2013 Mustang ordering closed!!!! - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Waxed'05 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkawak View Post
just talked to my salesman and he told me production is still on.
Production is still on.. BUT if you ordered after 10/29/12 you are looking at a car in March (most likely) and it will be a 2014....

'97 Cobra Vert - sold
'06 GT Sold 6/2010
Current: '06 F-250 Diesel, '10 CR-V, '11 Civic (Lease)

Ordered 12/12/12 Built 1/25/13 dealer received 1/30/13
2014 GHIG V6 Stick w/Perf. Pkg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

I think that's about the same time they stopped ordering '11s as well, I remember I went to order my Mustang in December of 2010 expecting it to be a 2011 and my dealer informed me that orders for the 2011 were over in November. It seems strange, but whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxed'05 GT View Post
Production is still on.. BUT if you ordered after 10/29/12 you are looking at a car in March (most likely) and it will be a 2014....
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttt. are you sure?

13' GT Black, Auto, Roush A/B, Whiteline PHB & Brace, Boss 302 Tower Brace, Michelin PSS, Alpine 10" S Type Sub,

post #34 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Positive! Only chance would be by coincidence if they had already ordered same car for their lot before you ever came in.

'97 Cobra Vert - sold
'06 GT Sold 6/2010

PONY Member

this happened to me last year (order cut off dates changed multiple times) and people were still ordering 2012's well after January 1, 2012. I called Ford a couple of weeks ago because a dealer (Rockwall Ford,Tx) said they could still order me a car even though Deysha said no orders after 10-31-12 for a 2013. the person at Ford I talked to said any Mustang ordered after September 28, 2012 would be fulfilled as a 2014 after November 11, 2012 when the ordering would open for 2014's. she verified this with a manager before I got off the phone.

confronted with this, the Dealer had in writing confirmation that they could order a 2013 until November 10, 2012 (verified). apparently this is when they realized they were the only dealer around my area that was willing to order a car for me, and only after they went up by $2000 on the agreed previous offer.. I walked away.

I'm done with the conflicting information and outright dishonest dealers.. I'm out Ford... I have yet another $750 coupon I can't use (expires 3-31-13), well I don't anymore.. I threw it away last week.

good luck on the orders guys, I'm guessing you'll be good to go.

2011 V6 Premium ,Grabber Blue/White Stripes/Charcoal Black, Auto/2.73, 202A Pony Package, Comfort Package.

Mods, Factory Engine Cover, Ford Strut Tower Brace, 19" Painted Aluminum Wheels/245-45-19 P-Zeros, Wheel Locks, Ford Accessory Alarm, Ford All-Weather Mats, window tint, spare tire/jack, cam cap mod.
on deck... Polk Audio db571 X 4 speakers & baffles
post #36 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Sorry to hear of your problems. It seems that some dealers inform their salesmen more than others..... How is it you got the coupon?????? I want one....

'97 Cobra Vert - sold
'06 GT Sold 6/2010

FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAction View Post
Looks like my order was placed just before the cutoff. Wow.
Great, DoubleAction! I can help you track it. Just, PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can help.

Quote:
just talked to my salesman and he told me production is still on.
2013s are still being built, winkawak. You’re just not able to place orders any longer. Don’t forget to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number.

Quote:
Not really (timeframe), Waxed’05 GT. Stop scaring people! LOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diver88 View Post
this happened to me last year (order cut off dates changed multiple times) and people were still ordering 2012's well after January 1, 2012. I called Ford a couple of weeks ago because a dealer (Rockwall Ford,Tx) said they could still order me a car even though Deysha said no orders after 10-31-12 for a 2013. the person at Ford I talked to said any Mustang ordered after September 28, 2012 would be fulfilled as a 2014 after November 11, 2012 when the ordering would open for 2014's. she verified this with a manager before I got off the phone.
To clear the air, diver88, 2013 order banks closed on 10/31/12 and all final orders were due to the plant on 11/1/12. Regarding the order banks for the 2014s, you can order now, but won’t start building until the middle or end of the first quarter of next year. I hope this helps and please keep in touch with your dealers for additional info.

