2013 Mustang GTmanual dyno done today - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Banned

SAE corrects to 60*F, 29.92 Hg, 0% humidity. That's why many usually get that SAE so numbers can be compared and corrects all rwhp to the same atmospheric conditions. The most important factors are the first two as far as affecting rwhp/acceleration with humidity a distant 3rd. Given that, if you can run in a lower temp and higher atmospheric pressure...power will increase and a better ET and mph is possible.

Density Altitude factors in all these atmospheric conditions and can be used to correct all timeslips to Sea Level, 29.92 Hg, 0% humidity.

This is without checking, but I think my memory is correct on the numbers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense View Post
SAE corrects to 60*F, 29.92 Hg, 0% humidity. That's why many usually get that SAE so numbers can be compared and corrects all rwhp to the same atmospheric conditions. The most important factors are the first two as far as affecting rwhp/acceleration with humidity a distant 3rd. Given that, if you can run in a lower temp and higher atmospheric pressure...power will increase and a better ET and mph is possible.

Density Altitude factors in all these atmospheric conditions and can be used to correct all timeslips to Sea Level, 29.92 Hg, 0% humidity.

This is without checking, but I think my memory is correct on the numbers.

The older SAE J607 standard is 60F, 29.92in-Hg, and 0% humidity. Which is now being used in the STD correction formula on most dynos.

The newer SAE J1349 standard of correction use 77F, 0% humidity 29.23 in-Hg.

The J1349 is the currently accepted correction for SAE standard.

2011 GT Prem - 400a, Brembo Pkg, 3.55s, 6spd
OLD 405rwhp/381rwtq - 12.71 @ 113.13mph, 2.099 60' on stock tires (DA corrected 12.3 @ 116mph)
Mods: Boss 302 bottom end, JPC Stage 1 heads, Boss 302 Manifold/Oil Cooler/Front Fascia/Rear Diffuser, Mishimoto Radiator, Spec Clutch/Flywheel, Airaid CAI, JBA Long Tubes, Pypes Super System, Eibach Pro-Kit, UMI LCA/Relo Brackets/Panhard Bar, GT500 wheels/Nitto NT555 (255/45 F, 285/40 R), Barton Shifter/Bracket, SGII /w blendmount, V1
Banned

That is such a pretty torque curve. Just fat and meaty right where you need it most.

160 miles and you strapped it to a dyno? You didn't want to let it break in a bit? I'm betting you'll get a little better numbers once everything loosens up in 1000-2000 miles.

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehMoose View Post
The older SAE J607 standard is 60F, 29.92in-Hg, and 0% humidity. Which is now being used in the STD correction formula on most dynos.

The newer SAE J1349 standard of correction use 77F, 0% humidity 29.23 in-Hg.

The J1349 is the currently accepted correction for SAE standard.
I've heard of and seen the standard and I'm sure there may be some shops and teams that do use it. Not sure they would find it acceptable to assume an X% mechanical loss using the J1349. BSFC would be better to use along with the J607. My humble opinion. Not necessarily disagreeing. I would be interested in how they determine a fixed mechanical efficiency?

We still used the J607 at the School of Automotive Machinists. Like any engine or chassis dyno, just a tool to see what works and as long as you use the same standard...you're good. Now going to Engine Masters, our engine would easily pick up 30ish hp on their dyno...so another variable there.

Now...on the other hand, an oem production engine, sure. They have a large budget.
old_goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDonut View Post
That is such a pretty torque curve. Just fat and meaty right where you need it most.

160 miles and you strapped it to a dyno? You didn't want to let it break in a bit? I'm betting you'll get a little better numbers once everything loosens up in 1000-2000 miles.
I asked them a couple of times if this was safe and they guaranteed me it was OK. I told them to err on the side of caution because the car only had 160 miles they said they would. This is a very well known and highly respected speed shop, not some fly by night guy with the keys to the dyno.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangChris810 View Post
Nice charts. Now I know why I get the best ET's shifting at right around 6500-6700 RPM. The Coyote seems to run out of steam after 6500 or so...
True. Nearly any engine drops off rapidly above peak power RPM - another reason why removing the shift limiter on the Coyote is bad juju since it is far more risky than beneficial. On some cars (like the early L98 Vettes) short-shifting hundred of RPM below peak actually provided better ET's. Part of this was the way the gears were spaced, but a lot was the fact that peak powewr fell like a stone in the early days of TPI and the much better intake manifolds and fuel delivery we have today.

