Car came back from the dealer - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Car came back from the dealer

my 2013 went to the dealer today for the 7500 service. when i got home i noticed that behind the drivers door there is a 20 inch long scuff, as well as a 3 two-inch scratches, and two spots on the hood where there are holes all the way down to the metal. i mean...REALLY?!

i know when washed you'll notice scratches you didn't see before...but dam these are rough...

2013 V6 DIB. PP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
looks like someone got mad and toss a tool across the shop lol

2016 Mustang GT 5.0 Magnetic Metallic Performance Package
Interior - Recaro Bucket Seats, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Diode Dynamics LED Visor Mirror Lights, LED Glove Box Light, LED Trunk Light, and LED Map Light
Exterior -Dealer Installed Shelby GT350 Racing Stripes, SunTek Carbon 15% Tint, Diode Dynamics LED Switchback Blinkers, LED Reverse Light
Performance - MBRP Race Series 3" Catback
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012
PONY Member

Thats why I don't go to the dealer ever! Mine came back with curb rash! I had to go out and buy another set. I was going to anyway and leave the stock ones for the winter but I mean come on I could have done without that!

Sorry to hear about it though it really sux

Whipple S/C 550 HO kit, FRPP 3.73 Gears, FRPP springs, Steeda Spyder 20x9 and 20x11, BMR LCAs, BMR ReLo Brackets, Front and Rear CShelby Sway bars, Hurst Billet Shifter, Custom Dyno Tune, MRT O/R H pipe, Borla Stingers

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012
Apprentice

Im assuming your implying this happened at the dealer. If thats the case and your sure it happened while their, Make it known to them, take it back and let them know the car wasnt like that when you dropped it off
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosbor View Post
Im assuming your implying this happened at the dealer. If thats the case and your sure it happened while their, Make it known to them, take it back and let them know the car wasnt like that when you dropped it off
I agree!! Then it becomes a question of will the dealer take responsibility for it. But its worth a try. Best of luck.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

U.S. Navy veteran 1964-1968
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

My car came back from the dealership on two different chronological occasions, with damage to the car.

One of those "damages" was a bird EGG on my spoiler that they allowed to sit there for days. When I saw it, my car was indoors, in the shop being worked on -- and nobody thought to clean the egg off my car!

I made it known to that dealership (Matthews Ford), and they did not do enough to make me a happy customer -- so this weekend, I'm visiting a different dealership for my 30,000 mile checkup.

I hope this new dealership is better -- they sponsor the local Mustang Club, so I really hope I can trust them...

2009 Mustang GT Premium: Grabber Orange with custom black paint | 5 Speed Manual | 3.73 Gears | Custom CarFX Tune | Steeda Cold Air Intake | Steeda Axle Back Exhaust | Push To Start | Hurst Competition Plus Short Shifter | Rear Window Louvers | Window Tint | 8-inch Shorty Antenna | Parnelli Jones Race Number | ELEANOR Style Honeycomb Grille | ELEANOR Style Quarter Window Louvers | ELEANOR Vanity Plate
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012
BOSS Member

Garage
My dealer does a scratch and dent inspection before you sign the service paperwork and you get a copy. If they screw up they will fix it.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012
shellenberger

[QUOTE=titusdrake;3215502]my 2013 went to the dealer today for the 7500 service.

You say "service" like there is a 7500 mile service or did you just take it in to have the oil changed?
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012
PONY Member

Depending on how the dealer parks the finished cars, this could have been done by another customer moving their vehicle. The dealer may have never known.

Life is hard, it's harder if your stupid.
John Wayne
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

[QUOTE=shellenberger;3215661]
Quote:
Originally Posted by titusdrake View Post
my 2013 went to the dealer today for the 7500 service.

You say "service" like there is a 7500 mile service or did you just take it in to have the oil changed?
oil change, tire rotation, brake check etc

2013 V6 DIB. PP
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenv View Post
I agree!! Then it becomes a question of will the dealer take responsibility for it. But its worth a try. Best of luck.
i instantly called and left a message for the service manager, i will be going in tomorrow..though i dont know.how they can fix it

2013 V6 DIB. PP
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Dang, that's a bummer!

2012 Candy Red 3.7 Cyclone {RIP}
2014 3.7 Cyclone DIB\BMR rear lca;s\ American Racing razor 18x9\275/40/18 Yokohama S-drives\Boss 302 strut brace\Airaid "tube"& aFe inverted Dry-S drop-in\UPR catch can\Koni sports\J&M cc plates\DSS 3.5" 1 piece
Bassani\BMR adj. panhard\
SHELBY GT 350 Member

OP, good luck. It is the same junk you can have parking it anywhere, it can even happen in your own garage if you have kids, a wife, or a even bit of your own stupidity.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
OP, good luck. It is the same junk you can have parking it anywhere, it can even happen in your own garage if you have kids, a wife, or a even bit of your own stupidity.
Seriously? You are correct though **** can happen any where. Still doesn't make it right. It happened at the dealer on a visit for service there fault. It would have been another thing if the stealealership would have fessed up and said we made a mistake we will take care of it.

2012 GT Premium, Ingot Silver, Brembo package, 3.73's, Clear Bra, GT500 Axle Backs, tint.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I never said it was right. Yes, it was the dealers fault is there any other obvious things I should have said besides "good luck" :?:

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page