My experience with DiabloSport and the Intune. - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim2013 View Post
Yeah, I always planned on waiting until my warranty is up before I get some 3.73's and a tuner. This makes it much harder to wait.

I might break by spring!

Same here. I swore up and down to my wife that I would leave the gears and tune alone until my 3 years are up (I won't come close to 36K...), but I am feeling my resistance buckling with the InTune.

Mustang base coupe, V6, manual transmission, Red Candy tint, performance package.

Upgrades: DSS aluminum driveshaft, BMR LCA's, Yukon 3.73 gears, MGW shifter.

Displaying 3.7 fender badges is like telling everyone your wife is "office hot."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangChris810 View Post
Just got back from a ride in the car. I love it. The OR H-Pipe is AWESOME with the stock mufflers. Loud when you hit the go pedal hard and NO DRONE when you cruise. My wife says it sounds like a "race car" now.

What's an OR H-pipe, and why do I need one?

Tim

Mustang base coupe, V6, manual transmission, Red Candy tint, performance package.

Upgrades: DSS aluminum driveshaft, BMR LCA's, Yukon 3.73 gears, MGW shifter.

Displaying 3.7 fender badges is like telling everyone your wife is "office hot."

BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtman2012 View Post
Will you guys at American Muscle ever stock the Intune?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryyf View Post
Hey AM_Dan,
Do you have any marketing jobs open at AM because I have a great idea. Why don't you expand the partnership with Diablosport and start carrying the InTune with Bama tunes----I bet it would a winner. Maybe a performance bonus for me if it flies. I'm confident I would have some other good ideas too.........
Hey guys,

I agree the inTune is really cool. We're working with Diablosport on bringing this in! I wish I could give you guys more information, however I'm just not sure of an ETA at this time.

As soon as I have more information I'll be sure to update everyone!

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Hey guys,

I agree the inTune is really cool. We're working with Diablosport on bringing this in! I wish I could give you guys more information, however I'm just not sure of an ETA at this time.

-Dan
You have a customer right here as soon as it is.......can't wait!

2015 Gt with perf pack/Guard Green/MBRP race exhaust/Steeda shifter bracket/ ....... more to come

Originally Posted by cudaman ........
Let's hope you don't have the same problem with your zipper and your fueling rod, should you run into another female in a Camaro that needs genetic gas.
Apprentice

Hey dan can you check my data logs and tell me if the 93 octane tune is running ok?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

2012 Mustang GT CS Ingot Silver 3.73 Gears, Borla S type Axle Backs, BBK after cat x pipe
Apprentice

Heres one more

2012 Mustang GT CS Ingot Silver 3.73 Gears, Borla S type Axle Backs, BBK after cat x pipe
J Orbit

Wow those fuel trims look high. My friend's car stayed under 3%.

Are you using an aftermarket intake?
Apprentice

No I'm using the stock intake. You worried me now!

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Hey guys,

-Dan
Dan, we all realize that the decision on AM offering the InTune is not yours to make and hope you don't mind the good-naturing teasing. We just want your company Execs to know that the demand for this product (and Bama bundling) is considerable! Happy Thanksgiving (oops I'm a week early).

2012 California Special Convertible / Ebony Black / 5.0 liter / MT-82 / GT500 Axle Backs with resonator delete / Steeda Tri-Ax shifter & base bushing / Airaid CAI / BMR LCAs / BMR Relocation Brackets / BMR Adjustable UCA & Bracket / BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar / Steeda Sport Springs / GT500 Strut Mounts / Koni STR.Ts / Shaker 500 with Infinity 6832CFs / Redline hood strut / Redline leather shifter & E-brake boots
J Orbit

fuel trims should never be above 10%. That means the computer is having to compensate that amount just to keep the AF ratio good. You have STFTs which are the short term adjustments the car will make to account for day to day variations but you also have LTFTs (long term) and those being high is an indication of an issue because those are the permanent adjustments the ECU is making. Basically the computer should not have to add that much fuel. Something is amiss.

My first guess would be the MAF. It needs to be calibrated.

My friend is running the 91 or 93 tune, (dontr recall, whatever the highest was) and his STFTs never got above 3% and the LTFTs were near zero on an otherwise stock car.

Unfortunatley I don't know how to calibrate the MAF on this car. I'm not familiar with the MAF curve adjustments on the intune and haven't had time to research it...well because my 'friend's' car is running great
Upload your actual datalog if possible, screen shots don't tell much.
Maybe Dan can chime in on this and why the units are all in metric!
Apprentice

How do I upload the actual datalog? I might return to stock, don't want to damage something. I emailed mike from diablosport and he said that he had his ford tuner check it out and that its fine. So I don't know?

J Orbit

Let me preface this and all future comments on the matter: I'm no expert, so I offer no warranty as to the accuracy of my adivce. Everything I know is all self-taught so I'm sure others that do this for a living can offer much better advice.

I don't know what the maximum threshold is for fuel adjustments but the whole point of fuel trims is to keep your car safe so as long as stays under that threshold you shold be safe but it's definitely not optimal.

I don't know how to pull the datalog off the tuner to upload it but I'm sure it can be done. Problem is that they use a propritary format so you can't open it in excel so only someone from diablo can view it..
Rookie

And this is why im a bit nervous!
Apprentice

I appreciate any opinions! I'm just confused as to why I'm running those values so high compared to your friend, if we both have the same tune and are otherwise stock.

J Orbit

Good info on fuel trims :
What are fuel trims all about?

Don't know man. You could have bad o2 sensors. You say your car is stock, does that mean exhaust is stock too?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page