Ford Mustang Forum banner

WEIRD problem with LCD on my 2013! GT/P

12K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  GLOCKer 
#1 ·
Hey -

So I went to get in the car today after just shutting it off at the car wash. I was going to move it further into the stall but when I turned the key on the LCD looked like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qzqLge0xXs&feature=plcp

I shut the car down and was going to unhook the battery and reset the car but then when I went to turn it back on a few minutes later it was "fixed." Strange stuff indeed. Anyone else have this issue with their 2013 LCDs?

#3 ·
Those automatic car washes are evil; your car is now possessed.

I really can't help you as I drive a 2009 with ancient analog gauges. The seat of my pants is my track pack.

When is a door not a door?
When it is a jar. :heha:

Did you read the manual?

#4 ·
Wow did it ever start working correctly ? That's sure strange. And I thought all the strange things happen to me :nono: I know everyone will say don't worry you've got a warranty but its still a bummer when things worry us about our baby's :bigthumbsup

#6 ·
yeah it went back to normal after a few minutes without the key in.

Anyway it wasn't an automatic car wash! I have too much love for my baby to do something like that. I might drive her like I mean it, but when it comes to keeping her nice looking I don't mess around -- keep a cleaning kit in the trunk so I can go wash it whenever I feel like (at a manual car wash!)

#8 ·
Same thing happened to my car lasted about 20 minutes, as I was driving to my Local ford to see what was going on it started working again.

This was about 2 months ago, haven't had a problem since.

#9 ·
It looks to me like something a computer does when a keyboard key is stuck or a cat is sleeping on it.

When that happens to me if I don't see a cat I push every key with my palm back and forth and then turn it over and shake it out.

Try pushing every button; turning the car over and shaking it out may be a problem.

#11 ·
I think the track app screen has many bugs that need to be worked out.

I have 2 issues with mine.

1) when I put the gear in reverse and when the back up camera on/off screen comes on, sometimes the screen would stay there after I take the gear out of reverse and I would have to manually change the screen.

2) AFR still not reading properly.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

#13 ·
1) when I put the gear in reverse and when the back up camera on/off screen comes on, sometimes the screen would stay there after I take the gear out of reverse and I would have to manually change the screen.
Mine does the same thing sometimes. Ill be miles down the road with the on/off reverse sensor option still on the screen. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#12 ·
The same thing happened to me back in September and if fixed itself after sitting for about 30 minutes.

Now it happened again this morning on my way to work. I let it sit for about 45 minutes and went down and checked on it. Now it is working again.

I have about 5300 miles on my mustang.

#14 ·
Anyone else have this issue with their 2013 LCDs?
Oddly enough, this happened once, when my car was finished with a wash. I drove it home and shut her off; everything was fine the following start-up. :cheers

#15 ·
Also has happened to me once with the 4.3" LCD about 3 months ago. I tried the time tested Microsoft fix of restarting a couple of times but that didn't fix it. It must have reset itself overnight cause it was back to normal the next day. Hasn't happened again....yet.

The scary thing about all these little computer glitches is what happens when a major computer system like the accelerator gets one of these malfunctions???

#16 ·
#17 ·
It happened again to me this morning on the way to work. I let it sit for an hour and went back and checked and it is OK again. 33704.6 miles

Has anybody determined what is causing this to happen?

#25 ·
When I start to regret not splurging on a car with more features, stuff like this makes me happy I choose the car I did. I wanted as few options as I possibly could get. Luckily is sounds like your problem resolved itself. And I'm sure if something happened a little worse it could be fixed or replaced.

But when I bought my car, I was thinking, "What about 20 to 30 years from now? Do I want to be dealing with trying to track down some piece of out-of-date tech to make my car whole again?"

So I went WAY out of date and got no tech! :grin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.