What did you do in the summer of 2012 in your Mustang - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

OK summer starts early and ends late in California!

March - Shelby 50th Bash in Vegas (2 days of Open Track)
June - Laguna Seca with Trackmasters
June - Lake Tahoe with Team Shelby
July - Car shows and Nor Cal Shelby picnic
August - Mini Nats at Sears Point with Nor Cal Shelby
Sep - Day trip to Carmel with Team Shelby
Oct - Crazy back roads with GT500's, Z06, GT3
Nov - Back to Laguna Seca the day after Thanksgiving

Just this past Sat I finally got my TracKey installed at 23,000 miles. :laughlitt

2012 Race Red Boss 302 #3041
2012 Race Red Boss 302 #733 TOTALED at Spring Mtn
1999 7.3 Crew Cab 4x4 6-Speed
1964 Falcon Convert. 289 4-Speed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckbubbles View Post
Small town cop wrote me up for 83 in a 75 (I-20), even though I was doing 75 on cruise and GPS. He, and the Judge, said "GPS just isn't that accurate". How do you reason with people like that? Still pisses me off.

Frank
Just looking for revenue. Many years ago I had a back woods sheriff's deputy give me a ticket that wasn't warranted either. When I said something about it he laughed, noted I was 500 miles from home and doubted I would show up in court to fight it.

post #33 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

I had a busy summer with work so I did not get a lot of play time in my Mustang… This summer I would only get to drive the car on short weekends between business travels and most of that was done at Bandimere…
Hers is one of my favorite videos out of the summer at Bandimere…
Not really sure why but maybe it is when the light turns green I can hear the tires pulling the track up...
The car still has its stock exhaust on it in this video... Sorry for the noise at the end... I still to this day do not know what was causing the rattling noise, this is the only video it's in...

2012 Boss at Bandimere - YouTube

And through it all, I met some great people with the same passion as myself for spending hot summer days at the track, as well as racing, showing or driving their Mustang to the grocery store for a bag pretzels… All in all it was a lot of fun…
And Thanks Steeda for the 2000 e-mails I sent you this summer and answering all of my questions…

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.

Apprentice

My 2012 MCA PP was my daily driver all summer. Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

2012 Boss Yellow Blaze, Recaros/Torsen, Cover/Mats
2012 MCA PP Sterling/Lava
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

side-swiped in June. Fixed brakes in July (I think).
Won Top Street Eliminator 4 times at my drag strip!(, and finished in 29th in Top Footbrake Eliminator)
Me and my 9 year old boy had a blast all summer with this car!

I've spent almost every dollar I've ever made on FAST cars, COLD beer, and HOT women. The rest, I just WASTED! 2011 GT auto, Race Red w/ white C-stripes/Airaid/BAMA/Steeda cat-delete/Heartthrob 3" catback & H-pipe/Hushpowers/UPR CA's/FRPP 3.55's & diff cover/Tint/billet grilles/CDC chin spoiler/GT500wing & valance/P.A. trans pan/ARP wheel studs/AMR 18x9/10. RACEDAY: RaceStars w/big n littles. 1/8 mi. ET- 7.63.

PONY Member

I went on a road trip from Canada to Kentucky.

This is when I found out how much Ford got hosed on their maps for the built in navigation. You wouldn't believe how many times sync said "you are entering an unknown area, proceed with caution". Some were major roads . Several times I had to pull out my 5 year old MIo GPS where all the correct info was there.
SHAME ON YOU for holding back up to date maps.

Any one else run into this, or did they just forget to map KY. A big thanks goes out to google maps, every mcDonalds for the free WIFI everywhere. And Apple for making this iPad .

The trip was awesome, the ride was comfortable even on those 12 hr days, and the car performed great. Next time I bring 2 canvas buckets instead of those 2-5gal pails for on the road no rinse washing . They sure eat up a lot of trunk space as my wife reminded me over and over and over and over again lol.

2012 GT Grabber Blue Vert, 6MT
PONY Member

1500 mile road trip extensively from Va through the Smokies!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NC tail of dragon trip.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	500.1 KB
ID:	166496  

Current
2016 gt premium, ingot silver, performance package, navigation

Previous
2012 gt premium, brembos, 3.73, 6mt, kona blue

2015 Ecoboost PP black on black 401A, security, enhanced backup

Apprentice

I unfortunately just drove to work and back home a bunch of times. Lol

2008 Shelby GT500
Pypes Violator Exhaust
Apprentice

Sadly not much. I fractured my right foot at the beginning of the summer which put me out of action for about 6 weeks, not being able to drive sucked. Then when I was able to drive, it was way too hot out to actually enjoy driving with the top down. So unfortunately for the most part, she sat in the garage all summer. I have been having more fun with her now that fall is here. It might be a little chilly to be putting the top down, but she's still fun. One of my co-workers freaked out the other day when he found out the 5.0 in the parking lot was mine.

2012 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Ebony, Charcoal Leather, HID, 19" Machined Rims, Shaker 500, Comfort Package, Remote Start, Rear Sensing Package, GT/CS Valance, Hushpower AB, Pedestal Spoiler, Hood Scoop, Side Scoops, BOSS 302 Side Exhaust, Roush CAI, Custom '5.0' faux gas cap Delivered: 9-19-2011

2002 Mustang GT Convertible True Blue Metallic Traded In: 9-19-11 I'll miss her :-(

DD: 2013 Taurus LTD Ingot Silver, 302A Spec, Moonroof, Navigation, 20" Wheels
GT Member

I drove the 2011 Mustang V6 vert over "The Tail of the Dragon"

Then I took the "high performance driving school" at Carolina Motorsports

Lots of fun in the Mustang

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymonkey View Post
"you are entering an unknown area, proceed with caution"
Considering you were going to Kentucky, maybe SYNC wasn't referring to the roads. :hihi:

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe Performance White 6R80 HID 64M Wheels Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set Ohio's Horses License Plate Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Boss View Post
OK summer starts early and ends late in California!

March - Shelby 50th Bash in Vegas (2 days of Open Track)
June - Laguna Seca with Trackmasters
June - Lake Tahoe with Team Shelby
July - Car shows and Nor Cal Shelby picnic
August - Mini Nats at Sears Point with Nor Cal Shelby
Sep - Day trip to Carmel with Team Shelby
Oct - Crazy back roads with GT500's, Z06, GT3
Nov - Back to Laguna Seca the day after Thanksgiving

Just this past Sat I finally got my TracKey installed at 23,000 miles. :laughlitt
I hate you. Lol

2008 Shelby GT500
Pypes Violator Exhaust
Apprentice

Bought it in Aug. Spent more time installing mods then driving but well worth it now that its supercharged!

Sent from my SCH-R930 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Apprentice

Many many shenanigans... Here's one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycxh...e_gdata_player
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Hookers and Blow, a lot of Hookers and Blow!

2011 GT, Blaze Yellow, 3.55's, 19" SVE Drift Wheels, Premium, 55D Springs, J&M Pan Hard Bar, Comfort Group, Security Package, JLT Oil Separator, GT 500 Axle Back, Eleanor Grill, Barefoot Gas Pedal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page