Considering getting a 2013 Mustang GT - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
replica
Guest
 
replica's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoishomer View Post
Interesting. I was prepared for slightly lower reliablity, but didn't really think there would be such a long list of issues
Now that you have a few of the issues listed, start searching around here for further explanation and see if you're comfortable with it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
GT Member
 
heavyD's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,403
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by burke985 View Post
Exactly some people over exaggerate and some don't. I'm sure you will be happy with your purchase if you do so
I take offense to that as I haven't exaggerated at all. You don't see me making threads saying the car is a POS or sticking my nose in every problem thread adding my 2 cents. I've been mature about the situation and feel I would be doing the OP a disservice if I didn't warn him that these cars don't carry anywhere near the reliability he's likely used to in an Acura.

Even the worst cars have a lot on the roads without issues but the bottom line is that there is plenty of evidence to support that there are multiple issues with these cars. I will say that most of them are more annoyances but again I've been driving mostly Japanese cars for the last 15 years and I'm simply not accustomed to having this may issues small or not with a new car. People don't just join internet forums to complain about their cars as I joined this place before I took delivery of my car and there are a lot of people with problems that aren't on these boards discussing just like there are lots of people without issues. The OP only needs to do a search for lower control arms, MT82, engine tick, paint bubbling and there's plenty of information for him to draw his own conclusions as there's TSB's for every issue which is kind of Ford's confirmation of the problems existing.

Like I said in my original post there's also a lot to like about the cars and if you've had Mustangs and domestics before you may be used to the little quirks but people used to driving imports may not be able to overlook the issues as easily. I don't regret my purchase or anything as I still have fun with the car but I feel that I would be doing the OP a disservice by saying the car is perfect and that everything will be fine.

Another thing the OP should know is that the Mustang online community is not very forgiving (compared to the Honda, Subaru, Toyota, Mitsubishi communities I've been involved with) to people that have issues as you are labeled as 'exaggerating' or worse. Something else to keep in mind if you like to be involved in the online community.

heavyD is offline  
GT Member
 
burke985's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Slidell
Posts: 1,412
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
I take offense to that as I haven't exaggerated at all. You don't see me making threads saying the car is a POS or sticking my nose in every problem thread adding my 2 cents. I've been mature about the situation and feel I would be doing the OP a disservice if I didn't warn him that these cars don't carry anywhere near the reliability he's likely used to in an Acura.

Even the worst cars have a lot on the roads without issues but the bottom line is that there is plenty of evidence to support that there are multiple issues with these cars. I will say that most of them are more annoyances but again I've been driving mostly Japanese cars for the last 15 years and I'm simply not accustomed to having this may issues small or not with a new car. People don't just join internet forums to complain about their cars as I joined this place before I took delivery of my car and there are a lot of people with problems that aren't on these boards discussing just like there are lots of people without issues. The OP only needs to do a search for lower control arms, MT82, engine tick, paint bubbling and there's plenty of information for him to draw his own conclusions as there's TSB's for every issue which is kind of Ford's confirmation of the problems existing.

Like I said in my original post there's also a lot to like about the cars and if you've had Mustangs and domestics before you may be used to the little quirks but people used to driving imports may not be able to overlook the issues as easily. I don't regret my purchase or anything as I still have fun with the car but I feel that I would be doing the OP a disservice by saying the car is perfect and that everything will be fine.

Another thing the OP should know is that the Mustang online community is not very forgiving (compared to the Honda, Subaru, Toyota, Mitsubishi communities I've been involved with) to people that have issues as you are labeled as 'exaggerating' or worse. Something else to keep in mind if you like to be involved in the online community.
Apologies if I offended you but as stated in my comment I said some don't so that would include you. I haven't had any problems with my tranny or creaky suspension parts etc.etc. but the shifter and stock shifter bracket are crap I agree with that , more so the bracket that's why I gave him that advice. If I were looking to buy a mustang and I came here first I would be missing out on a great car I was just trying to give the OP some encouragement that he could shop without fear. I realize alot of people on this site have legitimate issues and that is fine but as per capita of cars sold its a small percentage. My wife's brand new Toyota Tacoma with the 4.0 v6 ticks like crazy and it has about 2800 miles on it and next time I'm home from work its going to take a visit to the dealer. A lot of problems people have are self inflicted

Blower and stuff

622 whp and 545 wtq @ 8.5psi
AED Tune = Best mod of all
burke985 is offline  
 
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-29-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
whoishomer's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 10
 
Thanks for all the comments and feedback. It looks like this weekend is my last chance to take advantage of Ford's employee pricing, unless they extend it yet again.

