Bad Night at the Baytown Dragstrip - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Bad Night at the Baytown Dragstrip

I get there and the tree is not working so after about an hour of waiting... they decide to use flags... so no time slips either, and before I get up to race a motorcycle leaks oil on the track. There were a few pissed off people to say the least, especially being the first night under 80 degrees in 3 months.

But.....

When I did get up to race a Challenger SRT8 (not the 392) pulled up beside me, so it was a race worth watching... He got the better launch then me, but it only took about a second for me to catch up... at the end of the 1/4 I had him by about 3 car lengths. So it was worth it anyway, I've wanted to try one of those out for awhile now.

Before I had a chance to race again a car leaked oil all over the track... so we just left... Biggest crowd there in a while.

Try again next week... Anxious to see what my new times are with my latest mods.

2003 Sonic Blue Mustang SVT Cobra - 460RWHP - 480ftlbs

SOLD - 2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 401RWHP SAE - 12.64s @ 114.48mph

SOLD - 2003 Redfire Mustang GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012
MACH I Member
S197 Member

That Blows.... Hopefully things are working next week, and they do better tech inspections as well....

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I had a few friends that were there last night. There were quite a few unhappy people... Hahaha. And there is little to no tech inspection at all at Royal Purple.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012
Apprentice
5.0L Member

I was going to go... Had a few friends out there.

2013 Performance White Mustang GT 5.0 MT, 3.73s Id1000 Injectors, BAP, Paxton 2200 SL, Barton Short throw shiter + bracket, On3 o/r x pipe
(Sold)2012 Race Red Mustang GT 5.0 MT
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Yah it was the busiest night of the summer, I raced once with no slip... I plan to go to the track out by Hennessy the next time...

2003 Sonic Blue Mustang SVT Cobra - 460RWHP - 480ftlbs

SOLD - 2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 401RWHP SAE - 12.64s @ 114.48mph

SOLD - 2003 Redfire Mustang GT
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013
Apprentice

Snapped a picture over the Baytown NHRA flying into Houston. This was morning after and guys were loading up the trailers. Couldnt get one of the racing on the day before because it was so cloudy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	449.2 KB
ID:	224537  

2012 Mustang GT CS / Performance White / Black Leather / 302-MT82 / 3.73 / HID lamps and fogs / Bama tune / K&N air filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page