2013 Mustang GT AUTOMATIC 0 to 60 - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

I dont know why everyone says the autos seem slow. Ive had 2 5.0 a6 cars went 12.37 @ 114 plus with my 2011 in great air and 12.44 @ 113 with my 2013 in decent air. As a point of reference most auto camaro ss cars have trouble running mid 13s.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle phil View Post
I dont know why everyone says the autos seem slow. Ive had 2 5.0 a6 cars went 12.37 @ 114 plus with my 2011 in great air and 12.44 @ 113 with my 2013 in decent air. As a point of reference most auto camaro ss cars have trouble running mid 13s.
Not a Camero salesman but this is just a wrong statement. The autos too can see 12s w just a tune pretty easily. So can the manuals but that's more driver capabilities

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

2012 black on black GT Premium Auto 6R80 - 400A
20 x 8.5" AR Torq Thrust M - BMR springs & Koni str.t shocks - GT500 mounts - J&M LCAs - CHE reloc brackets - J&M panhard - General GMAX AS3 - GT500 axel backs (no resonators) - GT500 spoiler - MMD tail light trim - Roush side splitters - AM upper/lower billet grill - Bama 93v2R tune - Airade CAI
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle phil View Post
With great air my car went [email protected] with the pro cal tune and catback only. That same day a friend's camaro with tune, long tubes, and catback went 12.69 not sure of mph. Yeah he was disapointed.

2011 mustang base gt auto

PONY Member

aren't the auto SS engines different than the manual? the 5.0 has the same for both.

And my auto doesn't seem slow. It f'n rocks and is the best auto i've owned. Had manuals too, just tired of shifting for my DD.

I still have the 600rr if i want to bust through gears... and run 10s with a good launch. 11s if bad.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunkumar View Post
Hi guys, I did a test drive on GT/CS AUTO 3.15 Gears. I am thinking of buying this car.

Factors :- There were two of us in the car, ESC was 'ON', it was a bent uneven road, air condition was 'ON' and 87 Octane. It took 7 secs(using Track apps) for a 60.

There is a lot of reviews showing a 60 can be made in 4.5 secs. I totally understand factors i mentioned above hinder the performance(0-60 times). Now here is my question, i will give it a 91 Octane, turn off ESC/Air condition and hop on a straight/less windy road, can i a make a 60 in 5 secs. I am not confident about it. I think most reviewers did it using a manual and 3.73 Gears. I don't care about how manual transmissions perform because i am not getting it anyway.

Added to my disappointment i did test drive a Camaro 2SS(Automatic with 3.27 Gears) and felt a little quicker. I didn't count the time though. It could just be my feeling and i could be wrong.

I am in the brink and was about to buy the car but after what i saw i am disappointed. Help me with your suggestions/experiences guys. Modding is always an option but i want to see what stock is really capable of.

Edit: Here is the fact my Brother's drive 335i and M3. I really wished this could stand against. I really don't want to buy a 335i, I want to be something else. I did a test drive on Volvo S60 T6 AWD (325hp) and felt a lot quicker and the same way with the 335i. Well they are just 300+ HP. I don't know if it is just my feeling. Help me guys. I need an expert advice.

Varunkumer, I know this is 2 weeks after this post but: #1 You do lose a substactial amount of HP when you use 87 octane.
A little insight on BMW 335i's. I owned one for 17 months and it was in the shop around 13 times with Turbo and Fuel Inj issues. BMW bought it back from me directly. I got all my money back including all my payments which led me on the search for a replacement. I test drove all comparable vehicles. Anything close to specs was way to expensive. I ordered my Mustang 4 weeks ago and cant wait to get it. It is a cool vehicle at thousands less. No doubt my 335I automatic was fast but inconsistent. The Mustang has higher reliability than BMW's plus are extreemly satisfying to drive like the 335I. I loved the Ultimate Driving machine but it was also the Ultimate Breaking machine. Also the Volvo has a 0-60 of 5.7 and a 1/4 mile of 14.2 @ 98 MPH. I totally understand what you mean by how they "Feel". It's that in your face Turbo push once you hit that RMP which I loved in my 335i. (I did not like the lag though). The Mustang V8 is a totally different approach and different "Feel" altogether. It a car feels fast does not mean it is fast case in point the Volvo. 87 Octane in a Muscle car???? Why??? I don't get that.
So,
In other words BMWs have many mechanical Issues. To me it does not make sense to cost 50 to 65 K for a car that has horrible reliability. How can you trust driving it anywhere more that 10 miles away? It broke down on 2 vacations I took not counting the other 11 times close to home.

Guitarman

Ordered: 9-5-2012, Vin on 9-27-12
Window Sticker 10-8-12, Build Date 10-15-12
1ST ETA: 10-29 2ND ETA: 11/3
3RD ETA: 10-29
Delivery taken on Monday 10-29-2012

2013 GT Premium Mustang, Auto, Race Red, Brick Red Interior, Comfort, Brembo, Pedestal Spoiler, Shaker Pro, Side Scoops
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 412horses View Post
The right car will be the one you think about day and night and can't think about much else until you have it.
Well Said

2012 Mustang GT Premium, MT-82, Kona Blue Metallic, Factory 3.73's
Rookie

5.0 auto with 4.10s

I have a 2011 GT/cs convert with an auto,the 3.15s didnt do it for me.The mods i have done are a BAMA tune,Airraid CAI,BBk85mm and a set of ford racing 4.10s.This has completely changed the car.Off the line is awesome now,thinking approx 4.1 secs.It pulls real hard.

Bob
Chilliwack bc
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinton2003 View Post
Well Said

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2014 GT Coupe 6spd Black / Black - 401A / Brembo's
MODS: FRPP FR1 Power Pack, FRPP X-Pipe, FRPP Short Shifter, GT/CS Fogs
371rwhp/365rwtq - Mustang Dyno 1750SE

2003 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V 6spd Silver / Red
MODS : AEM CAI / Megan Racing Exhaust Header w/o Cat / Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts / 2002 Red Interior
1/4 : 15.1 @ 92 MPH
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

7 seconds???? You must be doing something wrong. Start with turning off the TC completely, Rev to 1500/2000 RPM and than launch.
My PB is 4.6 sec and with some practise 4.4/4.5 should be possible.

2010 Performance white V6 automatic: Sold.

2014 Oxford white GT/CS, glassroof, comfort pkg. VMP tune, Borla touring AB, RLT hoodlift
PONY Member

I don't have a bone stock 0-60 run uploaded but it was only a little bit slower than this... This is a 0-80 right after I put my bama tune on. Tune and Kooks axle back only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu6HuQ7dks0

2013 5.0, Black, Auto, Procharger P1SC stg 2, 4.13'' pulley(8 psi), 3'' x pipe, Circle D 3c, Kooks axleback, BMR control arms. 593rwhp
notaV8

im doing 4.6 secs with 3:31 gears and a manual, you either suck or the autos suck. I have the track app records too lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page