Opinions on aftermarket grills - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Opinions on aftermarket grills

I'm usually one to keep my cars looking very stock and very clean, but I'm debating on changing up the front end of my '12 GT a bit. Looking at some grills from AM, I like the looks of the pony delete grill (I would get the upper and lower) but I can't seem to talk myself into taking a dremel tool to my car. Ive also thought about just plasti-dipping the pony in the grill. And ofcourse theres the eleanor grill which looks great in my opinion with some nice stripes but I cant seem to convince myself to put stripes on my car haha. Any opinions? The attatched pic is the front end of my car as it sits. The rest of the car is basically stock except for the staggered chrome Imola wheels and the massive Borla tips.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-17_16-39-57_334-1.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	165756  

2012 GT 6MT 3.73 - JLT - Borla - Axel Exchange - BMR - BAMA93H - Accufab - Steeda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012
PONY Member

1. do u want to keep the foglights?

12' RR GT | FORD RACING | JBA | CERVINI | ROUSH | KONI | H&R | 3DCARBON | C&L | AMRs | BREMBO | CDC
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

You don't have to cut anything off as long as you remove the bumper which is very easy.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

2013 Deep Impact Blue Metallic MT-82 401a
DiabloSport in tune - AirAid CAI - SVT GT500 AB - Ford Racing P springs - Forgestar F14 - Roush rear/side splitters - Stillen chin splitter - CS Fascia conversion - LED fog delete - 2 much 2 list.... Official mod addict: D

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I removed my '13 front bumper to install my Roush grille. It was easy just have a friend help u.. I'm all for changing the grille I never liked stock grilles on mustangs

2013 GT, Borla S-type cat back, Eibach Pro-kit springs, Forgestar F14
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vSPARXv View Post
1. do u want to keep the foglights?
Yup, gotta keep the fogs in the grill, I love that feature

2012 GT 6MT 3.73 - JLT - Borla - Axel Exchange - BMR - BAMA93H - Accufab - Steeda
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LITER_MUENSTER View Post
You don't have to cut anything off as long as you remove the bumper which is very easy.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2
I thought you had to cut out the pony to get the pony delete grill to fit.

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
No cutting for the Eleanor grille

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCoyote View Post
I thought you had to cut out the pony to get the pony delete grill to fit.
have u heard of DG customs Hidden foglight grill. i have a friend you has it and it looks mean!

12' RR GT | FORD RACING | JBA | CERVINI | ROUSH | KONI | H&R | 3DCARBON | C&L | AMRs | BREMBO | CDC
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vSPARXv View Post
have u heard of DG customs Hidden foglight grill. i have a friend you has it and it looks mean!
I forgot about those, any idea how the install is? I'm good with taking bumpers off and wiring and such, but pretty much refuse to do any cutting.

GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
... but pretty much refuse to do any cutting.
Given how many people replace their stock grilles, you should be able to buy one for little more than the cost of shipping. That way you'd have a spare to set aside in case you ever wanted to return your car to stock, freeing you up to Dremel as needed.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete
MACH I Member

Why not do something like this:

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

PONY Member

Quote:
I forgot about those, any idea how the install is? I'm good with taking bumpers off and wiring and such, but pretty much refuse to do any cutting.
2010-2012 Mustang GT DG Custom Hidden Fog Light Billet Grille (Black)

simple.
1. remove stock grill from surround
2. remove fogs from oem grill and install into new grill
3. put new grill into oem grill surround.

i dont think u will even have to remove ur front bumper...

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2VipeRS View Post
Why not do something like this:

this is the exact grill i was talking about. i think it looks sick and ive seen it in person!

PONY Member

The first thing I would do is to remove that licence plate/ bracket to clean up the bumper. The DG Custom or eleanor style upper grill would look great on there too. Down below, I'd go with the Steeda or Roush bumper and/or maybe some kind of chin spoiler/splitter setup.

'11 GT Premium , kona blue stick, 3:55's, Brembo , Roush axle-backs, etc. + '95 rio red GTS
Apprentice
5.0L Member

I am also debating on changing mine out

I blacked out my lights and installed a billit grill over the stock one. I am probably going with the SALENE grill.

Opinions on aftermarket grills-blacked-out-front.png

2011 5.0 Gt Premium, Black,Stone Interior,400A, Shaker 1000,3.55 Gears, 19" Pirellies, Air Raid CAI, Roush Axel Backs, Bama 91 performance Tuned, Roush body package.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page