Cancelled my order AFTER it shipped (car stuck somewhere) - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0PhilGT View Post
If I'm not mistaken Mazda is partially owned by Ford, so you technically still gave them some of your money. I feel for you on not getting your GT though man, I would be incredibly pissed as well.
Mazda bought back out from ford. Used to be owned by a part of ford

Ordered 7/21/12 VIN 8/2/12
Window Sticker 8/17/12 Build date 8/23/12
1st ETA 8/27/12 New ETA is 9/5/12.
Sterling Grey Metallic
Mustang GT 400A MT 82
Mods waiting :Barton shifter and bracket, AM flip plate, Redline Hood Struts, JLT Oil Separator, and Gt500 axle backs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Ford still owns 2 or 3 % of Mazda. Had 25% at one time!

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotaz View Post
LOL, every generation says that. When you're two generations out, you'll laugh at the one behind you for being surprised by the one behind them. It's normal. I've seen some stats that seem to dispute that the "next generation" is behind the previous one in most ways. It's usually the opposite. They're just different. I do think that this PC insanity that has swept America has turned spines to Jello though. Kids now have no clue what this country was founded on. That's what scares me.
So true. I guess I'm getting old lol. It must be something in the water around here because my fiancee and I have had some laughs over it here lately. A cashier couldn't understand when a guy was giving her 20.01 to get an even 10.00 back. She made a little scene over it lol. There are other instances more often the past couple of years. I'm sure the generations before me were even better.

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense View Post
So true. I guess I'm getting old lol. It must be something in the water around here because my fiancee and I have had some laughs over it here lately. A cashier couldn't understand when a guy was giving her 20.01 to get an even 10.00 back. She made a little scene over it lol. There are other instances more often the past couple of years. I'm sure the generations before me were even better.
LMFAO!! She's probably not an idiot. People are used to cards now and those old school cash exchange tricks are new to them. Very funny though. I can imagine how funny that would be.
mhg
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense View Post

I just love going into a fast food dump and wait until they punch in the 20.00 tendered for a 10.05 sale, then give them 5 cents, the deer in the headlights look is priceless.
back to the OP problem, IMHO, some one is lying if they think I will believe they have no one to fill in for one person on vacation for shipping in a complete region.
One man goes on vacation and NO one can find OR ship anything for the region.
Imagine if that man suddenly fell dead from a heart attack.
The whole regional shipping would come to a dead ( pun intended)
stop until a new manager could be trained.
NOT
JMHO
Mike

Black 2011
V6 auto
K&N panel filter
GT mufflers
SCT tuner
17"X8" Bullit wheels
245.45.17 tires
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

True story...

I picked up an item for $1.99 at K-Mart and hand the cashier $2.13 (7% sales tax). She looks at it strangely but continues to ring up the sale. When the register tells her $2.13, she looks at the money and asks, "How did you know that?"
Me: Seven cents tax on the dollar times two dollars.
Her: That's amazing. You should work here.
Me: Thanks but I can't afford the lobotomy.

I wonder if she ever looked up what "lobotomy" means.

2011 Pony Pkg. convertible M6
2000 Trans Am WS7 (sold)
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakk View Post
Hi. I ordered a 2013 GT Premium w/ track pack and Recaros on April 28th...it was shipped out on July 7th or so. Somehow between MI and WI, it got stuck in IL and there was not even an eta for when it would get to WI. I was informed of this a month ago, and the only reason I knew about it was because of Deysha. My Dealership was useless and never once told me anything and insisted that I couldn't get any more info from Ford.

Fast forward to two weeks ago when I got fed up and called Ford directly and opened a case with the midwest regional customer service rep. He told me that the only guy that dealt with shipping (yes, apparently there is only ONE person from Ford who deals with shipping in the midwest) was on vacation and that he "had never seen this happen before" because "they don't have shipping problems" and that he would try to get me my Mustang before "it was too cold to drive it". Eventually it got to the point where I called him several times a day but my calls were never returned until a day or two later. He called me yesterday to let me know that he still had no information on the status of the car and that the one shipping person was still on vacation.

Anyways, I got tired of dealing with all of this and cancelled the order. Everyone I have told this story to cannot believe it, and several people who have heard this story have told me that they will be looking elsewhere for their next car. I understand that shipping delays can happen, but this has been almost a month at this point and I have heard nothing from Ford as to why it is stuck in IL; they kept blowing me off. I would like to thank Deysha for her awesome service. If the rest of Ford had employees that were as dedicated as her, this situation would have turned out differently. If anyone has any questions about the dealership or experience in general, feel free to PM me or ask them in this thread. Thanks.
Thank you for the kudos, jakk. I wish the outcome would've been different and faster. Have a nice day!

Deysha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page