... Best of luck and hopefully they can "reproduce" the issue... I know how it feels to be without your beloved car. I've been waiting for the "your car is ready" call for over a week now.
Sorry to hear that Solid. More Cool mode and not dealership, right?
I'm trying to stay positive, I know he's an advisor not the service tech, but every time I have to re-explain the problems it's like I'm training a brand new maintenance apprentice.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
advanctrac , traction control

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page