Any thoughts on winter driving here in Alberta heavyD? I was assuming I'd need to keep my RSX for the snow.
whoishomer is offline  
old_goat
Guest
 
old_goat's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoishomer View Post
Thanks for all the comments and feedback. It looks like this weekend is my last chance to take advantage of Ford's employee pricing, unless they extend it yet again.
Go ahead on and jump on in. Even with the issues you've read about here, the car is still the best bang for the buck anywhere.

There will be issues on any car made. I've noticed one guy who posts about the manual transmissions, posts on several websites, ad nauseum. He's upset, but you don't hear from the larger amount of owners who don't have a problem.
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
Pete Grimaldi's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Western MA
Posts: 1,171
           
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
You went on an internet forum asking for problems with the car. This is the place where people complain about their problems. Not exactly the perfect picture of everyday ownership of the vehicle.
Whoishomer,

You are a Ford employee, and asking us for advice? Hmmmm.... I don't work for Ford, but on occasion I have been ridiculed for some common sense thoughts on ownership of a Mustang. I did not purchase this as weekend drag car, or a performance project car. It is a daily driver. I did not buy it to sit it in a garage four months out of the year.The transmission does its job. There is fallout in any production of mechanical parts. There may be design flaws. These are found in many vehicles, including Ferraris.

If you want the car, buy it. The warranty is there, and unless your dealer is clueless as to customer satisfaction ( return customer) , this alone should give you some piece of mind. This forum isn't the only one that has negative posts frequently. Other forums that I check that have nothing to do with cars are similar. Many look for free advice, validation, or revenge, and they aren't talking about cars. This is inherent in Internet forums.

I just read a post on this forum that questions another person's sexual preference because he posted about liking his car, using intelligent expression. When you see this kind of thing, how can you take all of the comments on this forum seriously? Yeah, some legitimately have issues, others complain about things that they have not ever experienced, and many others have modified their vehicles before making their first car payment, and then have issues.

Buy the car, drive the car, and stay away from this forum for a while. Make your own assessment. I did. The car isn't perfect, but I haven't owned any vehicle that has been. Just enjoy it for what it is.

Pete

2014 Shelby GT500:Delivered 4/3/13, Black/Black stripes/Black interior, SVT Track Package, SVT Performance Package, JLT Oil Seperator, FRPP Resonator Delete, Syntha Max blue air filter, Revan Racing shifter bushing, Michelin PSS tires, Lloyd GT500 mats, and yes the stock Shelby seats.
Pete Grimaldi is offline  
PONY Member
 
Watchdogg's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Old Town Alexandria
Posts: 558
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoishomer View Post
So ever since driving a 2011 GT I've been considering picking up a mustang.

I've held off after reading the issues with the MT 82 transmission. Is this still really a concern?

I've also been flip flopping over getting the Brembo kit. For a daily driver, that would probably rarely be tracked, is it worth it? The extra cost replacing 19" tires down the road has me thinking that it may not be worth it.

Also not sure about the 3.73. Does it really hit fuel economy that much?

Anything else I should be aware of moving to a mustang? I've always owned FWD japanese cars. Currently have a 2005 Acura RSX with a supercharger.

Also, any idea on how much room there is to negotiate on price? Right now it looks like about $6k off in Canada with Employee Pricing. The one sales guy said that they could probably go about $500 more then that...I would have thought they'd have more flexability then that?