Think what the KiYote will put out when it is direct injected. I would not be surprised to see 500 BHP.

2011 GT Premium Brembo ("Spirit"), Kona/red, 1.5" drop, Goodridge SS brake lines, 3.73's, LPW Ultra diff cover, HID, JLT oil catch can, FRPP ProCal II w. Airaid, FRPP X-pipe, Roush axlebacks, Boss LS tranny cooler, Boss oil cooler, Boss radiator, Torsen T2-R; FRPP "K" springs, struts, shocks, mounts, anti-rollbars, upper strut brace, poly bushings; Barton shifter/MkII bracket, CG-Lock, Grabber knob, silver Forgestar CF5 19x9 35mm offset, AE aluminum driveshaft
PONY Member

Actually, the '13's are rated at 420 HP. Did you dyno the car in 5th gear? We need your SAE numbers.

'12 Ingot Silver Mustang GT Premium, 401A, MT-82, BMR Springs(front), Eibach Sportline Springs(rear), Koni STR.T's, FRPP GT500 Strut Mounts, J&M Adjustable Pamhard Bar, FRPP 3.73's, CS Front Valence, 19" x 9.5" Hypersilver OEM '10 GT500 Wheels. LMR Shorty Antenna
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FivePoint.0 View Post
Actually, the '13's are rated at 420 HP. Did you dyno the car in 5th gear? We need your SAE numbers.
Yup, gain 8HP, lose oil squirters on the pistons.

2011 GT Premium Brembo ("Spirit"), Kona/red, 1.5" drop, Goodridge SS brake lines, 3.73's, LPW Ultra diff cover, HID, JLT oil catch can, FRPP ProCal II w. Airaid, FRPP X-pipe, Roush axlebacks, Boss LS tranny cooler, Boss oil cooler, Boss radiator, Torsen T2-R; FRPP "K" springs, struts, shocks, mounts, anti-rollbars, upper strut brace, poly bushings; Barton shifter/MkII bracket, CG-Lock, Grabber knob, silver Forgestar CF5 19x9 35mm offset, AE aluminum driveshaft
old_goat

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I got another bone stock dyno done today. I wanted to get a dyno on the same exact dyno I got the first one on, because later in the month, I'm getting a FRPP tune installed, then will take the car back and get another dyno after the tune. The DA was around -300 here in the Houston area. It looks like break in miles plus great DA equals better numbers. The pull was done in 5th gear, like the first one back in September.

Now, if I could only put these numbers on the track, that would be great.

BOSS Member

Garage
Not bad at all.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Looking forward to seeing the FRPP Tune numbers on a stock GT. Never did a before and after on my 12GT.

2019 Velocity Blue GT 6m Premium
401a
Black Out Package
B&O Stereo
Active Valve Exhaust
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingot Silver GT View Post
Looking forward to seeing the FRPP Tune numbers on a stock GT. Never did a before and after on my 12GT.
Me too.....

I had mine dynoed with the FRPP tune and the exhaust mods in sig. Made 397/391, I'll have to dig up the sheet. FWIW, the operator did a stock 5.0 and said mine made about 20 rwhp more...but being done on different days makes a difference.

2015 Gt with perf pack/Guard Green/MBRP race exhaust/Steeda shifter bracket/ ....... more to come

Originally Posted by cudaman ........
Let's hope you don't have the same problem with your zipper and your fueling rod, should you run into another female in a Camaro that needs genetic gas.
old_goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridenfish39 View Post
but being done on different days makes a difference.
I agree with this statement.

I really wanted a before FRPP and after FRPP tune, but the Ford dealership who will do the install doesn't have a dyno and the shop with the dyno is around 30 minutes away from the house.

I just happened to have a couple of free hours to get a dyno run plus I wanted to get another dyno run done with about 2,500 miles on the car and in a lot better weather than the previous dyno run.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page