New Street Scene Chin Spoiler Came in for my 2013 GT! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

All I can say is DAMN....

You really made my decision to go with the factory paint. It looks really good Could you elaborate how did you paint it? In my current 07 Mustang i spray painted the splitters but as soon as a small rock hits it it will get chipped easily. So I was thinking to plasti dip the 13' Mustang splitters when I get them for more durable paint.

13' Mustang GT 5.0L Grabber Blue 401a, 6spd manual, Brembo brake pkg with Boss radiator, engine oil cooler, Torsen differential & 3.73 gears. Back up camera with Navigation.
Mods - Flowmaster Outlaw, Roush front, side, rear splitter. Roush hood scoop + quarter window louvers, Barton 2 piece shifter bracket
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks for the compliments everyone! I decided to do it in blue because the front wouldn't really match the side skirts and I like things to flow. I thought the front had enough black so I figured this would look good and I'm glad I went this route. I think it ties the front end together nicely

As for painting it, I did the traditional primer, base coat, clear coat painting method. Had my father spray the base and clear it since he's got a paint booth at the house

2013 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue 12.28 @ 116.29mph
Track Pack | Recaros | Bama | Steeda | Ford Racing | JBA | Eibach | J&M | 3dCarbon | Barton | Street Scene | RVinyl | Velgen | Roush | MMD | Trufiber
Sold - 2010 GT Premium - 308whp 320wtq - 12.92 @ 105.62mph
Youtube - PerformanceFanatic - Check out my 2013 Mustang Videos!
PONY Member

Damn, that looks killer! The list of things I wanna do to my car just keeps growing!

post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

THanks!

Updated first post with video of it painted and installed!

Track Pack | Recaros | Bama | Steeda | Ford Racing | JBA | Eibach | J&M | 3dCarbon | Barton | Street Scene | RVinyl | Velgen | Roush | MMD | Trufiber
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

actually just saw you can't edit so here's the video

2013 Ford Mustang GT Street Scene Generation 2 Chin Spoiler Installed! - YouTube

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

If it came from the factory looking like that, you wouldn't have one that looks more unique than your '13 brethren. This thread shows the difference in opinion various owners have re: "the look". I think you made great choices, both product and color and your video is informative and well done!

2014 Race Red Base Model-3.7L, MT82, Tech Package, 18" Black Factory Wheels, AirRaid CAI
PONY Member

Frakin sexy!!!!!!

12' RR GT | FORD RACING | JBA | CERVINI | ROUSH | KONI | H&R | 3DCARBON | C&L | AMRs | BREMBO | CDC
PONY Member

Just saw the vid. U should find a DIB skeleton grill pony or paint the original one DIB!

12' RR GT | FORD RACING | JBA | CERVINI | ROUSH | KONI | H&R | 3DCARBON | C&L | AMRs | BREMBO | CDC
Apprentice

Looks good, makes the front look mean. Beware of those curbs.

2013 GT Deep Impact Blue
6MT | Track Pack | Recaros | Steeda Sport Springs | Steeda Adj PB | Borla S-Type | Boss Side Exhaust | SVE Drift's | Roush Upper&Lower Grille | Steeda CAI | Accufab TB | Bama Tuned | Starkey Lower Fogs | Steeda STB | MGW Shifter
post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang No.6 View Post
If it came from the factory looking like that, you wouldn't have one that looks more unique than your '13 brethren. This thread shows the difference in opinion various owners have re: "the look". I think you made great choices, both product and color and your video is informative and well done!
Thanks I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vSPARXv View Post
Frakin sexy!!!!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vSPARXv View Post
Just saw the vid. U should find a DIB skeleton grill pony or paint the original one DIB!
I may do that. But I will be changing grills though eventually so we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksmb View Post
Looks good, makes the front look mean. Beware of those curbs.
Thanks! Yeah definitely gotta be careful now lol.

Apprentice

Saw all your videos on Youtube and they are very helpful and I enjoy your reviews/input. Thanks

2011 GT
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

You might consider curb/object sensors, I don't know much about them, but I think it's kind of like the rear "back up" sensors. My biggest concern with a aftermarket spoiler is the awful transitions for the entries to parking lots, etc from the streets/roads. Some are difficult w/o the larger spoiler and if you lower your vehicle at all it will almost be impossible. Stupid road engineers, don't they know that Mustangs have to be lowered and equipped with awesome spoilers?

2014 Race Red Base Model-3.7L, MT82, Tech Package, 18" Black Factory Wheels, AirRaid CAI
post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaero066 View Post
Saw all your videos on Youtube and they are very helpful and I enjoy your reviews/input. Thanks
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang No.6 View Post
You might consider curb/object sensors, I don't know much about them, but I think it's kind of like the rear "back up" sensors. My biggest concern with a aftermarket spoiler is the awful transitions for the entries to parking lots, etc from the streets/roads. Some are difficult w/o the larger spoiler and if you lower your vehicle at all it will almost be impossible. Stupid road engineers, don't they know that Mustangs have to be lowered and equipped with awesome spoilers?
Yeah I might look into it. It's not too bad though I've noticed. I can still go over speed bumps fine and get in and out of my driveway fine. It's not super low and doesn't stick out a ton.

GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

The front end of your car looks very nice with it painted. I would have painted it just like you did... i think it would look weird with yur painted rockers and rear fasica if you just had the front black.

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs
PONY Member

Can you post a side profile pic? Just curious to see how far it jutts out

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page