MT82 fail when compared!!! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012
Waresostu

MT82 fail when compared!!!

My brother just bought a Mazda CX5. When comparing the shifter to the CX5, it is a big fail??? The Cx5 shifter is so so smooooth. Like a baby's butt. The Mt82 is a much shorter shifter but it's not creamy like the CX5. It must be because the MT82 is made in China.

Any aftermarket shifter like that?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Trollllllololololololol

2015 Gt with perf pack/Guard Green/MBRP race exhaust/Steeda shifter bracket/ ....... more to come

Originally Posted by cudaman ........
Let's hope you don't have the same problem with your zipper and your fueling rod, should you run into another female in a Camaro that needs genetic gas.
post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012
Banned

I knew there was a reason I kept farting...

post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012
replica

post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012
Banned
4.6L Member

uhh, it's a Getrag/German design, it's only assembled in China, that would have nothing to do with the performance of it anymore than a BMW made in North Carolina is different than one made in Germany...
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012
Banned

That's an apples and oranges comparison. You can't compare the tranny from a weak V6 to a strong V8. The coyote would eat the CX5 tranny for lunch and then spit it out while the MT82 wouldn't even know there was a CX5 attached to it.
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012
PONY Member

Maybe so..but at the end of the day when you pull into your driveway you still have turn around and see a Mazda. Thats scary.

2012 GT Premium, 6spd, 3.73 rear, Steeda shift bracket, GT500 ABs, tint, matte black OTT stripe, Boss shift knob and boot, MMD taillight trim, Infinity speaker upgrade
Previous Mustangs: 91 Lx 5.0 404 rwhp, 93 notch, 98 GTvert slow as hell,99 Gt, 2000 GT, 2001 GT, all manuals and all will be missed, mainly the 91 she was sweet.
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012
replica

Waresostu seems to have a thing for trannies.
post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012
PONY Member

I don't even have a 2011+ but I need to ask why anyone even humors this guy. Look at his threads/posts.

2007 GT - vista blue/black leather/auto/3.73 gears/CnL Racer CAI, SLP Powerflo axelbacks, tuned by Bama!
Waresostu

Quote:
Originally Posted by replica View Post
Waresostu seems to have a thing for trannies.

That's what all the trolls in this forums want to talk about. Mt82 issues are a hot topic yoooo. Let's all join in the fun.
Apprentice

Even though the v8 is pushing 412+ horses, it shouldn't be scrapping metal and clunking around whenever I am light/medium to regular shifting. It seems the only time it feels right is balls to the wall shifting (which it is made for lol) but even then under all that engine noise I maybe dont hear the clunkiness? I don't want to have to get a reckless driving ticket like that other poster whenever I am shifting.
I'm sure the cop would appreciate the excuse.

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 Ingot Silver MT-6
PONY Member

Maybe because the Mazda is a turd in comparison? Put that tranny in the mustang and it will blow up. Easy to make a smooth manual when its for a sub 200hp/ftlbs car. A lot harder to fit a manual in a production car that's over 400 HP.

Build2 2011 Kona Blue GT. Premium, Brembo Package, 3.73, Glass Roof.
PONY Member

Waresostu is probably the biggest troll I've ever seen ever.

He's 52 years old and I imagine him looking a lot like the leprechaun from those old Leprechaun movies.

Can someone post a link of the Leprechaun for those that don't know what I'm talking about ?

Thanks

2013 Sterling Gray Mustang GT- ( Bone Stock)

2009 Silver WRX- ( traded for 13' GT)
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsadams87xx View Post
I knew there was a reason I kept farting...
And your the first one to post up when you see a mt82 thread.

2013 TRACK PACK
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Manystangs View Post
uhh, it's a Getrag/German design, it's only assembled in China, that would have nothing to do with the performance of it anymore than a BMW made in North Carolina is different than one made in Germany...
Andre, .... Do you know anything???... The quality of the assembly of a transmission has just as much to do with it reliability and performance as the quality of its parts.... Did you not know this??.. I mean seriously ??

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page