MnemoncGhost's DIB 2013 Mustang GT - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Another one who loves that color! Only 300 miles in two weeks? Get in and drive that thing. I put on 1500 in the first four weeks. As far as the electronics, way too much for me, hardly listen to even a CD in my trucks. Good luck and enjoy it.
Dave

2015 Stage 3 Roush
'66' Ranchero w/almost done 302 T-5 swap
2000 4x4 Ranger
2003 4x2 Ranger
'69' Fairlane Cobra, 428 4-speed waiting for work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Ok, One month and 2 days later, I'm at about 1,400 miles. Started to enjoy getting on the throttle more now that I have officially past the break in period.

JLT Oil separator installed on passenger side. Already caught about a teaspoon of oil in past couple weeks.

American Muscle was out of the hood struts, or otherwise that would have been installed too.

Some complaints on synching MP3's off my phone through the USB interface. I got a new HTC One X+ which has 64 GB of memory. I probably loaded 20 GB or so, but it never stops "indexing". Bought a cheap 7 dollar USB thumb drive with 16 GB and it syncs in a minute or two. So probably my phone, but still dissapointing. But I like the option of just leaving the USB stick in there, and can always do bluetooth for new songs on my phone.

2013 Ford GT Premium - Deep Impact Blue
Ordered 8/18. Stickered 10/2. Built 10/9. ETA & Delivered 10/23!!!
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnemonicGhost View Post
Ok, One month and 2 days later, I'm at about 1,400 miles. Started to enjoy getting on the throttle more now that I have officially past the break in period.

JLT Oil separator installed on passenger side. Already caught about a teaspoon of oil in past couple weeks.

American Muscle was out of the hood struts, or otherwise that would have been installed too.

Some complaints on synching MP3's off my phone through the USB interface. I got a new HTC One X+ which has 64 GB of memory. I probably loaded 20 GB or so, but it never stops "indexing". Bought a cheap 7 dollar USB thumb drive with 16 GB and it syncs in a minute or two. So probably my phone, but still dissapointing. But I like the option of just leaving the USB stick in there, and can always do bluetooth for new songs on my phone.
The USB drive option is definitely the way to go for the moment. I didn't think you could actually index music on a phone via USB though. This is news to me?? I have a HTC EVO 3D so I'm in the same ballpark. How did you mount it? As a disk drive??

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.

Site Sponsor

Congrats on your 2013 GT! LOVE the deep impact blue color. You went with the best choice IMO. And get some more miles on that thing, so you can start driving it a little more "firm" haha.

Good luck with the new ride!

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnemonicGhost View Post
Hi, MnemonicGhost -

Just to clarify, is the music on your phone and thumb drive downloaded from the same source?

Jaclyn

FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hi, MnemonicGhost -

Just to clarify, is the music on your phone and thumb drive downloaded from the same source?

Jaclyn
They are regular MP3s (LAME VBR if that matters) with a fairly well organized folder structure. (Artist / Album / Track# - Trackname.mp3). No DRM at all. 70% self burned, 30% from amazon. I have 2,300 songs on the thumb drive, so I'd guess I had around 3,000 on my phone.

There may be a random GIF or JPEG in there for album art, and sometimes a PDF for the "digital booklet". But essentially the same content on both thumb drive and phone. Just alot more content on the phone due to available space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
The USB drive option is definitely the way to go for the moment. I didn't think you could actually index music on a phone via USB though. This is news to me?? I have a HTC EVO 3D so I'm in the same ballpark. How did you mount it? As a disk drive??
My last phone (Motorola Atrix) was a pain. I sometimes had to switch the Sync system to USB twice for it to fully connect. I do blame the phone for that as I had tell the phone how to treat the current USB connection. I would choose "USB Mass storage" and it would never remember it the next time. But it's 16 GB SD card was chock full and it would get loaded in the sync music library after about 4-5 minutes.

The HTC is much better. My One X+ doesn't ask me anything, but it still tries to go into USB Debugging mode no matter what I connect it too. Seems to be a developer function. Will play that and other settigns to see if I can get it indexed faster. Otherwise the USB thumb drive is working great.

2013 Ford GT Premium - Deep Impact Blue
Ordered 8/18. Stickered 10/2. Built 10/9. ETA & Delivered 10/23!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page