bama tune question - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkawak View Post
thanks Dan
i do have a question regarding to donut and burnouts, from what i heard the new 13' automatics mustang have problem when come to that due to it stays under 2000 rpm. does the tune fix that?
Is the the same Wink that was worried about the short life/high cost of summer tires?

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Site Sponsor

Quote:
thanks Dan
i do have a question regarding to donut and burnouts, from what i heard the new 13' automatics mustang have problem when come to that due to it stays under 2000 rpm. does the tune fix that?

Yep! Our Bama SF3 tuner will completely eliminate that problem with the 2013 autos. We've tested it pretty thoroughly on our own 2013 3.7 auto, trust me haha.

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Yep! Our Bama SF3 tuner will completely eliminate that problem with the 2013 autos. We've tested it pretty thoroughly on our own 2013 3.7 auto, trust me haha.

Shane
thanks Shane
just one last question, how much horsepower can i expect from performance tune & cai for my 13 v6 auto?

13' GT Black, Auto, Roush A/B, Whiteline PHB & Brace, Boss 302 Tower Brace, Michelin PSS, Alpine 10" S Type Sub,

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

from what i gathered cai can incease 10-15hp, tune 15-20hp. can i conclude that i should be expecting somewhere around 25-35hp for the 13' v6 auto?

13' GT Black, Auto, Roush A/B, Whiteline PHB & Brace, Boss 302 Tower Brace, Michelin PSS, Alpine 10" S Type Sub,
Banned

Quote:
from what i gathered cai can incease 10-15hp, tune 15-20hp. can i conclude that i should be expecting somewhere around 25-35hp for the 13' v6 auto?
The gains don't stack. The general consensus is the tune is for the power gain and a CAI is for a more aggressive intake sound.
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense View Post
The gains don't stack. The general consensus is the tune is for the power gain and a CAI is for a more aggressive intake sound.
but on AM cai stated it can increase hp.… if the hp dont stack, how muh can i expect with both installed?

Banned

Quote:
but on AM cai stated it can increase hp.… if the hp dont stack, how muh can i expect with both installed?
If we use their dyno graphs posted around here...When they dyno'd both mods on the car, then went to a tune only...I believe the dyno showed 1hp on the power curve somewhere in the rpm. This is 1hp over just their tune alone.

If someone can show some evidence otherwise (SAE corrected or track times before and after corrected to sea level) I'd love to be wrong and know there is more on the table.

Keep this in mind though, the 5.0 uses the same air filter as the 3.7 which has over 100hp less. I don't think there's a measureable hp gain from a CAI via dyno or track mph comparison evidence.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

anyone here know exactly how much hp is loss in drivetrain for 13' v6 auto?

Banned

The last 1/8th mile pass I could make this year in my '13 auto with 2.73 gears came out to a 9.13 at 80.07mph with a 2.2 60ft. DA was 60 ft above sea level. Using Wallace Racing - Automotive Calculators

and me guessing the overall weight of the car at 3700lbs, 1/4 tank, me at 200lbs, 30lb spare/jack/spare cover removed....

That comes to high 270's/low 280 area in rwhp. That's with my Diablo 93 tune as the only mod.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense View Post
The last 1/8th mile pass I could make this year in my '13 auto with 2.73 gears came out to a 9.13 at 80.07mph with a 2.2 60ft. DA was 60 ft above sea level. Using Wallace Racing - Automotive Calculators

and me guessing the overall weight of the car at 3700lbs, 1/4 tank, me at 200lbs, 30lb spare/jack/spare cover removed....

That comes to high 270's/low 280 area in rwhp. That's with my Diablo 93 tune as the only mod.
how much rwhp without tune? hows ur diablo tuner? any performance difference? i looked around and most tuners dont do much for 13' v6 autos

Banned

Quote:
how much rwhp without tune? hows ur diablo tuner? any performance difference? i looked around and most tuners dont do much for 13' v6 autos
I didn't do a pre tune run. I might try that for comparison's sake in the spring and see what my corrected mph in the 1/8th is with the factory tune.

The inTune device is extremely user friendly and the customer service has been great.

Here's my reveiw.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...xperience.html
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

i dont know if i should get bama or intune? does diablo intune privide free tunes upgrade for life?

Banned

Quote:
i dont know if i should get bama or intune? does diablo intune privide free tunes upgrade for life?
It's supposed to be in the works for Bama to carry the inTune and tunes for life program with it. If you don't wish to wait, they do offer the Diablo Trinity. Same tune file for the inTune and Trinity.

If you order direct or the device from a non tuner vendor, you will receive the canned tune. The device is easily updated and loading the tune is too.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

just got off the phone with bama tune customer support. the hp at the wheel for a stock 13' v6 auto is 252hp/247 torque.seems alittle low anyone got a different number? with the tune and cai should add another 20-30hp. it kinda suck to find out its 50hp less than 305hp. just imagine if you can fully utilize the 305hp the car will be much faster......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page