Quote:
Sorry to hear of your problems. It seems that some dealers inform their salesmen more than others..... How is it you got the coupon?????? I want one....
These incentives are randomly sent out and not guaranteed to be in every brochure. Your dealer can check any incentive that applies to you at the time of the sale in their system. Also, you can check the incentives in your area here. I hope this helps.

Deysha
PONY Member

Quote:
and it seems one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing at Ford.. Rockwall Ford in TX had a letter of confirmation from whoever accepts the orders saying an order for a 2013 Mustang would be accepted until November 10, 2013 and would be fulfilled as a 2013 with all available rebates for the 2013.

I just called Ford Marketing and requested a brochure, actually 2... one for my work address and one for my home address. the one I got at work had the $750 off coupon. I got 3 unsolicited coupons last year starting in November, which started me on my quest to find a glass roof GT to begin with. the last one was to expire in Feb 12, a car hit the ground 250 miles from me that was acceptable overall but the dealer didn't want to deal (he knew he had the car I wanted) and I passed. he called back 2 days later with a reasonable offer but Ford said the coupon expired 2 days before..so I lost the $750 coupon offer and I walked. I was told originally it expired several weeks later but funny thing, the expiration date changed when I found a car and the dealer got close to real.

all of this drama has cost Ford at least 2 sales, the $40,000 Mustang I wanted and yesterday I looked at a Chevy Silverado I'll pick up this weekend. not the pick-up I wanted but it was drama free.

good luck guys, I will either drive my Mustang for a while longer or trade for ?? (not an SS for sure)

2011 V6 Premium ,Grabber Blue/White Stripes/Charcoal Black, Auto/2.73, 202A Pony Package, Comfort Package.

Mods, Factory Engine Cover, Ford Strut Tower Brace, 19" Painted Aluminum Wheels/245-45-19 P-Zeros, Wheel Locks, Ford Accessory Alarm, Ford All-Weather Mats, window tint, spare tire/jack, cam cap mod.
on deck... Polk Audio db571 X 4 speakers & baffles
post #39 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustSrvc View Post
Great, DoubleAction! I can help you track it. Just, PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can help.

2013s are still being built, winkawak. You’re just not able to place orders any longer. Don’t forget to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number.

Not really (timeframe), Waxed’05 GT. Stop scaring people! LOL!!

These incentives are randomly sent out and not guaranteed to be in every brochure. Your dealer can check any incentive that applies to you at the time of the sale in their system. Also, you can check the incentives in your area here. I hope this helps.

Deysha
Not quite sure how I am "scaring people". It has already been stated that orders closed 10/29 and production will start mid to late Q1 2013 for the 2014. Am I right, or am I right? I got the info from your posts Deysha. :-)

'97 Cobra Vert - sold
'06 GT Sold 6/2010

FordService

Quote:
Not quite sure how I am "scaring people". It has already been stated that orders closed 10/29 and production will start mid to late Q1 2013 for the 2014. Am I right, or am I right? I got the info from your posts Deysha. :-)
LOL! I thought we were still talking about the 2013s. Those will continue building all the way to Jan-Feb time.

Deysha
post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
LOL! I thought we were still talking about the 2013s. Those will continue building all the way to Jan-Feb time.

Deysha
Understood. Thank you Deysha.

'97 Cobra Vert - sold
'06 GT Sold 6/2010

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Waxed, get on Fords mailing list, request info (brochures) email/snail mail. I also recomend requesting info on slow sellers I think it'll increase odds. Use multiple email accounts. good luck

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
PONY Member

Quote:

Deysha
lol, so my order 2013 order is cool?

13' GT Black, Auto, Roush A/B, Whiteline PHB & Brace, Boss 302 Tower Brace, Michelin PSS, Alpine 10" S Type Sub,
FordService

Quote:
lol, so my order 2013 order is cool?
I sent you a PM, winkawak.

Deysha
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Waxed, get on Fords mailing list, request info (brochures) email/snail mail. I also recomend requesting info on slow sellers I think it'll increase odds. Use multiple email accounts. good luck
Thank you for the insight! I also was offered an x-plan, but that would actually increase what the dealers are willing to sell the car for.....

'97 Cobra Vert - sold
'06 GT Sold 6/2010

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page