What else do you spend your $$ on? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
J Orbit

What else do you spend your $$ on?

To all those tweakers/modders/upgraders, is your car the only thing you 'mod'? What other expensive hobbies do you have?

Personally I'm a compulsive modder: I'm remodeling my house, I also build/upgrade computers and have a small office and music production studio for my business. I've also restored and modified a few firearms (which I'm finding almost as fun as working on cars). I've just never been one to let well enough alone and love taking things apart so when I was old enough to drive I was already looking for ways to improve in my old pickup.

What about you guys/gals? are you the type that has to tweak everything or do you prefer keeping things "stock"?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

5POINTO

Besides my cars of course:

I like to do landscaping to my house (it was a new build so nothing really needed "work"), I collect high end die-casts and models, I also collect Yankees memorabilia, I also like attending live sporting events. Lately most of my free time goes to spending time with my 4 month old daughter.

PONY Member

Nearly finished remodeling my kitchen just need to do the new pantry organizer and then its done.

I have been in to building guns and target shooting for a long time, built several 1911's of varying sizes and calibers. Currently a little more than half way through building my next, this one is a 5" double stack 1911 in 10mm, also previously built a couple AR's and converted a couple of Saiga Ak's.

13 GT base, 3.55, Sterling Grey, MGW shifter, BMR LCA's, GT500 AB, silver RTR's, 275/40/19 Michelin pilot super sports, more stereo equipment than I will admit to, more parts to come.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Orbit View Post
To all those tweakers/modders/upgraders, is your car the only thing you 'mod'? What other expensive hobbies do you have?
Hmm...Let's see:

Quote:
I'm remodeling my house
Yup. My biggest wallet-drainer yet.

Quote:
I also build/upgrade computers
Same here.

Quote:
a small office and music production studio
Yup: I have GAS (Guitar acquisition syndrome), though, its died down now that I'm a home owner. I've actually sold a few off.

Quote:
when I was old enough to drive I was already looking for ways to improve in my old pickup.
Yup.

Past: 2011 3.7 6AT SG
Current: 2014 5.0 6MT Black
J Orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhoundman View Post
Nearly finished remodeling my kitchen just need to do the new pantry organizer and then its done.

I have been in to building guns and target shooting for a long time, built several 1911's of varying sizes and calibers. Currently a little more than half way through building my next, this one is a 5" double stack 1911 in 10mm, also previously built a couple AR's and converted a couple of Saiga Ak's.
Man I'd love to pick your brain. I want to build a 1911 and modify a Saiga. As soon as I finish my Mossberg 500/persuader build I want to sell it and grab a Saiga. Are they as hard to work on as AKs?
GT Member

Chris Craft

Old boats wooden Chris Craft's. My Gal. Flying no plane yet.
So Boats and Ho's it is.LOL

T Wayne
PONY Member

I do long distance shooting. It's pretty expensive too.

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

guitars: I play (poorly, but for fun) I mod, tweak and build somewhat better, also for fun

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium ∙ MCA (203A)
Ingot Silver ∙ Charcoal Black ∙ Auto
HIDs ∙ Security ∙ Comfort Package ∙ Remote Start
Koni STR.T shocks/struts ∙ Roush DUB springs
PONY Member

Quote:
Man I'd love to pick your brain. I want to build a 1911 and modify a Saiga. As soon as I finish my Mossberg 500/persuader build I want to sell it and grab a Saiga. Are they as hard to work on as AKs?
Saiga's are fairly easy to work on, 1911's on the other hand require allot more finesse.

13 GT base, 3.55, Sterling Grey, MGW shifter, BMR LCA's, GT500 AB, silver RTR's, 275/40/19 Michelin pilot super sports, more stereo equipment than I will admit to, more parts to come.

Apprentice

I am a big foodie, so I spend on sustenance for cooking at home and trying new restaurants.

I've been spending more coin at the petrol station with the new whip.

2013 Sterling Gray Metallic GT | Premium | MT-82 | Security Package | Window Tint | 401A Aluminum Shift Knob/Shift Boot | Ford Racing Sport Mufflers
Rookie

It's all cars for me. This is my other wallet drainer -

2013 Roush RS3 - Black
2010 F150 Platinum - Black
1967 ChevyII/Nova Pro Street - tube chassis - 750+hp- black
replica

Guitar, craft beer, concerts, old school video games, vinyl.
Apprentice

Just getting into saltwater aquariums, it's definitely going to rival the car as far as expense goes.

2008 Black V6 Coupe - Gone
2011 Grabber Blue GT Premium Convertible - Gone
Apprentice

Quote:
Saigas (other than the shotguns obviously) ARE AKs. They just have to be converted to their current form to get imported (922 compliance). The conversion is to put them back in to their pre converted form (the AK we all know and love). Depending on how big you get on the conversion to "true AK" it can be pretty easy or harder. Some basic conversion kits are pretty plug and play. AKs in general are pretty simple in the grand scheme of things. Anyone who can detail strip a pistol can probably work on an AK without a lot of trouble.

As for me: Guns, Computers, Motorcycles are the big ones for "modifications". Plenty of other hobbies though.

2013 V6 Base, Manual transmission, 101A (tape stripe delete), in the ultra seductive color known as Deep Impact Blue. Airaid CAI, Diabolosport InTune 93 octane canned tune, 3D Carbon Gt500 spoiler, Roush window louvers, Flowmaster Force II Axlebacks. Proud owner since 08/01/2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Music, Food, when on vacation I want the suite with the fireplace. I've got a nice house with property that needs lots of love/$. On a side note it used to be alcohol (esp. wine) but it was quitting that gave me the $ for the Stang....

edit, Jus = nice ride.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page