Car came back from the dealer - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

I don't know is their?

2012 GT Premium, Ingot Silver, Brembo package, 3.73's, Clear Bra, GT500 Axle Backs, tint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmustgt View Post
Unbelievable things poeple demand of others that they won't do for others
You lost me -- are you saying I was demanding too much?

2009 Mustang GT Premium: Grabber Orange with custom black paint | 5 Speed Manual | 3.73 Gears | Custom CarFX Tune | Steeda Cold Air Intake | Steeda Axle Back Exhaust | Push To Start | Hurst Competition Plus Short Shifter | Rear Window Louvers | Window Tint | 8-inch Shorty Antenna | Parnelli Jones Race Number | ELEANOR Style Honeycomb Grille | ELEANOR Style Quarter Window Louvers | ELEANOR Vanity Plate
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I make them walk around the car with me when I drop it off.
even though they have a damage disclaimer sign I ignore it.
you brake it you fix it is my policy and i ***** up until im satisfied or they call the cops.

Base performance package:1/4 window louvers,k&n drop in filter,barton shifter,3:73 ford racing gears and diff cover,royal purple gear oil,spohn del sphere uca and mounting bracket.red & black leather seats.20%tint BBK Shorty Headers. tokico d spec adjustable shocks and struts, boss rear seat delete (red) future mods:driveshaft safety loop,clutch and flywheel

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
My dealer does a scratch and dent inspection before you sign the service paperwork and you get a copy. If they screw up they will fix it.
My dealer does the same thing. Both parties are protected.

2011 GT Mustang - Performance White / Brick Red - Cashmere : 401A : Brembo : Electronics PKG : Spoiler Delete : 3.73:1 : Glass Roof : Comfort PKG : Security PKG : HID
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

OP, make sure you have have everything in writing and pics when you return and make them sign for a copy. Make sure you make note of the time you called them after the pick up of the car. However, I'm sure they will claim you must have done something to the car after you left the dealership. Either way it's documented for BBB.

2011 Shelby Convertible w/SVT Performance & Electronics Packages
2011 Shelby GTS V6 Convertible, AT, CAI, Aluminum DS, 3.73, Tune
2006GTfan

Why are there so many issues I read about with dealers and damaging cars?

Another thing I hate is how they drive the car. I always see them whipping around turns and such when I'm at the dealer. I cringe how they drive my cars when I'm not around.
post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

so one of the spots on the front has been touched up...i dont even own any touch up paint. they claim they cant do anything to the front spots, but they are going to do a full detail and buff out the scratches on the side...idk if i should be content or pursue this more, the manager is claiming that no one does touch up except him, but it clearly was touched up....making me even more convinced that the damage was their fault

2013 V6 DIB. PP
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

The worst part is the long one above the wheel doesn't look like a scratch that would be made by some kind of accident. People can be so f-ed up.

And no, a buff job no matter how good is not sufficient. Maybe PM Deysha and see if she's got any ideas for you.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe • Performance White • 6R80 • HID • 64M Wheels • Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner • GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set • Ohio's Horses License Plate • Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by titusdrake View Post
my 2013 went to the dealer today for the 7500 service. when i got home i noticed that behind the drivers door there is a 20 inch long scuff, as well as a 3 two-inch scratches, and two spots on the hood where there are holes all the way down to the metal. i mean...REALLY?!
i know when washed you'll notice scratches you didn't see before...but dam these are rough...
OUCH!! I just cried a little, titusdrake. There’s not much I can do, since it’s not a manufacturer’s defect. However, I can document your experience in our system and have it forwarded to the Customer Relations Manager for you. PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 412horses View Post
And no, a buff job no matter how good is not sufficient. Maybe PM Deysha and see if she's got any ideas for you.
Thanks for the mention, 412horses.

Deysha
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

it took me 4 weeks of talking with the different managers before they agreed to touch up the scratches. two weeks ago on Monday I dropped my pony off.

They still have my car, I have little to no idea what is going on. and the service rep seems to not know much either.

from what I can gather they sent it to their bodyshop, who then removed my vinyl stripes, then blended the scratches on the hood and rear quarter panel, then the dealership got the car back and I had to call in and email them the link to AmericanMuscle so that they could order new stripes, then they were going to install the stripes and do a full detail, and It was supposed to be finished last Thurs. they ordered the stripes last Monday, as of yesterday the stripes are not installed yet.

ive been driving a rental car for 6 days now, and theyve had my Mustang for 16 days.

2013 V6 DIB. PP
SHELBY GT 350 Member

if they are springing for the rental I'll say you are doing well. Thx for the update let us know how it comes out. Once again, good luck.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
MACH I Member

Seeing things like this makes me even more hesitant to bring my car into the dealership for anything. I have a bunch of problems piling up but I keep putting off the trip. I'll have to do it soon though since my bumper to bumper expires in June.

2018 GT350 - Race red

2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
Apprentice

My car was in the body shop for nearly two weeks when the vinyl guy my dealership contracted destroyed my paint with many, many scratches. They gave me a free rental, so I didn't complain too much. Just call every other day for a report. How did you get them to finally agree to repair the car?

Keep us posted!

2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 GT/CS | Red Candy | Manual | MCA Edition | Premium Leather | Glass Roof Option | Security Package

Painted Shelby Stripes | Black "GT" Fuel Door | Retro Chrome handle on Short Shifter | Borla S-Type Axleback Exhaust
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by titusdrake View Post
it took me 4 weeks of talking with the different managers before they agreed to touch up the scratches. two weeks ago on Monday I dropped my pony off.

They still have my car, I have little to no idea what is going on. and the service rep seems to not know much either.

from what I can gather they sent it to their bodyshop, who then removed my vinyl stripes, then blended the scratches on the hood and rear quarter panel, then the dealership got the car back and I had to call in and email them the link to AmericanMuscle so that they could order new stripes, then they were going to install the stripes and do a full detail, and It was supposed to be finished last Thurs. they ordered the stripes last Monday, as of yesterday the stripes are not installed yet.

ive been driving a rental car for 6 days now, and theyve had my Mustang for 16 days.
This is like "two steps forward and one step back." I'd go look at the car. If you are satisfied with the paint repair work I'd take the car, and the stripes in a paper bag, and run. You must have had the stripes put on by someone you thought did it well, and I'd have them do it again (Give the bill to the dealership and hope for the best). I'd say bye to the "big free detail" and get my car out before they fouled it up again. Then, I'd look for a new service option for the future.

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
My car came back from the dealership on two different chronological occasions, with damage to the car.

One of those "damages" was a bird EGG on my spoiler that they allowed to sit there for days. When I saw it, my car was indoors, in the shop being worked on -- and nobody thought to clean the egg off my car!

I made it known to that dealership (Matthews Ford), and they did not do enough to make me a happy customer -- so this weekend, I'm visiting a different dealership for my 30,000 mile checkup.

I hope this new dealership is better -- they sponsor the local Mustang Club, so I really hope I can trust them...
Matthews ford has some low life's working for them. I wouldn't recommend anyone to go there.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2011 PERFORMANCE WHITE GT/CS AUTO - SOLD
Lethal O/R X
Airaid CAI
Bama Tune

2013 GRABBER BLUE BOSS 302 #2316
Full MBRP Exhaust
AED Tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page