Ordered 2013 GT500 Mufflers and Valance today - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Ordered 2013 GT500 Mufflers and Valance today

gotta wait a few weeks before it all comes out from backorder and what not but heres the part numbers in case you were interested:

DR3Z-5230-L MUFFLER
DR3Z-5230-M MUFFLER
DR3Z-17F828-AB BUMPER EXTENSION

and then i ordered every clip that was available for the valance. unsure on quantities needed but some came in certain quantity per package so i ordered as follows:

QTY 8 W716460-s300
QTY 4 W716237-S300
QTY 2 W707291-S439
QTY 2 W705436-S300

once parts arrive i will post up exactly what i needed in order to cleanly install on my 2013 GT. as far as i know, if you have a boss or C/S then this will reuse all your factory clips and retainers. lucky you !

2013 Mustang GT: Race Red 55R (Track Pack) + Recaros. BOSS Intake Manifold * Lethal H pipe, BAMA Tune * '13 GT500 Quad Tip Exhaust, Valance * AIRAID Intake * Steeda Strut Bar, Shifter, Bracket and Ball * 3M Carbon Vinyl Roof * Eibach Sportlines on GT500 Struts * BMR Panhard bar * CDC Grille * AMR Wheels.

416 RWHP / 373 RWTQ - 11/18/12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012
Rookie

what does the numbers refers to ?

post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

ford part numbers

2013 Mustang GT: Race Red 55R (Track Pack) + Recaros. BOSS Intake Manifold * Lethal H pipe, BAMA Tune * '13 GT500 Quad Tip Exhaust, Valance * AIRAID Intake * Steeda Strut Bar, Shifter, Bracket and Ball * 3M Carbon Vinyl Roof * Eibach Sportlines on GT500 Struts * BMR Panhard bar * CDC Grille * AMR Wheels.

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

look forward to seeing the results! I've inquired through my dealer on price for all the parts two weeks ago. Their "super great" price was over $925, more than LMR sells with free shipping.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your final cost, and did you go online for the parts? The only parts places I found also made it over LMR's price with shipping.

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

local dealer, under $700 after sales tax.

post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012
PONY Member

Do these sound any different than the very popular 11-12 GT500 ABs?, or is this mainly an appearance mod.

2012 GT Premium, 6spd, 3.73 rear, Steeda shift bracket, GT500 ABs, tint, matte black OTT stripe, Boss shift knob and boot, MMD taillight trim, Infinity speaker upgrade
Previous Mustangs: 91 Lx 5.0 404 rwhp, 93 notch, 98 GTvert slow as hell,99 Gt, 2000 GT, 2001 GT, all manuals and all will be missed, mainly the 91 she was sweet.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Green View Post
Do these sound any different than the very popular 11-12 GT500 ABs?, or is this mainly an appearance mod.
based on my readings, these seem to be a little louder. i have no way to compare to the other gt500's, but i can compare to roush, flowmaster and the stock gt mufflers.

post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012
Apprentice

Very nice. I love the way your car looks and love the license plate 2. I drove by the Chevy dealer and saw your car parked outside. Looks great.

2013 TRACK PACK
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

You can get the valance and the mufflers from tousley for under $700.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2013 Deep Impact Blue Metallic MT-82 401a
DiabloSport in tune - AirAid CAI - SVT GT500 AB - Ford Racing P springs - Forgestar F14 - Roush rear/side splitters - Stillen chin splitter - CS Fascia conversion - LED fog delete - 2 much 2 list.... Official mod addict: D
5POINTO

The GT500 real valance/diffuser is the same one used on the GT/CS correct?
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5POINTO View Post
The GT500 real valance/diffuser is the same one used on the GT/CS correct?
No, it's different. It has room for the dual tipped exhaust versus the single tip.

EDIT: After looking for some close up's of the CS, you may be right! It's hard to tell if the double tips would fit in there or not.

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's
5POINTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarius View Post
No, it's different. It has room for the dual tipped exhaust versus the single tip.

EDIT: After looking for some close up's of the CS, you may be right! It's hard to tell if the double tips would fit in there or not.
Yeah, you seem to be right, the exhaust opening seems to be shaped differenty. But I think the diiffuser portion, at least on the '10-'12 seems to be the same.
PONY Member

Could you post up a full how to? I know late model resto has one but it's super vague on most stuff. Are the retainer clips necessary though? Like I said, lmr is so half assed in their installation guide it doesn't sound like you need any clips, but I have no clue. Any guide you can give would be greatly appreciated!
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by niz55 View Post
Very nice. I love the way your car looks and love the license plate 2. I drove by the Chevy dealer and saw your car parked outside. Looks great.
Thanks ! You caught it on one of the very very rare days i park it outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LITER_MUENSTER View Post
You can get the valance and the mufflers from tousley for under $700.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
around $630 then shipping :-) I elected to price match local and pay the tax. it ended up being more but at least if i have an issue with any of the parts i can have it corrected without return shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonkeyKong View Post
Could you post up a full how to? I know late model resto has one but it's super vague on most stuff. Are the retainer clips necessary though? Like I said, lmr is so half assed in their installation guide it doesn't sound like you need any clips, but I have no clue. Any guide you can give would be greatly appreciated!
i'd be happy to post up a how-to.

PONY Member

Much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page