Setting SYNC to default to Bluetooth audio? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Setting SYNC to default to Bluetooth audio?

Just picked up my 2013 GT yesterday and every time I want to stream music over Bluetooth, I have to switch it from Line In to Bluetooth. Is there a way to set the default to Bluetooth?

2013 Sterling Grey GT - Recaros, Track Pack: AST4150 coilovers | Vorshlag camber plates | Steeda CAI | Roush AB | BBK X-Pipe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012
Rookie

Sadly, no....not yet at least. Do a quick google search and you will several hundred posts all over the net on different Ford forums with this same request/issue. Hopefully it is updated in later versions of Sync!

post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-20-2012
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2012 View Post
Hopefully it is updated in later versions of Sync!
I wouldn't hold your breath on this. Ford rarely updates Sync, and once the next model year comes out you can forget about seeing any updates. I've had my Mustang since the end of June 2011 and there have been 0 updates released since I picked my car up from the dealer.

It really doesn't make any sense to me. I doubt that there are hardly any (perhaps no) differences between the Sync hardware in a 2011 and a 2012 Mustang, yet they are not running the same version of the Sync software. I'm sure someone from the Ford IVT team who lurks on this forum will chime in and "claim" that there are updates forthcoming. Actions speak louder than words, boys.

2012 Kona Blue V6 Premium MCA, stone interior, AT, electronics package, rear camera, reverse sensing & security, HID, 3.31

Ordered: 4/11/2011 | VIN: 5/26 | Window sticker: 6/7 | Build date: 6/13 | ETA: 1st-6/24 2nd-6/29 | Arrived at dealer: 6/24 | Took delivery: 6/27

Mods: BAMA 87P Tune, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Street Axle-backs, GT500 Diffuser, Shelby Kicker Sub, Painted Mirror Covers, Adjustable Headrests

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-20-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Oh well. At least that's my only gripe about the car so far. Everything else is great!

2013 Sterling Grey GT - Recaros, Track Pack: AST4150 coilovers | Vorshlag camber plates | Steeda CAI | Roush AB | BBK X-Pipe
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013
PONY Member

Bumping an old thread. This annoys me so much, why can't ford just fix the damn software to default to the last used input?! Having to do the same selection in the media menu ever time gets old fast.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013
PONY Member

Not sure if it's Ford or Microsoft here.

I can barely get any sound using the bluetooth option even with the volume all the way up. And since you can't control Sirius using voice commands, it's pretty useless to me. Haven't tried the USB yet.

In general the whole system rates about a C for me.

2014 GHIG GT Premium - Track Pack, Comfort Pack, Rear Camera, GT500 mufflers, Boss 302 Grille with stock fogs.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I get annoyed when my Sync automatically switches to Bluetooth audio. I never use the phone for music playback.. It sounds horrible. Just because it detects a new device it shouldn't automatically switch all functionality to it, though you could just as easily say switching to it makes sense.

in any case I agree, last used should be the default.

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium ∙ MCA (203A)
Ingot Silver ∙ Charcoal Black ∙ Auto
HIDs ∙ Security ∙ Comfort Package ∙ Remote Start
Koni STR.T shocks/struts ∙ Roush DUB springs
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013
PONY Member

Mine automatically defaults to sync line in, there doesn't seem to be any consisteny from one person to the next with what sync chooses to default to lol some people have the problem that I want, default to Bluetooth audio, others either default to fm or line in
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Sync is one of the weaker features of the car...and yes, it would be nice if I could make it work without running through all sorts of menu commands...

Even line-in is kind of a pain...which is why I use Bluetooth.

And yes, there should be a way to update the software, but it would likely be a support nightmare.

2012 Candy red GT convertible premium, MT82, comfort package. Black int/black roof.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonkeyKong View Post
Mine automatically defaults to sync line in, there doesn't seem to be any consisteny from one person to the next with what sync chooses to default to lol some people have the problem that I want, default to Bluetooth audio, others either default to fm or line in
Mine defaults to line in, 100% of the time. It's a minor pain to have to switch it every time, but still a pain. I'd also give Sync a C.

