My experience with DiabloSport and the Intune. - Page 8 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Only bad things about intune is the inability to check for knock or AFRs.

2012 Race Red GT Premium | MT82 3.31 | HID/Security | Steeda CAI | BAMA 91P | JLT Seperator | Steeda Shift Bracket | Steeda ProAction Shocks/Struts | Steeda Heavy Duty Strut Mounts | Eibach Pro-Kit (Dub) | J&M Adj. Panhard | GT500 Axle-Backs w/Resonator Delete | Ford Racing STB | American Muscle GT500 Black Machined 18x9/10 Nitto 555
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangChris810 View Post
Correct. All Bama needs to know is that you need a "DiabloSport Tune". You will send them your original backup from the car and they will make a 93 race Tune or whatever you want out of it.

Intune and Trinity basically have the same tunes. If a tuner writes tunes for one they can write tunes for the other.
If you think about it trinity is still a good buy. The only thing that our track app is good for as far as obd 2 data is the IAT and AFR. It still doesn't display fuel trims, timing advance, commanded AFR, KR, etc.. Sure you can get some of these data from intune but trinity is like having 2 aeroforce gauge with the ability to tune. In this case, the value of trinity all of a sudden looks pretty good.

Sent from Galaxy S3 using TapaHoe

2013 Deep Impact Blue Metallic MT-82 401a
DiabloSport in tune - AirAid CAI - SVT GT500 AB - Ford Racing P springs - Forgestar F14 - Roush rear/side splitters - Stillen chin splitter - CS Fascia conversion - LED fog delete - 2 much 2 list.... Official mod addict: D
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LITER_MUENSTER View Post
If you think about it trinity is still a good buy. The only thing that our track app is good for as far as obd 2 data is the IAT and AFR. It still doesn't display fuel trims, timing advance, commanded AFR, KR, etc.. Sure you can get some of these data from intune but trinity is like having 2 aeroforce gauge with the ability to tune. In this case, the value of trinity all of a sudden looks pretty good.

Sent from Galaxy S3 using TapaHoe
Or you could just buy a $15 Bluetooth OBDII adapter and use the Torque app on your phone or Tablet.

2012 Race Red GT Premium | MT82 3.31 | HID/Security | Steeda CAI | BAMA 91P | JLT Seperator | Steeda Shift Bracket | Steeda ProAction Shocks/Struts | Steeda Heavy Duty Strut Mounts | Eibach Pro-Kit (Dub) | J&M Adj. Panhard | GT500 Axle-Backs w/Resonator Delete | Ford Racing STB | American Muscle GT500 Black Machined 18x9/10 Nitto 555

post #109 of 119 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingRedGT View Post
FYI Diablo Dan said they are working on getting a Wideband PID working on the Intune. I guess it works on the Trinity, so it shouldn't be too long.

UPDATE:

I went ahead and removed the ORH pipe's from my car. The ORH pipes are just too much for me. I live in a quiet neighborhood and on a cold morning start it's just too loud for my taste. FYI they will be for sale later today in the classifieds if anyone is interested. I'll cut a deal. I just need them out of my garage at this point.

I'm installing the Diablo "93 Octane Airaid Performance" tune to try that out later. Had some problems with Bama and to be honest, now that I don't run a ORH pipe I don't really need their custom tunes. I'll post back later my thoughts on the Diablo tune. It's the most aggressive/highest performing tune the unit offers. Website says 25HP/27TQ.

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
Banned

Quote:
I was told by Dan and Brian, the Ford tuner, that they are working on it. You'll use Data Viewer to veiw the inTune datalogs.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
FYI Diablo Dan said they are working on getting a Wideband PID working on the Intune. I guess it works on the Trinity, so it shouldn't be too long.

UPDATE:

I went ahead and removed the ORH pipe's from my car. The ORH pipes are just too much for me. I live in a quiet neighborhood and on a cold morning start it's just too loud for my taste. FYI they will be for sale later today in the classifieds if anyone is interested. I'll cut a deal. I just need them out of my garage at this point.

I'm installing the Diablo "93 Octane Airaid Performance" tune to try that out later. Had some problems with Bama and to be honest, now that I don't run a ORH pipe I don't really need their custom tunes. I'll post back later my thoughts on the Diablo tune. It's the most aggressive/highest performing tune the unit offers. Website says 25HP/27TQ.
Can't wait to hear your opinion with the airaid tune

DiabloSport in tune - AirAid CAI - SVT GT500 AB - Ford Racing P springs - Forgestar F14 - Roush rear/side splitters - Stillen chin splitter - CS Fascia conversion - LED fog delete - 2 much 2 list.... Official mod addict: D
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Or you could just buy a $15 Bluetooth OBDII adapter and use the Torque app on your phone or Tablet.
The only problem with the torque app is that no one so far is able to monitor KR. Other than that, torque app is awesome.

