2013 Mustang Boss Tips needed - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

So, if I got this right, some say that I should keep the car stock, for resale value, and some recommend to modify it.

I am faced with a show stopper, and for now, I have to keep it stock. So that you know, I convinced my wive that, the last production of Boss cars was in 69-70, and that it would be a great thing to get the 13 Boss in case Ford decides to turn off the production valve. The condition was that I would no longer spend money on my 2000 GT ($11,000 in 2011) and get the Boss, which has everything needed on it (no additional spending). I agreed, but I keep looking at the flowmaster pipes (which connect to the side pipes) and better looking wheels. Like some of you, I also convinced the wife that this was an investment, that will pay off in about 25-30 years (I suspect if it stays stock), so I appreciated the comment of keeping all the original parts.

I think that my best bet would be to wait a few years, change the exhaust system, but keep the original for resale value. We will ride the car to shows and enjoy it a bit before winter storage every year. I don't think I will be racing it, so no change in the shifter, suspension, or drive shaft needed. By the way, because we are getting older, we decided to go with the standards seats, but tinted the windows in a dark black. It looks great on a SBYBoss.
Comments?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

I don't think of the car as an investment. It's fun to drive and work on. I don't want wholesale changes, but I want to be able to pick it out of a crowd of other Mustangs. I bought it to drive, not sit in a garage. It's going to get door dings and rock chips. To each their own though. I only have to pay for mine.

2015 Triple Yellow Premium GT Vert
2013 Race Red Boss 302 #1972 *Sold*
2011 Race Red GT/CS *Sold*
Banned

My father just picked one up two days ago. It's a '13 also and his premise for trading his '12 Challenger R/T was similar.

Even though the color of the Challenger was rarer AND popular/in demand/very retro like the competition orange was in 1970...he likes owning the the more limited production versions of the pony cars. The R/T was Header Orange with dealer installed R/T Classis stripe package with the Sport suspension wheels/package. It was a great looking R/T but he wanted more from it and on those cars it costs a lot to mod.

On the other hand, the Boss fit the bill nicely and to get it, he had to commit that this would be his last car...as opposed to pumping cash into the Challenger to get it up to par in the power dept. In the long run, he saved money on modding (plans to only get track key fwiw) and got a more limited production, eye catching car.

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

So you took delivery then went and parked her for the winter without even at least getting a chance to get intimate with her

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

2013 Deep Impact Blue Metallic MT-82 401a
DiabloSport in tune - AirAid CAI - SVT GT500 AB - Ford Racing P springs - Forgestar F14 - Roush rear/side splitters - Stillen chin splitter - CS Fascia conversion - LED fog delete - 2 much 2 list.... Official mod addict: D
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASTON00GT View Post
So, if I got this right, some say that I should keep the car stock, for resale value, and some recommend to modify it.

I am faced with a show stopper, and for now, I have to keep it stock. So that you know, I convinced my wive that, the last production of Boss cars was in 69-70, and that it would be a great thing to get the 13 Boss in case Ford decides to turn off the production valve. The condition was that I would no longer spend money on my 2000 GT ($11,000 in 2011) and get the Boss, which has everything needed on it (no additional spending). I agreed, but I keep looking at the flowmaster pipes (which connect to the side pipes) and better looking wheels. Like some of you, I also convinced the wife that this was an investment, that will pay off in about 25-30 years (I suspect if it stays stock), so I appreciated the comment of keeping all the original parts.

I think that my best bet would be to wait a few years, change the exhaust system, but keep the original for resale value. We will ride the car to shows and enjoy it a bit before winter storage every year. I don't think I will be racing it, so no change in the shifter, suspension, or drive shaft needed. By the way, because we are getting older, we decided to go with the standards seats, but tinted the windows in a dark black. It looks great on a SBYBoss.
Comments?

Let me ask you this.... Would you buy a motorcross bike and never take it to the dirt?

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASTON00GT View Post
[snip] So that you know, I convinced my wive that, the last production of Boss cars was in 69-70, and that it would be a great thing to get the 13 Boss in case Ford decides to turn off the production valve.
All else aside, on that aspect of this you did right. There's no "in case" because Ford announced early on that the reincarnated Boss 302 would have only a two year production run, just like the original. It's no accident that the 2012 has stripes like the 1969 car and the 2013 has stripes like the 1970.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-24-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Yes, I had to park it for winter. At least, I had a 10 minute drive from the dealership to my house. It was late in October, and I was getting ready to go on my military course that ends in December.

Yes, the intent is to have a car I will not have to mod, like I did with my 2000 GT. And yes, it was time to get it before production would end. By the end of the loan, the cost is $52K (CAD). I hope that in 25 years, it will be worth about $100K, or more.

I just can't wait until July comes along and I can take it for a ride to Montreal. I have to suprise my parents.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I'm looking at the 2013 Shelby 500GT exhaust as a replacement for the back mufflers on the Boss. As anyone replaced their systems for the 500GT? If so, got any pictures?
Apprentice

You have to change the valance also. It's on my wish list.

Mustang GT500 Axle Back Exhaust and Rear Diffuser/Valance Kit (13) at LRS - Free Shipping!

2015 Triple Yellow Premium GT Vert
2013 Race Red Boss 302 #1972 *Sold*
2011 Race Red GT/CS *Sold*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page