Car came back from the dealer - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

I haven't been back to the dealer since I bought the car for this very reason. Especially bad since they drilled the top mounting holes for the license plate too big and the screws they put in fell out. I had to drill the bottom two holes. Figured if they couldn't drill the hole the right size what else could they mess up given the chance.

Base 2013 Mustang GT convertible, MT, race red w/301A package, JLT air/oil separator, JHR shifter bracket, K&N air filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT Zod View Post
My car was in the body shop for nearly two weeks when the vinyl guy my dealership contracted destroyed my paint with many, many scratches. They gave me a free rental, so I didn't complain too much. Just call every other day for a report. How did you get them to finally agree to repair the car?

Keep us posted!
kept calling and asking lol. the squeaky wheel gets fixed

2013 V6 DIB. PP
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

today I was told that they messed up with the vinyls, so they ordered a second pair and r gonna try again.

2013 V6 DIB. PP

PONY Member

Wow. That place sounds like a joke.

You should drop by and make it apparent that you want the job done 100%.

2013 Mustang GT - 402A GT/CS - 6R80 - Glass Roof - Engine Block Heater - SGM Exterior - CB/Miko Interior

Steeda Adjustable PHB (Street) and Steeda PH Brace, Stainless Works Retro Catback Exhaust...
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by titusdrake View Post
it took me 4 weeks of talking with the different managers before they agreed to touch up the scratches. two weeks ago on Monday I dropped my pony off.
They still have my car, I have little to no idea what is going on. and the service rep seems to not know much either.
Quote:
My car was in the body shop for nearly two weeks when the vinyl guy my dealership contracted destroyed my paint with many, many scratches. They gave me a free rental, so I didn't complain too much. Just call every other day for a report. How did you get them to finally agree to repair the car?
Keep us posted!
Let me get this paint concern escalated for you, guys. PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can forward it to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewr87 View Post
Seeing things like this makes me even more hesitant to bring my car into the dealership for anything. I have a bunch of problems piling up but I keep putting off the trip. I'll have to do it soon though since my bumper to bumper expires in June.
You should make your dealer aware of this, matthewr87. If you need further assistance, please contact Ford Canada at 1-800-565-3673.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogi88 View Post
Matthews ford has some low life's working for them. I wouldn't recommend anyone to go there.
I am concerned about your comments regarding your experience with this dealer, Nogi88. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number as well, so I can get your experience and concerns documented for you.

Deysha
Apprentice

Deysha -

My problem was fixed awhile ago. There was just a TON of damage to my car, so it took the dealership 2 weeks to fix. That being said, they fixed it (on their dime) and now my car is beautiful =)

2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 GT/CS | Red Candy | Manual | MCA Edition | Premium Leather | Glass Roof Option | Security Package

Painted Shelby Stripes | Black "GT" Fuel Door | Retro Chrome handle on Short Shifter | Borla S-Type Axleback Exhaust
FordService

Quote:
Deysha -

My problem was fixed awhile ago. There was just a TON of damage to my car, so it took the dealership 2 weeks to fix. That being said, they fixed it (on their dime) and now my car is beautiful =)
Thanks, LT Zod. Glad to know it was all taken care of. :yelpleased:

Deysha
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
This is like "two steps forward and one step back." I'd go look at the car. If you are satisfied with the paint repair work I'd take the car, and the stripes in a paper bag, and run. You must have had the stripes put on by someone you thought did it well, and I'd have them do it again (Give the bill to the dealership and hope for the best). I'd say bye to the "big free detail" and get my car out before they fouled it up again. Then, I'd look for a new service option for the future.
Quote:
today I was told that they messed up with the vinyls, so they ordered a second pair and r gonna try again.
I think you and the dealer would have been better off if you had taken the stripes somewhere else, at their expense - like the first place that put them on for you. Most delearships don't have the skills or talent to do "graphics work." Many will refuse or "send it out." Now they still have a chance to "really screw the car up." Dealerships are "like a box of chocolates."

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

no word yet. going on three weeks this Monday. the Chevy Aveo I was given as a rental 9 days ago will not start so im stuck here at work an hr away from my house.

2013 V6 DIB. PP
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Enterprise wants to charge me for roadside assistance. I declined. so now I have to use my own roadside assistance for Enterprises junk Chevy.

(this might be normal, im not familiar with rental car policies, as this is my first rental car ever)

How badly I miss my beautiful Mustang right now.

2013 V6 DIB. PP
SHELBY GT 350 Member

wtf for the roadside. I know most Enterprise are privately owned,complain (polite but firm) anytime I had issues with Enterprise (I use them 2 or 3x yr) I've ended up with free days/upgrades.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
tym
Banned

Quote:
Enterprise wants to charge me for roadside assistance. I declined. so now I have to use my own roadside assistance for Enterprises junk Chevy.
Tell them you're going to push it into a ditch if they don't help you.

Do you have AAA?

Hope all this gets sorted out soon. I've had one bad and one good experience with dealership work in the past, so it really is hit-or-miss.
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym View Post
Tell them you're going to push it into a ditch if they don't help you.

Do you have AAA?

Hope all this gets sorted out soon. I've had one bad and one good experience with dealership work in the past, so it really is hit-or-miss.
I have AAA they took care of me

2013 V6 DIB. PP
post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

picked my Mustang up on Monday, best feeling in the world. almost like the first day I drove her home. the scratches are completely gone, paint looks good, stripes look perfect like beforec no air bubbles or anything. they gave me half a tank of gas, but didnt detail it. so once it stops raining im gonna wash and wax her good.

2013 V6 DIB. PP
SHELBY GT 350 Member

at least they made it right

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page