AdvancTrac almost caused a major wreck - Page 9 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

11red3.7 mine is a mt-82. How was the gt500 guy able to get his to reproduce it? That would be nice to know when I take it in to the dealer. Deysha I will pm you my info when I can get a chance to go out to my car.

Also when I said a 60 degree right turn I meant to say 110 degrees.

2012 Mustang GT Sterling Gray Metallic 6spd

1992 Mustang GT 347 stroker - SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member

^^^^ +1 on how to recreate at will.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
11Red3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestang50 View Post
11red3.7 mine is a mt-82. How was the gt500 guy able to get his to reproduce it? That would be nice to know when I take it in to the dealer. Deysha I will pm you my info when I can get a chance to go out to my car.

Sorry, I'm looking for his thread, I'll link it when I find it.
He said he would put his car in 3rd making it stall on take off, then restart the car after stalling, next he would make a hard turn and accelerate to about 40mph, it freaked out everytime. In my automatic I haven't found any tricks to fool it into going nuts.

11Red3.7

I can't find his other thread with more info, but I finally found this one.
2011 AdvanceTrac Problem? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestang50 View Post

No problem, bluestang50.

Deysha
PONY Member

Been sitting back and watching how this thread evolves. Anything on your car, Cindy?
11Red3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevessvt View Post
Been sitting back and watching how this thread evolves. Anything on your car, Cindy?
Thanks for keeping tabs Steve!
Now that the black box is installed I just drive with my finger on the trigger. Since we know that it normally happens right after startup, after a hard turn, then accelerating thru 40-50mph that is when I'm really focused on if it's about to happen. Once this event is recorded hopefully real answers will start flowing in from Ford. Cindy
11Red3.7

In case anyone was following this thread and didn't see the new one for this problem here it is.
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-recorder.html

Sorry but the news is not good.
Rookie

this just happened to me

I was driving about 35-40 and had just gone in to 4th gear. My 2012 v6 suddenly swerved to the left really hard and then to the right. Traction control light was flashing. Seemed like I got a flat and that my car was braking all by itself. I tried to throttle up a second later to get out of traffic and it had no response. When pulling over I hit the brakes and they felt rough and like the abs was engaging. Once stopped I checked the tires and all were fine. I turned off the engine and waited a second. Turned it back on and all seems fine. This made me almost crash in to another car!!!! Luckily none of my kids were in the car. 30 minutes prior I was doing 65 on the freeway with my son in the car. That would have been really bad.... I called ford and mentioned what had happened and they came across as its the first they've heard of this. I told them about the forums having a ton of comments about this and that it appears to be because of a badly placed abs wire by the exhaust. I have an appt on monday morning. So I will see what happens. I am driving this car from CA to CO on the 11th and I am actually scared now.....
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Daddy, where did you hear about the wire? If you follow the link in the post above yours 11Red finally seems to have satisfaction.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
For something that much of a safety issue, I would insist on them testing each wheelspeed sensor via oscilloscope pattern as well as swap in a new AdvanceTrac control unit for diagnostic purposes. Get Deysha to light a fire beneath their butts. I understand the difficult to duplicate and diagnose concerns being a tech myself, but for things safety related we check until we are certain it is fixed.
We need techs like you working in dealerships Grim...it should be law!!!! lol

