What else do you spend your $$ on? - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 412horses View Post
Aside from the Raxioms, I haven't done much to the Mustang at all but I do find myself drawn to the Cervini's Mach One hood page over and over. I'd say it's only a matter of time.
Trust me, if I could get any one of the Cervini's hoods shipped over here I'd already have one. I will be back in the good ole USofA in a few years and then I'll pick one up for cheap...assuming I still have this Mustang by then.

PS. Christmas is coming up guys...if any of you decide to take a trip to Germany bring a hood with you. I'll put you up in my house and buy all the beer you can possibly drink.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Sporting events are what get a lot of my money. I have season tickets for OU football and I share season tickets for the OKC Thunder. Between the tickets, tailgating before OU games, going to the bar before Thunder games, and beer during the games that adds up to a pretty good chunk of change. It is a lot of fun so it is worth the cash. Other than that playing golf and slow pitch softball are my other hobbies.

-Steve
2011 GT Premium, Kona Blue, Security, Brembo, and 3.73s
Mods: Magnaflow Street Series Cat Back
PONY Member

Well to keep this slightly car related I got the windows tinted today.

back to the 10mm, I have fit the frame, slide, barrel, bushing, thumb safety, front sight, grip safety, blended the rear of the slide to the frame and blended the grip safety, also trimmed dust cover flush with slide. Still on the to do list: fit rear sight, full trigger job, ream chamber to depth, melt/dehorn all edges, media blast, Parkerize, and Cerakote. I am sure I am forgetting something but those are the high points.

What else do you spend your $$ on?-imag0344.jpg

13 GT base, 3.55, Sterling Grey, MGW shifter, BMR LCA's, GT500 AB, silver RTR's, 275/40/19 Michelin pilot super sports, more stereo equipment than I will admit to, more parts to come.

GT Member

I dont really do anything except for go to work and go to the gym.

I wish I could afford a proper home gym, but that would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars for what i want/need.

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
Apprentice

Well, I am a stay at home Dad when I am not out doing a show, working in a studio, or on a tour from time to time. My various spending happens to be on things around the house, the kids, or my wife. Being that the house IS my office, I tend to change things around quite often. Still enjoy tinkering with the car, but since that's a garage queen I figure I have nothing but time.
Apprentice

1. Guns
2. Building computers
3. Gym
4. Law school lol

or at least that is what I spent my money on when I had it.

Borla ATAK Axle-backs, GT500 rear valence, JLT Carbon Fiber CAI, Black Roush shift kit/Knob, Roush Quarter Window Louvers, 3dCarbon GT500 Spoiler, 15% Tint All Around, Blacked out rear end, Blue LED Dome Lights, Silver Horse Racing Blue LED Push Button Start, AMR Charcoal wheels 255/45/18 and 275/40/18 Nitto NT555
PONY Member

Why is everyone putting "Gym" down as an option? Even if you go to an expensive as f*ck gym, it's like what $70 a month? I wouldn't call that a huge drain on cash.

For myself:
  • Building computers (not quite sli 580s, but close)
  • Student Loans
  • Buying random technology I don't need
  • Food/Restaurants/Beer
  • Student Loans
  • Traveling

2013 DIB 3.7L | 6AT | Performance Package | Tech Package |
Bama 91R | Airaid CAI | Flowmaster Force II Axlebacks |
Pioneer TSD's | Amp & 10" JBL sub |
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1llz View Post
Why is everyone putting "Gym" down as an option? Even if you go to an expensive as f*ck gym, it's like what $70 a month? I wouldn't call that a huge drain on cash.
I guess I interpreted the thread a little wrong as i read through. When i said gym i was more talking about activities and interests and what i would like to spend money on in the future.

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
Rookie

this spring ill be doing a mini remodel to all my bathrooms, kitchen and etc
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony_boy View Post
I guess I interpreted the thread a little wrong as i read through. When i said gym i was more talking about activities and interests and what i would like to spend money on in the future.
Fair enough. They do say time is money. So the things you spend a lot of time on could be construed as money

2013 DIB 3.7L | 6AT | Performance Package | Tech Package |
Bama 91R | Airaid CAI | Flowmaster Force II Axlebacks |
Pioneer TSD's | Amp & 10" JBL sub |
PONY Member

#1 House stuff... While we just bought a fairly new house (2002 vintage), the honey do list is growing at an alarming rate. Paint this, floor that, run CAT 6 through those rooms, brick this; you get the point.

Which brings me to my next big spender -

#2 Tools. I have bought and continue to buy ridiculous amounts of tools and such. I have tools that I have not and probably never will use, but if I do, oh man they'll work awesome....

Most of them are auto repair or electronic related, so the house work means I have to buy woodworking stuff too now. It's a vicious circle.

I also have a '74 Challenger, which being a Mopar means I am guaranteed to spend 2-3x more to achieve the same goals as a Chevy or Ford. Yay me.

2011 GT 6MT (Cookie Monster) - The 1/4 life crisis. Brembos, 401A, drop top, Grabber Blue.

1974 Dodge Challenger - The money pit. 408 SB stroker, Megasquirt 2 EFI, 904TF, 3.91 gears. 16MPG and 520HP goodness

2004 Hyundai Tiburon - The winter beater.
Apprentice

Cars and guns/shooting are the big money pits right now.

Picking up my 2013 5.0 on Saturday so let the modding begin.

Other play toy/money pit is a 2003 Harley Davidson F-150 614rwhp/644tq

2013 Deep Impact Blue 6spd Premium GT

Ordered: 10/11/12
Build Date:11/27/12
ETA:12/3/12
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I really don't have any spare money to spend on other things or even my Mustang for that matter.

So I'll answer with bills.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Garage
Here are my 2 wallet drainers!

2013 GT Premium l Track Pack l Comfort Pack l
Reverse/Security Pack l MT-82 l Black. l GT500 Magnaflow Axle Back l GT500 Rear Valence

Order: 7/6 VIN: 8/20 ETA: 9/25 Dealer: 9/25/12

Winter Car: 2004 Acura TSX (6M, 4300K HID foglights, intake resonator delete)
Wife's Ride: 2008 Ford Edge Limited (Navi, Tow Package)
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKJI_Mustang View Post
Here are my 2 wallet drainers!

THe older one looks like hes got a pair of fangs

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page