Picking up my 2013 Ford Mustang GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Picking up my 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Just returned a short while ago from the dealer and I'm still soaking it all in, but I'll be picking up a beautiful 2013 Mustang GT premium coupe in a couple of days. It will be a little bitter sweet trading in my 2005 GT as she's proven a worthy companion and competitor ever since I picked her up in November 2005.

I absolutely cannot wait to get my 3rd GT on Wednesday! First one was a 1999 GT. So, anyway, we went Deep Impact Blue, 400A, 6 speed, Brembo Package. I'll get some pics up by Thurs at the latest. So psyched!!!

Present: 2013 Ford Mustang GT premium coupe in Deep Impact Blue metallic. 400A, Black leather interior, 6-spd manual transmission, Brembo package. Original owner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Awesome, congrats, and hurry up with the pictures already.

I had a 2009 so I know how you feel, those were great cars, but I'm telling you, prepare to have your mind blown. You are gonna LOVE your new one... not to mention all the fun you're gonna have with all the toys that come with the premium.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe Performance White 6R80 HID 64M Wheels Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set Ohio's Horses License Plate Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Nice! I'm on Mustang number seven. Enjoy it!

Pete

2014 Shelby GT500:Delivered 4/3/13, Black/Black stripes/Black interior, SVT Track Package, SVT Performance Package, JLT Oil Seperator, FRPP Resonator Delete, Syntha Max blue air filter, Revan Racing shifter bushing, Michelin PSS tires, Lloyd GT500 mats, and yes the stock Shelby seats.

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Congrats. I'm sure you got a lot of happy miles out of the 2005.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-3.jpg
Views:	794
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	161534   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-2.jpg
Views:	1301
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	161535   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-5.jpg
Views:	977
Size:	1,009.2 KB
ID:	161536  

Present: 2013 Ford Mustang GT premium coupe in Deep Impact Blue metallic. 400A, Black leather interior, 6-spd manual transmission, Brembo package. Original owner.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012
Apprentice

Nice! Did you tell them to NOT drill the front bumper? The dealer told me I couldn't leave the lot without a front plate. So out came the double sided tape and I attached it to the black foam shipping thing on the bumper.

Craigs custom brackets are nice if you need a no-drill plate mount. I know Mass is just about the same in regards of being a police state as NY.

[b]2013 GT Premium,Red Candy, 6AT: GT500AB, FRPP tune.

-Democrats are cockroaches
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albeeno View Post
Thanks guys, I appreciate it!
It looks awesome. Of course I have a DIB with the track pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth877 View Post
Nice! Did you tell them to NOT drill the front bumper? The dealer told me I couldn't leave the lot without a front plate. So out came the double sided tape and I attached it to the black foam shipping thing on the bumper.

Craigs custom brackets are nice if you need a no-drill plate mount. I know Mass is just about the same in regards of being a police state as NY.
I'm in NY and my dealer actually called to ask if I wanted the plate on. Actually he said, "You don't want us to put the front plate on, do you?" I ordered the flip up plate from AM but I haven't installed it yet. It's on the back seat floor along with my plate.

-Ed-
'13 Mustang GT Premium ordered 5/22/2012, VIN 6/8/2012 Window Sticker 6/22/2012 Build Date: 6/29/2012 1srt ETA 7/4/2012 2nd ETA 7/14/2012 3rd ETA 7/25/2012 4th ETA 7/26/2012 Delivered to Dealer 7/17/2012 Picked up 7/23/2012
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I definately like that color. Good Luck.

2019 Velocity Blue GT 6m Premium
401a
Black Out Package
B&O Stereo
Active Valve Exhaust
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicketybam View Post
It looks awesome. Of course I have a DIB with the track pack

I'm in NY and my dealer actually called to ask if I wanted the plate on. Actually he said, "You don't want us to put the front plate on, do you?" I ordered the flip up plate from AM but I haven't installed it yet. It's on the back seat floor along with my plate.
Just a heads up because I got mine sitting and waiting. You do have to drill the underside of the bumper for the flip up plate.

Ordered 7/21/12 VIN 8/2/12
Window Sticker 8/17/12 Build date 8/23/12
1st ETA 8/27/12 New ETA is 9/5/12.
Sterling Grey Metallic
Mustang GT 400A MT 82
Mods waiting :Barton shifter and bracket, AM flip plate, Redline Hood Struts, JLT Oil Separator, and Gt500 axle backs.
Apprentice

Garage
Congrats! That color really is great.

2011 Performance White 5.0
6MT / Brembos / 3:73 Gears / MGW / Borla ATAK Catback / FRPP K Springs / Koni STR.T / UPR UCA & LCA / UPR Adj. Panhard Bar / GT500 Strut Mounts / GT500 Spoiler / CS Front Fascia & Rear Diffuser / Roush Side Splitters
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Thanks again I just snapped a few quick shots after the test drive yesterday. I'll eventually get a few more up there.

I guess they're gonna do what they need to in order to get my front plate on. I'm just swapping from the 2005. It sucks, but that's life in Mass. Front plates are required...

I'm picking it up tomorrow after work and then doing 3 days touring Vermont with 4 great friends all of which will be on bikes. It's an annual trip we've been doing for a few years now and I have to say, my timing getting this new car couldn't be more perfect! Can't wait to get to know each other a little better driving down some of the best roads in the country!

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albeeno View Post
Thanks again I just snapped a few quick shots after the test drive yesterday. I'll eventually get a few more up there.

I guess they're gonna do what they need to in order to get my front plate on. I'm just swapping from the 2005. It sucks, but that's life in Mass. Front plates are required...

I'm picking it up tomorrow after work and then doing 3 days touring Vermont with 4 great friends all of which will be on bikes. It's an annual trip we've been doing for a few years now and I have to say, my timing getting this new car couldn't be more perfect! Can't wait to get to know each other a little better driving down some of the best roads in the country!
Front plates are required here in Texas too. Already told the dealer not to drill the bumper

I've never had a front plate on any of my past vehicles. The few times I've been pulled over and asked about it, I was just honest and said "I have the plate but think it just ruins the look of front of the car".

The response is usually "I agree, have a nice day"
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Congrats! nice car

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

U.S. Navy veteran 1964-1968
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxxon View Post
Front plates are required here in Texas too. Already told the dealer not to drill the bumper

I've never had a front plate on any of my past vehicles. The few times I've been pulled over and asked about it, I was just honest and said "I have the plate but think it just ruins the look of front of the car".

My problem is that within 7 days of purchase I am required to pass a state inspection. If the plate isn't affixed to the bumper, then I fail the inspection and the car isn't legal to drive. Then once a year I have to get it reinspected. I don't know if all states do this but in The People's Republic of Massachusetts it's par for the course.

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxxon View Post

Unless you get a pissed off state trooper, I've had the same experience in TX. Usually try to make them feel bad by imagining it in their own shoes. Works good. Don't think I'll ever drill holes in the bumper of a car I own!

2013 GT Premium, Brembo's, Track Pack, 6MT, Recaro's, Reverse Sensors/Camera, GT500 A/B, BMR Springs, Strange 10-way Adjustables w/GT500 Mounts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, 20" Staggered Vossen CV2's/Nitto Invo's.....BMR UCA/Bracket, BMR LCA's, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets being done soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page