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Somehow, the only person I am able to trust as far as my car is concerned is Deysha... This is the first post addressing my transmission issues that started some 2 weeks ago.
Background: Stock 2011 Mustang GT CS,very easy going driver,pretty much one of those that drives very normal,without any form of abuse toward the car.
last Tuesday,at about 7.AM I walked out to my driveway to move the Mustang so I could pull my truck out,walking back up my driveway, I noticed a 6" X 9" spot of transmission oil.
Took it to the dealer, was told the following day it was a fill tube that had come loose,at this time I also asked the service adviser to address the grinding 2/3 issues I have been getting since the car was pretty much new ( I had mentioned this to him the first time I was there for my first oil change,his response then was " we'll wait and see till it gets worse,it could be that the tranny is new and breaking in"
Since then, it has progressively gotten worse,I also mentioned this concern to the shop manager,and was told they are waiting for FORD to instruct them on approach... Tube that had to be replaced arrived some 4 days later and they proceed to replace it.
During follow up conversations with the shop manager,he told me that ALL ford suggested to do regarding the crunching issues was to fill the tranny with a thinner viscosity tranny oil,which they did... it is marginally, at best somewhat better...but the crunching is still there, shifting from 1 to 2nd is still pronounced,less so shifting into 3, and a slight nibble slipping into 4th gear.
I kept Deysha posted throughout this period, she suggested I call Customer care and get a case number, which I did.
When I picked the car Friday, the shop foreman came out to take me for a ride,and he was the one that drove it,telling me the crunching is now gone.
The tranny is definitely not repaired as far as I am concerned,regardless of what the shop foreman says, and I am NOT happy in the least... I had suggested they should at least open the tranny and look at synchros ( grinding, especially 2 gear cannot be good for any synchro) but again was told all FORD suggest to do was change the thinner tranny oil.
Initially, when the service adviser called me on Tues to tell me the car was ready for pick up,turns out the shop tech had no yet wanted to release it,he was in the process of making a clutch bleeding pump, so he could bleed out the clutch ( when I went to pick the car up, the clutch pedal was almost all the way down, pumped it a few times, and that brought it up,so the car was left there.
start it up, wait at least 8 to 10 minutes for it to warm up,slip it into first (notchy) drive off keeping revs quite low and shift 2... no matter how I shift ( slower pause, then continue to engage 2, or double clutch it, the grind is still there).
Deysha was kind enough to bring this issue to,I believe an engineer's attention, so I am hoping FORD will take a much closer look at what REALLY is going on with me transmission.
I wanted to give the dealership the benefit of the doubt,and all the time they needed, which is almost 2 weeks to the day...This needs to be escalated Deysha to the proper Ford dept... as it now stands,I'm still not happy with how this tranny shifts,and grinding is not a desirable feature.
I supplied you my info, including my phone number, if there is any other info you require,please let me know and I'll be more than happy to oblige.
Thanks for all the help so far Deysha.
Red, hopefully this offers you some insight regarding your transmission issues,sorry for the long post.

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinedaddy View Post
I was driving about 35-40 and had just gone in to 4th gear. My 2012 v6 suddenly swerved to the left really hard and then to the right. Traction control light was flashing. Seemed like I got a flat and that my car was braking all by itself.
Hello alpinedaddy,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. Please, let me escalate this to the customer service manager for your area. PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Candy REDCS View Post
Somehow, the only person I am able to trust as far as my car is concerned is Deysha...
Thanks for all the help so far Deysha.
Red, hopefully this offers you some insight regarding your transmission issues,sorry for the long post.
You’re very welcome, 5.0 Candy REDCS!

Deysha
11Red3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinedaddy View Post
I was driving about 35-40 and had just gone in to 4th gear. My 2012 v6 suddenly swerved to the left really hard and then to the right. Traction control light was flashing. Seemed like I got a flat and that my car was braking all by itself. I tried to throttle up a second later to get out of traffic and it had no response. When pulling over I hit the brakes and they felt rough and like the abs was engaging. Once stopped I checked the tires and all were fine. I turned off the engine and waited a second. Turned it back on and all seems fine. This made me almost crash in to another car!!!! Luckily none of my kids were in the car. 30 minutes prior I was doing 65 on the freeway with my son in the car. That would have been really bad.... I called ford and mentioned what had happened and they came across as its the first they've heard of this. I told them about the forums having a ton of comments about this and that it appears to be because of a badly placed abs wire by the exhaust. I have an appt on monday morning. So I will see what happens. I am driving this car from CA to CO on the 11th and I am actually scared now.....
Alpinedaddy, did you scan through my other thread I posted above. My car seems to finally be fixed. Get Deysha to escalate this for you, and have your dealership install a Vehicle Data Recorder! Good luck, it almost always happens shortly after filling your car with gas, and right after making a hard 90 degree or more turn while accelerating above 40mph. Knowing this lets you know when to maybe expect an episode. The rest of the time driving you SHOULD be safe.
Rookie

11Red3.7, Thanks for all of your posts on this forum. If not for you and the others that have posted about this I would have been completely clueless! I have told the dealership about this thread and they seem to not care. THey have had my stang since Monday and don't expect to have answers till mid-late next week. Hopefully with Deysha's help I can get answers. Just like you said, I had just filled my tank and was in fact going around a 45-60 degree corner. So it seems to be a fault when doing that.
This has thrown my move all out of whack and will be costing me a few grand due to delays. Not fun.
Thank you so much for all the information.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
advanctrac , traction control

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page