Picking up my 2013 Ford Mustang GT - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YerBuddysPony View Post
I've had a Craig's Bracket on for a year now, over here in Europe. It works great and I have no complaints whatsoever. It even accommodates the huge rectangular plates required here in Germany. I can't wait to get back to the U.S. and have a normal plate, but it is what it is:

Absolutely beautiful car!

Present: 2013 Ford Mustang GT premium coupe in Deep Impact Blue metallic. 400A, Black leather interior, 6-spd manual transmission, Brembo package. Original owner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

4 friggin days to get a picture approved in my use's gallery. What the f--k??? Let's go!!!

Present: 2013 Ford Mustang GT premium coupe in Deep Impact Blue metallic. 400A, Black leather interior, 6-spd manual transmission, Brembo package. Original owner.
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

So, first little glitch about 30 days in. Fortunately it's only Sync related. Mechanically the car couldn't be better and I absolutely love it. Everything I hoped it would be and then some. Saturday, out of nowhere it tells me autoplay unavailable after pressing the voice activate button and say USB. Normally it would start playing and you could select new tracks, artists, playlists, etc. Now it won't do any of that. It just starts "indexing" and nothing else. The dealer will look at it and get it working again, I hope. I've tried everything from the master reset option in the advanced section of settings. I've done a reset of my iPhone 4S. I've deleted the device from Sync and then paired it up again...twice actually. Nothing's worked that I've tried so I'll see what they can do.

Not a huge deal obviously but still a pain and a possible window in to life with Sync. Certainly did not have these issues in the '05 (no Sync).

PONY Member

That happens often to me with my Zune. I just unpug the USB cord and plug it back in. Sometimes I have to turn the car off and then on again. But it always eventually works.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

-Ed-
'13 Mustang GT Premium ordered 5/22/2012, VIN 6/8/2012 Window Sticker 6/22/2012 Build Date: 6/29/2012 1srt ETA 7/4/2012 2nd ETA 7/14/2012 3rd ETA 7/25/2012 4th ETA 7/26/2012 Delivered to Dealer 7/17/2012 Picked up 7/23/2012
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

I got it back from the dealer yesterday and a "software code" popped up. They just reset the software and now it works fine. Easy fix.

Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albeeno View Post
Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

Very nice. I like the 2013. I am seriously considering selling my 2012. I am really thinking BOSS at my age.....you only live once!

2012 GT COUPE PREMIUM, PERFORMANCE WHITE, CHARCOAL BLACK W/LAVA LEATHER, EQUIPMENT GROUP 400A, MT82 MANUAL, BBP/BREMBO, HID/SECURITY PACKAGE, ANTI-THEFT, COMFORT PACKAGE, REAR VIDEO CAMERA, BOSS 302 FRONT SPOILER, REAR VALANCE. ALL STOCK EXPECT K&N.
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

I hear ya. I thought about a Boss too for a long time, but decided that I'd have been too nervous about it getting scratched or someone breathing on it wrong. You know what I mean? I just figured that the 2013 GT was a better overall deal for what I need and more importantly, my budget.

post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

So, we had a little flashing check engine light now. It's flashed about four times on 3 occasions. I thought nothing of it when it happned once about a month ago. But when it did this **** twice in one week I decided to contact the dealership. I brought it in and they diagnosed it as a "random misfire". However, they are unable to pinpoint the exact cyliner that is/was misfiring. They reset the PCM (I think that's what it's called) and hope that does the trick. Evidently, Ford does not yet have a "fix" for this problem but it is something that been reported recently on other 2013 GTs. If it happens again the dealer wants to know. The Service Tech that I was working with showed me a 2011 GT that was onthe lift next to mine with a blown engine! Somebody else out there always has it worse...

Apprentice

Craig's Custom Brackets work great. It won't change the look but at least there are no holes if I sell it or move to a stae that doesn't require a front plate. You can probably get one shipped overnite if the bumper is not yet drilled.

You will love the car. I moved from a 2005 to a 2013 (both GT Premium convertibles). I loved the 2005 but have not looked back once I drove the 2013.

Dave

2013 GT Premium Convertible
Sterling Grey/Saddle Interior
Automatic/Brembos/Shaker Pro Audio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page