Kona versus Deep Impact Blue - Page 6 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: Which color is better?
Kona Blue 118 46.46%
Deep Impact Blue 121 47.64%
They look the same to me 15 5.91%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCE EATR View Post
Gotta disagree with the "13s look like a retarded GT500" statement. It is closer in style to the gt500 yes, but still looks great when done right. I had a pretty good looking 10-12 body style and my 13 looks much better.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
When done right, alot of cars look good. I'm talking about a stock '13 gt, that looks like its trying be a Shelby.
When I bought mine(august), it was such an easy choice to go w/ a '12 kona brembo. I bet the kona has a higher resale value, too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

notaV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghipera View Post
When done right, alot of cars look good. I'm talking about a stock '13 gt, that looks like its trying be a Shelby.
When I bought mine(august), it was such an easy choice to go w/ a '12 kona brembo. I bet the kona has a higher resale value, too.
:laughlitt keep dreamin pal

Apprentice

I highly doubt a kona 2012 would have a higher resale value than a dib 2013 with all the new features for 2013...

2013 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue 12.28 @ 116.29mph
Track Pack | Recaros | Bama | Steeda | Ford Racing | JBA | Eibach | J&M | 3dCarbon | Barton | Street Scene | RVinyl | Velgen | Roush | MMD | Trufiber
Sold - 2010 GT Premium - 308whp 320wtq - 12.92 @ 105.62mph
Youtube - PerformanceFanatic - Check out my 2013 Mustang Videos!

PONY Member

Quote:
I highly doubt a kona 2012 would have a higher resale value than a dib 2013 with all the new features for 2013...

Track apps....?

Build2 2011 Kona Blue GT. Premium, Brembo Package, 3.73, Glass Roof.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsandman View Post
Track apps....?
Track apps, new headlights, new taillights, new options, new front end, new hood, slight increase in power, newer model year, etc...

2013 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue 12.28 @ 116.29mph
Track Pack | Recaros | Bama | Steeda | Ford Racing | JBA | Eibach | J&M | 3dCarbon | Barton | Street Scene | RVinyl | Velgen | Roush | MMD | Trufiber
Sold - 2010 GT Premium - 308whp 320wtq - 12.92 @ 105.62mph
Youtube - PerformanceFanatic - Check out my 2013 Mustang Videos!
Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Both are nice but I like the DIB a little better, it reminds of Sonic Blue on the '03-'04 Cobras.
PONY Member

DIB FTW!

This is my buddies car. I like DIB as it doesnt look purplish like KBM looks on a cloudy day.

2012 Boss Laguna Seca #290 and 2015 PP Ecoboost (Daily Driver )
Previous: 2011 GT, 2000 Camaro SS, 93 Lightning
Rookie

I have Kona Blue so I admit I am biased...I do like the DIB but I think Kona is deeper and looks better
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0717.JPG
Views:	690
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	208474   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0723.JPG
Views:	3463
Size:	860.1 KB
ID:	208482  

2011 GT Conv, Kona Blue
Borla Touring Axle Back
GT/CS Rear Spoiler
HIDs
PONY Member

IMO, i like the Deep impact only because its not so dark... if i wanted a dark car, would have gone black

I do love the kona blue as well, but i 100% prefer the DIB.

I would deffinatly not say one is better than the other... its just what YOU prefer.

2013 Canadian Mustang GT "Budget Boss" Deep Impact Blue (Borla Atak Axleback)
1979 International Scout II

"The Time is Now, Adapt and Destroy!"
PONY Member

Quote:
Track apps, new headlights, new taillights, new options, new front end, new hood, slight increase in power, newer model year, etc...

Those aren't really "features".. the cosmetic stuff (lights, hood..etc) can also push someone to get a 2011-12.. it is a matter of taste. I honestly don't like the new hood, lights, and front end. It looks great on a black CS.. but is too "bubbly" to me (taste/opinion).

The increase in ponies is advertising.

The track apps, however... are compelling.. but I'm guessing its fun at first then never gets used (like my color).

I like both blues. I also like the blue Dodge is using on the Challengers... but I like how Ford is being generous with the metal flake. Pictures just dont capture the depth in these colors!

Build2 2011 Kona Blue GT. Premium, Brembo Package, 3.73, Glass Roof.
rwp
Apprentice

As a recent buyer of a 2012 Kona Blue V6 PP, I'm a bit perplexed about the depth of this discussion. I bought the KB color because I liked it better than white, black, red, etc. not because I preferred it to DIB, which was not a color choice. It's perfectly reasonable to like the color we bought. I actually liked the gray as well but now that I have put my money on the line, it's the best color by far! 8 )

Although I think I'm as car crazy as most on this board, and I look at other cars (including Mustangs) constantly, I'm planning on enjoying mine for a year or two before I start looking at a change.

Both are great colors if you like metallic blue.

Bill in Atlanta
65 year old kid
2012 V6 manual, Kona blue, stone, w Perf Pack
1999 Miata
2004 Mini Cooper S
1980 BMW 320i
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK50 View Post
DIB FTW!

This is my buddies car. I like DIB as it doesnt look purplish like KBM looks on a cloudy day.

What wheels are these and what is he lowered on?

2011 Premium Red Candy Mustang GT ( Delivered 5/24/10 )
Apprentice

I obviously like the DIB. Can't wait for mine to come in I seem one that looked like on is going to look like the other day and it was real cloudy I just drooled and said holy sh.. that looks amazing. Plus it almost looked as if it had a purpleish tint to it idk maybe I'm just crazy...

2014 Deep Impact Blue 5.0 Base
MT82|Brembo Brakes|All Weather Floor Mats|JLT CatchCan|3.31s|20% Window Tint|Borla S Type

Ordered 2-11-13|VIN 3-15-13|Built 4-3-13|Window Sticker 4-5-13 Estimated Date Of Arrival 4-13-13|Delivered 4-11-13
Apprentice

OK, my 2 cents.

I really like the understated looks of a '12 in KBM. Not flashy, not flamboyant, just solid and conservative...with a bit of badass.

The '13 in DIB IS a little too flamboyant. When I first brought the car home, I asked myself "What one word best describes its appearance?" The word was "fabulous". Well, that wasn't the word I wanted.

The 13's bulgy GT500 looks are overstated as well; especially on a V6. Looks mean alright; but, c'mon. It's just a V6.

So I prefer the looks of a '12 in KBM to what I've got. But that's alright; I don't need perfect. The car has enough going for it that I can overlook a flaw or two.

'13 V6 Premium Coupe, Deep Impact Blue w/pony pkg & MT82 - bone stock

I drive it like I own it.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsandman View Post
Those aren't really "features".. the cosmetic stuff (lights, hood..etc) can also push someone to get a 2011-12.. it is a matter of taste. I honestly don't like the new hood, lights, and front end. It looks great on a black CS.. but is too "bubbly" to me (taste/opinion).

The increase in ponies is advertising.

The track apps, however... are compelling.. but I'm guessing its fun at first then never gets used (like my color).

I like both blues. I also like the blue Dodge is using on the Challengers... but I like how Ford is being generous with the metal flake. Pictures just dont capture the depth in these colors!
Couldn't agree more. I think the only real upgrade on the 13s are the optional Recaros, but I wouldn't trade my heated seats for these. Maybe they'll do some heated Recaros seats on the 2015s...
As for the color, I prefer the Kona blue.

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page