Candy Red and Grey? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Candy Red and Grey?

Hey, so my cars almost here few more weeks to go. I was thinking to be a bit different than all the other mustang owners that live near me and go grey stripes (havent decided on dark or light grey). Dont really want to do a red/black color combo, everyone does it here. I was wondering what you guys thought? Im probably going to do an offset stripe but thick not skinny like the European cars. Im hoping somewhere, someone has a grey stripe on their candy red, as ive searched for hours on google with no luck -.-

Also does anyone know FRPP makes a CAI for the v6, i cant find it on any suppliers website?

Thanks, any insight/pictures/advice would be appreciated

2013 V6, Candy Red, Auto, Base
FRPP Sport Axle Back, FRPP X-Pipe MMD side Louvers, Roush CAI, Brembo Brakes, H&R SS springs 1.7/2.1" - SOLD

2015 GT black premium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Go to Ford On the lower right hand corner there is a Mustang Customizer, the Red Candy is pretty close to the actual color so just build the car and add gray stripes. They don't have the offset 1's but you will get the picture.
I was actually thinking of doing the opposite, Red Candy on my SGM.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012
Apprentice
5.0L Member

I kind of had the same thought, but I was also thinking about chrome stripes...I don't think black would pop...

2012 Candy red GT convertible premium, MT82, comfort package. Black int/black roof.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012
Apprentice

One vote for the grey stripes here. I really like that colour combo. There's a Sterling Grey GT with red stripes in my area that I think looks really good.

2013 Sterling Grey GT - Recaros, Track Pack: AST4150 coilovers | Vorshlag camber plates | Steeda CAI | Roush AB | BBK X-Pipe
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012
PONY Member

I entertained a while back dark grey stripes on torch red. I figured the grey would match the rims. Since then I've kinda rethought getting stripes though.

2010 Torch Red GT Premium. 5speed, 19", security package, HID's, comfort package, 3.73, American Thunder Flowmasters.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

I had hood spears and 302 chevrons painted in Sterling Gray. Great color combo

B

2011 GT Preminum, Red Candy Metallic, 4.10, Electronics, Rear View, Comfort, Security, Borla, 20" Saleen, FRPP springs, CS front valance w/fogs, Roush billet grille, Roush TVS 625hp, Kooks LT's and Catted H Pipe, Tremec Magumn XL, McLeod RXT, AutoMeter Gauges, Dynotech DS, Steeda adjustable UCA, Steeda adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCA's, Steeda A/O Separator, Tokico D-Specs, Raptor Shift Light, engine by Shrader Performance, Tune by ProDyno, 643rwhp, 548lb/ft tq
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012
PONY Member

If you are getting the performance package, the grey stripes will match the rims.

I too was all set to get some stripes (obscure Johnny Cash reference...lol), but I'm rethinking it now, and probably won't do it.

I do like the hood spears, and am thinking about going with them instead. Red Candy, GHIG, and Grabber Blue are the three colors that I think need a little something to break up those strong solid colors.

Tim

Mustang base coupe, V6, manual transmission, Red Candy tint, performance package.

Upgrades: DSS aluminum driveshaft, BMR LCA's, Yukon 3.73 gears, MGW shifter.

Displaying 3.7 fender badges is like telling everyone your wife is "office hot."

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012
Rookie

If my car ever shows up we are going to get some ghost stripes painted on.

-2013 gt premium, Black, leather, 401A, 6 speed, track package, electronics package, navigation, comfort package
-1969 mach 1, 427 side oiler, auto, 4:11 gears, detroit locker
- 1989 lx race car wanna be
- 2000 superduty 3/4 ton 4x4, powerstroke
- 1996 dodge ram 2500 4x4, cummins
- to many engines and parts scattered all over (yeah.... I got issues):kooky:
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks for all the replies. I kind of think I should get the stripe colour chosen before thinking about what colour my rims should be. Also what do you think about the stripe going over the spoiler? I plan on getting a gt500 spoiler before the new year.
I was also kind of thinking getting a faded horse on the side as striping probably if I don't get the stripe only, but if I get hood spears (which are growing on me the more I hear about them)

2013 V6, Candy Red, Auto, Base
FRPP Sport Axle Back, FRPP X-Pipe MMD side Louvers, Roush CAI, Brembo Brakes, H&R SS springs 1.7/2.1" - SOLD

2015 GT black premium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page