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I will be looking at the classifieds

2012 v6 6MT: 32kmiles
Current: Air Raid CAI, Diablosport intune, FRPP sport axle backs, Strut tower brace, 3.7 emblems, eibach adjustable sway bars, J&M lower control arms, 3.55 frpp gears, axle exchange aluminum drive shaft, 19 inch BBP wheel set up
wants:no more issues
2002 mazda miata 5MT "track rat
Future" Custom valved and springs Fat cat motorsports, 9LB wheels, toyo proxxs r888, turbo pushing 250whp, sparco seats, custom roll bar
post #114 of 119 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Ran the Diablo "93 Airaid Performance" tune today. I adjusted the rev limiter to 7300 because that's all I need to get through the 1/4 mile if I ever make it back to the strip. Anyway, I like it. The car runs great, idles well, NO pinging anywhere in the RPM band. Nothing bad to say about the tune! The only thing I wish it did was get rid of the skip shift. I hate skip shift. I might just have to search AFM and find out how to unplug it that way it's just gone no matter what. I put about 40 miles on the car today with this setup and I like it! The Airaid intake let's a nice growl out from under the hood too. It's funny because it's not exhaust noise, it's engine noise and it sounds soooooo good. I'm completely satisfied thus far with the stock exhaust and the Intune/Airaid combo.

Good job Diablo! For a "canned tuner" this thing works well. Now just disable the skip-shift on 2011-2012 Mustang GT's and the Intune will be about perfect

Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
PONY Member

Quote:
Now just disable the skip-shift on 2011-2012 Mustang GT's and the Intune will be about perfect
Here ya go ..... https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...kip-shift.html

2012 California Special Convertible / Ebony Black / 5.0 liter / MT-82 / GT500 Axle Backs with resonator delete / Steeda Tri-Ax shifter & base bushing / Airaid CAI / BMR LCAs / BMR Relocation Brackets / BMR Adjustable UCA & Bracket / BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar / Steeda Sport Springs / GT500 Strut Mounts / Koni STR.Ts / Shaker 500 with Infinity 6832CFs / Redline hood strut / Redline leather shifter & E-brake boots
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Ran the Diablo "93 Airaid Performance" tune today. I adjusted the rev limiter to 7300 because that's all I need to get through the 1/4 mile if I ever make it back to the strip. Anyway, I like it. The car runs great, idles well, NO pinging anywhere in the RPM band. Nothing bad to say about the tune! The only thing I wish it did was get rid of the skip shift. I hate skip shift. I might just have to search AFM and find out how to unplug it that way it's just gone no matter what. I put about 40 miles on the car today with this setup and I like it! The Airaid intake let's a nice growl out from under the hood too. It's funny because it's not exhaust noise, it's engine noise and it sounds soooooo good. I'm completely satisfied thus far with the stock exhaust and the Intune/Airaid combo.

Good job Diablo! For a "canned tuner" this thing works well. Now just disable the skip-shift on 2011-2012 Mustang GT's and the Intune will be about perfect
So how would you compare this tune vs SCT tune you had?

You have a manual right? Do you notice any more drive train slop such as thumping or clunk when getting on or off the gas in 6th gear during highway cruise?

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LITER_MUENSTER View Post
So how would you compare this tune vs SCT tune you had?

You have a manual right? Do you notice any more drive train slop such as thumping or clunk when getting on or off the gas in 6th gear during highway cruise?
Imo a tuner will not change that jus sayin

2012 v6 6MT: 32kmiles
Current: Air Raid CAI, Diablosport intune, FRPP sport axle backs, Strut tower brace, 3.7 emblems, eibach adjustable sway bars, J&M lower control arms, 3.55 frpp gears, axle exchange aluminum drive shaft, 19 inch BBP wheel set up
wants:no more issues
2002 mazda miata 5MT "track rat
Future" Custom valved and springs Fat cat motorsports, 9LB wheels, toyo proxxs r888, turbo pushing 250whp, sparco seats, custom roll bar
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangkid9234 View Post
Imo a tuner will not change that jus sayin
A tune doesn't change "drive train slop" but sometimes a poorly written tune, aggressive TPS setting, or simply if the car had drive train slop to begin with can make excessive slop come alive. I have a 2013 manual GT. Drive train slop didn't come to mind until I installed procal. Took the procal back off and she is as smooth as she always been.

post #119 of 119 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Thanks for the link. I'm going to un-plug the skip shift this weekend. Looks like I can get to it by using the ramps.

I'm satisfied. I already found a local buyer for the ORH pipe and of course my car is running strong. No complaints.

I don't notice anymore back-lash or clunk from the drive train, although that's not saying much as these cars have quite a bit from the factory. The throttle response is much improved, but not to the point where it's jerking things around. It's a good compromise.

Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page