Ebay Switch Blade Key Review - Page 7 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Got the key. It is OEM quality except I wasn't too happy with the key blade itself (like a lot of other owners mine is 'loose') however I ended up just living with it, getting it cut and programming it myself (the hardest part was the off/on 8 x to get it into programming mode)

But other than that I'm happy and now the car's key looks different. It's really the little things - others may say it is moot but sometimes the key in your pocket is the most important thing.

2011 GT 5.0 Performance White | 6SPD MT82
Borla | Corsa | 3DCarbon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmotorsport View Post
Got the key. It is OEM quality except I wasn't too happy with the key blade itself (like a lot of other owners mine is 'loose') however I ended up just living with it, getting it cut and programming it myself (the hardest part was the off/on 8 x to get it into programming mode)

But other than that I'm happy and now the car's key looks different. It's really the little things - others may say it is moot but sometimes the key in your pocket is the most important thing.
So I've been following this thread with some interest for a while now and I'm not sure which key works as a replacement for the "SA" stamped OEM key.

jpmotorsport, could you post a link to your supplier and tell me if your OEM key was the "SA" style?

Thanks.....and good thread!

Never argue with an idiot........They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grok View Post
So I've been following this thread with some interest for a while now and I'm not sure which key works as a replacement for the "SA" stamped OEM key.

jpmotorsport, could you post a link to your supplier and tell me if your OEM key was the "SA" style?

Thanks.....and good thread!
Brand New Mercury 4 Button Keyless Clicker Remote Flip Key Switchblade 80 Bit | eBay

This works for SA keys.

My Junk POS MT82 and tens of thousand POS mt82 survived TWO winters. How can it be? It's suppose to whine and grind all winter!!!! I love troll myth
2012 GT Premium, Glass Roof, 3.73, MT82, HID+SEC, 401A, MGW shifter, Gt500 muffler, Clear bra, 3M tint

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calchan View Post
Thanks for the link! It looks like a good one.

Never argue with an idiot........They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangJohnny View Post
I picked one of these up last week, got it cut and programmed no problem. The blade does have some wiggle room, but I don't notice it enough. The buttons are a little bit different from the stock key and sometimes don't lock / unlock / pop the trunk as quick as I'm used to. Also, it seems like the range on the remote is a little less than the stock key. I say this, but I still like this key and plan on continuing to use it.
Please don't say this as stock key sucks worst then any key I ever had!
Most times have to push buttons zillion times to get it to work & have to be right on top of car.
This goes for both my keys.I sure hope new one works better then stock or I'm out $40.00 for sure!

Order 11/2 * Dora 11/6 * Vin 11/17 * Window Sticker 12/3 * Blend 12/8 * ETA 12/26 * Dealer 12/22 * Delivered 12/28/15

2016 I4 2.3L EcoBoost *Competition Orange * Group 201A * 6-Speed Auto * Security Package * Wheel & Stripe Package * Spare Tire * Park Assist
PONY Member

The trunk button functions differently on this remote. Doesn't support the quick '2x' of the OEM fob.

If I just hit the buttons slower or 3x it usually opens it.

Love hitting the keyblade as I'm about to start the car though. Believe it or not it makes it worthwhile. :kooky:

Can't wait for the startled look on the Ford service writer's face when I hand him this key.

2011 GT 5.0 Performance White | 6SPD MT82
Borla | Corsa | 3DCarbon
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezul View Post
Got one. Programmed it in five min. So far so good but the buttons are def slower.
Got mine today & pleased to say tons faster then factory remote!
I programed to car & remote less then 2 mins. and all works perfect!

Lowes would not cut key so I went to Home Depot and they did it FREE.

I backed up few 100 feet and new remote opens car first time with no issues.
Yes have to push 3 times for trunk but I could CARE less. Best $36.99 I've spent

Order 11/2 * Dora 11/6 * Vin 11/17 * Window Sticker 12/3 * Blend 12/8 * ETA 12/26 * Dealer 12/22 * Delivered 12/28/15

2016 I4 2.3L EcoBoost *Competition Orange * Group 201A * 6-Speed Auto * Security Package * Wheel & Stripe Package * Spare Tire * Park Assist
Apprentice

Got this one last week:Coque Plip Télécommande CLÉ Boîtier Fob Case 4 Bouton Pour Ford Lincoln Mercury | eBay.
Wasn't sure it would work but at less than $21 I was willing to gamble. Glad to report that it works,like a charm! The only difficulty was getting the pin in to hold the key blade better quality than the one in the earlier part of this thread (got one of those too). It doesn't come with a Ford sticker but the price was right.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Garage
Here's a video on how to program the switch blade fob for a 2008.
Switch Blade Key Fob - 2008 Ford Mustang GT - YouTube

2007 Mustang Gt Alloy Grey. 5 Speed, Cool Intake, Sequential Lights.
Magnaflow Exhaust, Viper Alarm w/ Remote Start, Eleanor Grille, GT500 Spoiler,Shorty Antenna.
Shaker 1000 w/ Sirius satellite,Heated Leather Seats,Tinted front and side running lights.
Lowered on 20 inch Niche F-18 Rims.

Ex wife not allowed in car....
PONY Member

Garage
so I have been researching this whole 40bit and 80bit thing and apparently according to this article the keys stamped SA are only 80bit compatible, doesn't mean the vehicle is using 80bit. Has anyone been able to confirm 100% if the 2011's are 40 or 80?

http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDow...irmwareid=2632

2011 V6 Mustang
6 Speed Manual - 3.31 Gears
Kona Blue, Pony Package
12Pony5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by adblink View Post
so I have been researching this whole 40bit and 80bit thing and apparently according to this article the keys stamped SA are only 80bit compatible, doesn't mean the vehicle is using 80bit. Has anyone been able to confirm 100% if the 2011's are 40 or 80?

I have the key from OP original post. Works as described.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adblink View Post

I'm not so sure that document is correct... it sounds reasonable but it does not match the information in Ford's service manual so I don't know. But it makes no difference. If you have a key with SA on the shaft and you buy an 80-bit replacement, it will work so there's no reason to care which encryption it's using.

If the 80-bit keys are indeed backward compatible with the 40-bit systems then there would be no reason to ever buy a 40-bit key. That would be interesting to have confirmed just out of curiosity but again it makes no practical difference to a key purchaser.

2011 Pony Pkg. convertible M6
2000 Trans Am WS7 (sold)
PONY Member

nice find!!!!!!

2013 Canadian Mustang GT "Budget Boss" Deep Impact Blue (Borla Atak Axleback)
1979 International Scout II

"The Time is Now, Adapt and Destroy!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
key , switch blade , switchblade , switchblade key

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page