Choose SVE Drifts or Forgestar CF5 Gunmetal Wheels? - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: CF5s or Drifts?
Forgestars CF5s Gunmetal 23 40.35%
SVE Drifts Black 34 59.65%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Question Choose SVE Drifts or Forgestar CF5 Gunmetal Wheels?

Which one would you get if you had the choice. im looking at either the black 19" SVE Drifts or Gunmetal Forgestar CF5s in 19". i have a Race Red with Red brembos
Choose SVE Drifts or Forgestar CF5 Gunmetal Wheels?-mustang-wheels-1.jpg

i know i have AMRs but was just looking for a second opinion thanks guys

DRIFTS:
Choose SVE Drifts or Forgestar CF5 Gunmetal Wheels?-mustang-wheels-2.jpg

CF5s:
Choose SVE Drifts or Forgestar CF5 Gunmetal Wheels?-mustang-wheels-3.jpg

12' RR GT | FORD RACING | JBA | CERVINI | ROUSH | KONI | H&R | 3DCARBON | C&L | AMRs | BREMBO | CDC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I voted SVE's but honestly i love how the car looks with the AMR's currently.

post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrad View Post
I voted SVE's but honestly i love how the car looks with the AMR's currently.
Same here. Obviously I've picked the SVE for my GT/CS, but like Cmrad, I like how your Mustang looks now.

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

im leaning alot towards the Forgestars for 3 reasons
1. My Dream Wheels are concave Vossens and i cant afford those, so CF5s are a poor mans vossen lol
2. the AMRs have to many spokes, takes forever to clean them
3. alot of ppl say the black wheels make the car look like its on spares from far away...

12' RR GT | FORD RACING | JBA | CERVINI | ROUSH | KONI | H&R | 3DCARBON | C&L | AMRs | BREMBO | CDC
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Then you should save until you can afford what you really want, that's what I would do...

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt Cowboy View Post
Then you should save until you can afford what you really want, that's what I would do...
the vossen wheel and tire setup is 3250 while i can get the cf5 wheel and tire package for 1950... maybe...

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

I voted for the Drifts for an obvious reason. The black 2013 up there is my personal car. Also, I can help out and offer a discount. I'm sure you can get the discount somewhere else, but I'm in your back yard and can have the wheels to your door the very next day.

If you end up going with the Drifts just let me know.

[email protected]
LatemodelRestoration.com

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012
Rookie

If you can hook up a deal on the sve rims ill buy a set right now! Pm me and let's talk some numbers.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I voted for the Drifts for an obvious reason. The black 2013 up there is my personal car. Also, I can help out and offer a discount. I'm sure you can get the discount somewhere else, but I'm in your back yard and can have the wheels to your door the very next day.

If you end up going with the Drifts just let me know.
Whats the price on 19x9.5 with tires? with the discount of course

PONY Member

The wheels you have on one look awesome in gloss black fits the car perfectly with the gloss black accents on your front bumper. Only one thing i don't like about the amrs. The front are only come in a 8.5 wide. This takes out wide tires. I just bought a set of sve drift wheels 19x9.5 . The one thing im not to crazy about is the matte/satin finish. Im thinking of getting them powder coated gloss black. But in not sure what i wanna do still. I got till next spring ti decide as im not going to mount on this year.

names Alex
2013 premium GT race red, order 3/23/12 ,doa 5/3/12
roush axle backs,pypes x pipe,resonator deletes, jlt oil catch can,20% tint, sr pc blk strut tower bar, painted engine bay and airaid cai, 93R] Bama tune, full roush splitters,cs rear diffuser,stillen gen 1 chin splitter, am black billet hidden fog light grille.Ford p springs, koni Orange struts, shocks, gt500 mounts, eibach sways, umi lca+reloc brak, 19x9.5 sve pc gloss blk wheels, cooper ra3 275/40/19 tires
Apprentice

the SVE Drifts are MUCH cheaper than the forgestars....

i personally like the AMRs a lot though.

2013 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue 12.28 @ 116.29mph
Track Pack | Recaros | Bama | Steeda | Ford Racing | JBA | Eibach | J&M | 3dCarbon | Barton | Street Scene | RVinyl | Velgen | Roush | MMD | Trufiber
Sold - 2010 GT Premium - 308whp 320wtq - 12.92 @ 105.62mph
Youtube - PerformanceFanatic - Check out my 2013 Mustang Videos!
Apprentice

Of those two, I voted CF5's, but I think your current wheels look better than either.

Black 2013 GT Track Pack
Apprentice
5.0L Member

I voted SVE because.....

2013 Performance White Mustang GT 5.0 MT, 3.73s Id1000 Injectors, BAP, Paxton 2200 SL, Barton Short throw shiter + bracket, On3 o/r x pipe
(Sold)2012 Race Red Mustang GT 5.0 MT
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Forgestar if you can get it. It's much stronger and lighter wheel then the other in question. I personally have the F14 titanium and couldn't be happier. I definitely felt the weight change coming from stock.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

2013 Deep Impact Blue Metallic MT-82 401a
DiabloSport in tune - AirAid CAI - SVT GT500 AB - Ford Racing P springs - Forgestar F14 - Roush rear/side splitters - Stillen chin splitter - CS Fascia conversion - LED fog delete - 2 much 2 list.... Official mod addict: D
Apprentice

I was dead set on the SVE's but I came across some extra funds and went with the forgestars. As far as I can tell the forgestars are top notch in terms of construction and quality. Plus they're made in the US. Either way you can't go wrong, the SVE's are hub centric. Good luck, and post pics regardless of what you get.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page