'14 V6 Prem. 6 speed Perf. Pkg. Oxford White/Saddle
Mods in profile
Official Ford Rep

Hey, everyone -

In regards to the system defaulting to Bluetooth audio and/or the last source used, I've passed your feedback along to engineering and hopefully this will change with a future update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcottrell6 View Post
Not sure if it's Ford or Microsoft here.

I can barely get any sound using the bluetooth option even with the volume all the way up. And since you can't control Sirius using voice commands, it's pretty useless to me. Haven't tried the USB yet.

In general the whole system rates about a C for me.
Hi, dcottrell6 -

Have you tried turning the volume up on the phone or media device you're using? If not, I recommend giving that a try.

Jaclyn

FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoitNarf View Post
I wouldn't hold your breath on this. Ford rarely updates Sync, and once the next model year comes out you can forget about seeing any updates. I've had my Mustang since the end of June 2011 and there have been 0 updates released since I picked my car up from the dealer.

It really doesn't make any sense to me. I doubt that there are hardly any (perhaps no) differences between the Sync hardware in a 2011 and a 2012 Mustang, yet they are not running the same version of the Sync software. I'm sure someone from the Ford IVT team who lurks on this forum will chime in and "claim" that there are updates forthcoming. Actions speak louder than words, boys.
This is an old post, but I think there was an update done in late 2012. I installed it on my wife's Escape with the DIY USB method. Actually pretty easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hey, everyone -

In regards to the system defaulting to Bluetooth audio and/or the last source used, I've passed your feedback along to engineering and hopefully this will change with a future update.
AWESOME!!

2014 GT Premium (400a) - Deep Impact Blue - GT Track Package - Recaro Seats - Sensing/Security Package
glock22357

Alright....here's another thought.

My Galaxy S3 came with a cord that hooks the phone up to a USB port.

I'm thinking that if I use this cord to plug the phone into the USB port, that simply hitting AUX will automatically have the car playing the music on my phone, as if I had a flash-drive plugged into the USB port.

Or, to make things easier, I'll probably just re-load my music onto a flash-drive I have lying about.

Hell, I'm bored, gonna do that right now.
Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Aux won't default to USB

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock22357 View Post

I'm thinking that if I use this cord to plug the phone into the USB port, that simply hitting AUX will automatically have the car playing the music on my phone, as if I had a flash-drive plugged into the USB port.
I'm sorry to say that this won't work. I use both a Galaxy S3 and an iPhone 4 with my car. The iPhone is connected via the USB and the Galaxy S3 integrates using bluetooth. I *must* hit the media button, which defaults to "Line" (which has nothing connected and, interestingly, does not actually integrate with SYNC). I then must either select USB for the iPhone or Bluetooth for the S3. USB is the only port that really integrates with SYNC. Bluetooth supports volume and track skipping. Line in supports audio only.
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by glock22357 View Post

Or, to make things easier, I'll probably just re-load my music onto a flash-drive I have lying about.

Hell, I'm bored, gonna do that right now.
This won't work because the S3 uses the Media Transfer Protocol for USB connectivity and Sync doesn't support it. There's a way around it but you have to root your phone. Then you can use an app like the one below to enable USB Mass Storage mode. Oh, and your SD card has to be formatted as FAT32.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eenabler&hl=en

Relayed by my pigs in space!

Arrest Me Red 2011 GT Premium
Six-pot Brembo upgrade; GT500 rear brake upgrade; Whiteline adjustable front and rear sway bars; Whiteline adjustable panhard bar; BMR rear LCAs and relocation brackets; Eibach Pro springs; Koni STR.T struts and shocks; Eibach cam bolts; Legato axle-backs; Forgestar Matte Black CF5s - 19x9/19x11; Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page