Picking up my 2013 Ford Mustang GT - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albeeno View Post
My problem is that within 7 days of purchase I am required to pass a state inspection. If the plate isn't affixed to the bumper, then I fail the inspection and the car isn't legal to drive. Then once a year I have to get it reinspected. I don't know if all states do this but in The People's Republic of Massachusetts it's par for the course.
Double-sided tape is your friend

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albeeno View Post
My problem is that within 7 days of purchase I am required to pass a state inspection. If the plate isn't affixed to the bumper, then I fail the inspection and the car isn't legal to drive. Then once a year I have to get it reinspected. I don't know if all states do this but in The People's Republic of Massachusetts it's par for the course.
Still don't need to drill! Use this:

Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets - Bracket Information

It will pass any inspection.

[b]2013 GT Premium,Red Candy, 6AT: GT500AB, FRPP tune.

-Democrats are cockroaches
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth877 View Post
Still don't need to drill! Use this:

Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets - Bracket Information

It will pass any inspection.
I just ordered one of these. Do you currently have one? Can anyone comment on these?

2013 GT Premium, Brembo's, Track Pack, 6MT, Recaro's, Reverse Sensors/Camera, GT500 A/B, BMR Springs, Strange 10-way Adjustables w/GT500 Mounts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, 20" Staggered Vossen CV2's/Nitto Invo's.....BMR UCA/Bracket, BMR LCA's, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets being done soon.

Apprentice

Yes, I have one. It works pretty good. I bent the brackets that hold the plate a little more out so that the back of them wouldn't hit the bumper, it took 2 seconds to do.

I wish there was a quick release device for washing the car, but oh well, this is better than anything else out there.

PONY Member

Congrats ! You have excellent taste !! 3 Stangs ya can't be wrong ! I'm on my 5th . It's all I'll ever drive

Current car 2014 GT Black manual trans ON ORDER 2015 black GT manual trans 401A , adaptive cruise with collision mitigation and rain sensing wipers order placed July 18, 2014
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydoonut View Post
Congrats ! You have excellent taste !! 3 Stangs ya can't be wrong ! I'm on my 5th . It's all I'll ever drive
Thanks Scooby, not too bad yourself!!

Present: 2013 Ford Mustang GT premium coupe in Deep Impact Blue metallic. 400A, Black leather interior, 6-spd manual transmission, Brembo package. Original owner.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth877 View Post
Yes, I have one. It works pretty good. I bent the brackets that hold the plate a little more out so that the back of them wouldn't hit the bumper, it took 2 seconds to do.

I wish there was a quick release device for washing the car, but oh well, this is better than anything else out there.
Awesome. So if you didn't bend it you'd be afraid of it scratching the bumper I'm guessing? That why you bent it?

2013 GT Premium, Brembo's, Track Pack, 6MT, Recaro's, Reverse Sensors/Camera, GT500 A/B, BMR Springs, Strange 10-way Adjustables w/GT500 Mounts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, 20" Staggered Vossen CV2's/Nitto Invo's.....BMR UCA/Bracket, BMR LCA's, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets being done soon.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellobatman View Post
Awesome. So if you didn't bend it you'd be afraid of it scratching the bumper I'm guessing? That why you bent it?
Yes. It does have little rubber bumpers on the back, but you know what happens when the plate vibrates and there is dirt stuck between the rubber pads and the bumper.... Its a good design for the most part. If I were to change anything it would be the bend so the back doesn't rest against the bumper and I would have put bottom holes on the bracket to secure the bottom of the plate. Easy enough to add. It's priced a little high, I think, but he sells tons of them and it's a side job.

PONY Member
5.0L Member

Apprentice

Is a front plate required in NH? Half my family is from there and I recall a lot of cars without front plates. I can't wait to get out of NY and retire there. Kenne is where I want to be.

MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Word of Caution:

Use some caution when re-learning this car. Going from a 4.6 to a 5.0 i found the following.

1) Rear end gets lose way easier and faster.
2) The at speed freeway passing thing......... the 4.6 is not even in the same league as the 5.0. Be careful, if you drive it like you drove the 4.6 you are liable to find yourself in the neighborhood of 110 or greater thinking youd be up to around 85mph. (never had i thought it was possible to BARK the tires going into 5th at around 80 with 3.31s till i had this car)....if im off on those numbers a bit dont flame me, it was a year ago now but i think thats about right.

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack

Awesome color! and best of luck with it

"Life is short Enjoy the cars you drive!"

-Benny
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

I've returned from 3 days in Vermont. Happy to report it was a lot of fun and incident-free! I put about 800 miles on it and I have to saty that I am absolutely amazed by this car's performance, handling, braking....everything! What's not to love, right?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-6.jpg
Views:	1023
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	161852   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-7.jpg
Views:	909
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	161853  

Present: 2013 Ford Mustang GT premium coupe in Deep Impact Blue metallic. 400A, Black leather interior, 6-spd manual transmission, Brembo package. Original owner.
GT Member

Beautiful car man, congratulations.

As for the front plate thing, troopers in Texas stop basically any car they see with any visible infraction. No front plate, headlight out, tags/inspection, even a burned out rear license plate bulb when there are two.

I've been stopped for no front plate three times in my '12 GT and let off with a warning each time. But if you're riding dirty, might want to put that plate on. LOL

2012 P8C, HP, 300A, 55D, 457
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellobatman View Post
I just ordered one of these. Do you currently have one? Can anyone comment on these?
I've had a Craig's Bracket on for a year now, over here in Europe. It works great and I have no complaints whatsoever. It even accommodates the huge rectangular plates required here in Germany. I can't wait to get back to the U.S. and have a normal plate, but it is what it is:

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page