Kona versus Deep Impact Blue - Page 7 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: Which color is better?
Kona Blue 118 46.46%
Deep Impact Blue 121 47.64%
They look the same to me 15 5.91%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

DIB FTW...that's the color I'm going for on the 2015

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

I love them both, maybe the kona a tad better, but I NEEDED a black stang',

As for front end I always prefered the GT 500 look and found it super aggressive looking and was thrilled when the 13s' came out with the similar look. I also thought that's why Ford put that front end treatment on the 500 because it was the baddest-ass look they could get. Just my .02.

1993 Reef Blue Notch 5.0, flowmaster three chamber cat backs, K+N air, 3.73, cobra clutch, 158k and still kicking. 2014 Mustang GT prem., Black, Brembo, manual, 3.73 gear, fog-light tint, new GT floormats, led license plate bulbs, Jlt oil separator, K&N drop-in air filter, SickSpeed black shifter knob with red shift pattern, GT 500 axle backs, locking gas cap, painted MMD quarter window covers, Roush chin splitter, red Lethal Performance windshield banner, SHR black fuel door.

Last edited by 93TealNotch; 09-13-2013 at 02:54 PM. Reason: minor changes
PONY Member

Yo Slory, where you at?

Apprentice

I love the color blue, and really wish I could have gotten my 13 in kona blue. Instead I went with black over deep impact. It has to much purple in it for my tastes.

2013 GT black M/T, 3DCarbon GT500 spoiler, Barton short throw shifter, Barton two post bracket, 18x8 charcoal AMR wheels.
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Kona is the pretties color when i saw it i everything else was just ok

Preacherman
PONY Member

I think all of you have the "Blues".

I wanted Kona blue (saw to many videos of Evolutions Car) but settled for Performance White as it was a Base Brembo with 3:73's and was on the lot when I was ready to buy.

However I also like the DIB if I was to pick up a 13-14 it would be a toss up between DIB or Cherry Red.

If I had to buy another 11-12 I think i would try and find a Lava Red as that will likely be the rarest Color and has a unique look of being black from a distance and at night. it has a nice metalic to if i recall up close. It looks like a dark red with a black pearl.

2014 Mustang GT MT/3:73 Gears/Brembo Brake Package
Rookie

Hmm. I have a DIB 13 but would be fine with either, although I can see the difference readily enough. I would have been fine with any color frankly other than the white-silver-black monochrome "spectrum" The blue was just what they had at a good price in my preferred combination of features. I suppose if I had had a choice (impossible I know) at the exact same price/car I would have gone with DIB, barely, as it's a bit more "colorful". Although my preferences may not be all that usual in that I really miss the orange they used to offer and if I ever needed a custom paint job I'd probably go with firetruck fluorescent yellow - so take that opinion for what it's worth.

Apparently I'm also in the minority of preferring the more shapely 13 front end, but also the less radical 11-12 back end. I don't hate the 13-14 rear, but I think it's trying a bit too hard to be "cool" for my 40-something tastes.
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
They do look very close in those pics but seeing them in person the Kona looked almost purple-ish in certain light levels/angles where the DIB looked like a true blue in any light level or at any angle. I wasn't impressed with the Kona when I ordered my 11 and I loved the gray but if DIB would have been available it would have been a tougher choice.

Jason

'14 F150 4x4 SuperCrew 302

SOLD
'11 GT MT w/ 3.73s and some bolt-ons
550 RWHP / 490 RWTQ
11.94 @ 123, 1.84 60 ft.
Wannabe Sleeper
PONY Member

May as well pimp these here too... Kona:

Kona and DIB are actually pretty similar. DIB has a brighter, flatter tone and is more consistent.

Kona does not have traditional metal flake; it has transparent flakes that are more like "prisms" and reflect certain colors depending on the light source. In polluted cities, it can look purplish even on a clear day. There are shades of aqua/greenish, midnight blue, electric blue, and.. like all dark blues.. that flat purple.

Build2 2011 Kona Blue GT. Premium, Brembo Package, 3.73, Glass Roof.
Apprentice

I like Kona Blue but I'm biased.

2009 Chevrolet Corvette
Apprentice

+1 on Kona .. it has a pearl type pigment in it and will dramatically change the colour of the car. My favourite is under the city lights it looks metallic purple. During the day it looks dark blue nice and stealth My coworkers think I got a different paint job cause it changes on a daily basis lol.

DIB is just a little too flashy blue for my liking.

2011 V6 6MT, Kona Blue, Premium, heated Saddle leather, 3.31, HID
***Procharged***
Mods: AIRAID CAI, Bama, Magnaflow Street CB, BBK S. Headers, BBK Catted X-Pipe, BBK 73TB, Strut Tower Brace, SR Springs 1.5, Koni STR.T Shocks/Struts, Bumpsteer Kit, Panhard Bar, LCAs, PowerStop Brake Kit, Black MGP Caliper Covers, GT500 Rear Diffuser, Roush Side Splitters, Stillen Front Chin, 30% Tint, LEDs, Black Super Snake Stripes, Polk/Alpine, Audio Control LC7i, RF 10" Sub, 19" Staggered AMRs
Rookie

DIB FTWKona versus Deep Impact Blue-imageuploadedbyag-free1400626435.796850.jpgKona versus Deep Impact Blue-imageuploadedbyag-free1400626472.936557.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Apprentice

Really liked the Kona and after looking at the DIB several times I had to go with Sterling Grey. Sometimes the DIB looked really sharp but sometimes I thought it looked a bit purple.

2014 GT Premium, Sterling Grey, 6 Speed, 3:55 Gears, Comfort Group, GT500 AB, 3dCarbon Spoiler, JLT CC, Boss 302 Alcantara steering wheel, FRPP TrackCal, FRPP Brembos, FRPP Wheels
Apprentice

I've already voted for kona - yes I'm biased. Really love it when the hue reflects a shade of purple in different light. Matches perfectly with the muscle car retro look. But I'm posting because the 2015 anniversary edition will be offered in Wimbledon white (just like in 1964), and ............ Kona blue! It really is an awesome color. I remember the 11-12 ads featured kona blue many times.

2012 Mustang GT
2014 Grand Cherokee Limited
1989 Supra Turbo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page