As far as the problems (which I have had a few) I can tell you the joy this car brings far out weighs service issues IMO. Which BTW all cars have. I can also add I have purchased many new cars, and this my first new Ford purchase. It was the best of all of them. I have an excellent service center and would not hesitate to buy another Mustang or Ford again. Oh and my m82 after 31k miles is perfect! Go test drive one and if you love it and its for you! As far as the price, make the dealership earn your business. Sounds to me like you have Mustang fever...

Current
2016 gt premium, ingot silver, performance package, navigation

Previous
2012 gt premium, brembos, 3.73, 6mt, kona blue

2015 Ecoboost PP black on black 401A, security, enhanced backup

Watchdogg is offline  
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-29-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
whoishomer's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 10
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grimaldi View Post
Whoishomer,

You are a Ford employee, and asking us for advice?

Pete
No, in Canada the current promotion is just called 'Ford Employee Pricing'

Thanks for the advice
whoishomer is offline  
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
Pete Grimaldi's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Western MA
Posts: 1,171
           
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoishomer View Post
No, in Canada the current promotion is just called 'Ford Employee Pricing'

Thanks for the advice
Ah, Now I understand.

Pete

2014 Shelby GT500:Delivered 4/3/13, Black/Black stripes/Black interior, SVT Track Package, SVT Performance Package, JLT Oil Seperator, FRPP Resonator Delete, Syntha Max blue air filter, Revan Racing shifter bushing, Michelin PSS tires, Lloyd GT500 mats, and yes the stock Shelby seats.
Pete Grimaldi is offline  
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
mcesarey's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Panama City
Posts: 303
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsadams87xx View Post
Funny because I was the opposite. I felt a lot more planted with the Brembo car vs a standard GT. Buuuuuuuut yeah, my suspention is going to eventually be scrapped. :hihi:
I could see this being from the tires.

2013 Race Red GT/CS 6MT; Elec Pkg; RAAMat on the doors; Morel Tempo 5x7 coaxials; GT500 axle-backs painted black
mcesarey is offline  
Rookie
 
98MustangGeeTee's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: south gibson
Posts: 27
 
so did you buy the car?
98MustangGeeTee is offline  
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
whoishomer's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 10
 
I actually did finnally go ahead and get this!
I pick it up on Wednesday.
Went for something a little different, and got it in Gotta Have It Green.
whoishomer is offline  
Apprentice
5.0L Member
 
dsargent09's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Pasadena
Posts: 151
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoishomer View Post
I actually did finnally go ahead and get this!
I pick it up on Wednesday.
Went for something a little different, and got it in Gotta Have It Green.
What options and so forth. Also I have had a 2012 gt with 3.31 gears and now have a 2013 gt with 3.73s. I had no problems with either car.

Unless you count me bending the lug wrench while reapplying the wheels on the 2012 after I plasti dipped them. They replaced this under warranty lol.




2013 Performance White Mustang GT 5.0 MT, 3.73s Id1000 Injectors, BAP, Paxton 2200 SL, Barton Short throw shiter + bracket, On3 o/r x pipe
(Sold)2012 Race Red Mustang GT 5.0 MT
dsargent09 is offline  
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
whoishomer's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 10
 
I didn't go with the brembo package, but got all the other bells and whistles
3.73
Electronics package
Navi
Rear View Camera
Rear Sensing System
19" wheels
Shaker Pro.

Don't have any pictures yet, but here is one from the dealer.
whoishomer is offline  
Rookie
 
DocJim's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 28
 
2013 Mustang GT is one of the nicest vehicles I have owned. Comfortable and on par with my previous Benz, BMW and Audi. Tons of power at a far lower price point than those 3. I can drive long distances without the annoynace of the noise and low seating of my previous 04 Corvette.
I drove a C63 and GT back to back. For the 35K difference I bought the GT. Hands down Ford is really stepping up to the plate.


2013 Mustang GT - Race Red 20" Black DUB Wheels and Pirelli PZero Tires, Hood Vents, 5.0, Spoiler are Black, GT500 Axle Back Exhaust
2010 Chevy Silverado - Victory Red
2008 Audi A4 S-Line - Silver
DocJim is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1