Ford Mustang Forum banner

Decision on GT/CS or Ordered Mustang

4K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  bhzmafia14 
#1 ·
Here's the issue at hand...the '13 SGM GT Premium I ordered back in late September is still sitting in Michigan. I heard from one of the regional Ford managers today and he told me they would get back to me next Friday. The ETA on my car was 11/7 and no one can tell me when the car will be on a train.

Now, I did a little research today around the city to check out some other Mustangs currently in stock at dealerships. I found a Black '13 GT/CS with remote start and comfort package with an MSRP of $39,280. The '13 SGM GT Premium I ordered had an MSRP of $39,980 with the brembo package and glass roof.

The upside of getting the GT/CS...I can use the $1,500 cash back deal since the vehicle is already in stock + my graduate discount + could probably knock the price down a little more to around $34-35K. The exterior mods I was going to make on my premium are already on the GT/CS. The main mods I would end up making would be suspension, exhaust, wheels and maybe brakes later.

To sum things up, I feel like I will end up saving more money by getting a car that's already in stock, not to mention its the CS. Its in black, which was my 2nd favorite color. My plan was to go look at the vehicle in the morning, test drive it and see what kinda deal I could work out. If its a good deal, I'll call the other dealership and let them know I'm canceling.

What do you guys think? This is with me factoring in my SGM ordered Mustang probably would not be at my dealership for another few weeks.

See less See more
#2 ·
I would get the CS in a heartbeat! In black it looks awesome too; obviously that's what I went for hehehe...
Here is a little video I did when I tried a black 13 GT/CS, it might help your choice... Good luck, but if I was you, I'l go for it! Work on the price tho... :bigthumbsup
2013 Ford Mustang GT California Special - YouTube

#3 ·
niceeeee!

if you don't mind me asking, how much were you able to get yours for?

#4 ·
I got mine for a little over $35K. That's taxes included and I have HIDs, Security, and Comfort for options.

#29 ·
i believe you get any rebates available when the ordered car is delivered...i dont see the 1500 going away any time soon...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
I total agree with this... When I ordered my 2011 GT\CS and received it late 2010 the dealer gave me every rebate available...
But then I made a big mistake and sold to a friend a year later...:kooky:

#6 ·
Not trying to sway you but heres one side of the argument.

You put time into placing the order, choosing particular options and colors and now because it's not here yet you want to cop out and settle for something less then what you originally wanted.
The question you have to ask yourself is,
" Is having the exact car I want/ordered worth the wait?"

Just to add
"theres nothing like seeing your name on the window sticker". :bigthumbsup

#8 ·
Its always best to get the car you wanted in the begining. Why else would you have ordered? Don't worry about the rebates they will be there when your car arrives.

G
#9 ·
Is this even a question?

Please, C/T owners, don't freak out.

But you've ordered a Brembo/Glass roof car, exactly the color and options you want, and you would settle for a car that has a little bit of style, and would be missing a whole bunch of performance (Brembo Pkg.) because you can't be patient?

Exterior mods are pretty silly... just us kids being kids with our cars....looks and no substance.

The Brembo wheels/tires/brakes/suspension? And the Glass Roof? Those are "must-haves" in my book, that have to come from the factory.

G
#11 ·
In what way? Either can be turned into the other......and I'd bet it would be more expensive to turn a CS into a Brembo, rather than the other way around.

Oh, and no coupe can be modded into a glass-roof car.....by any sane person.

#13 ·
You all make great points. Maybe I should mention this:

- I was gonna upgrade the suspension with both vehicles.
- I was gonna change the wheels and tires for each vehicle

The brembos would've had better resell value though and I would've already had the brakes, whereas I would have to buy for the CS. The CS authenticity offsets the glass roof. You don't see many. I have yet to see either one in Memphis.

So, I guess the way to look at is that on the SGM, I would virtually do the same thing to the CS but add more exterior mods. On the CS, the only additional thing I would be adding are the brakes.

#14 ·
Why not just get whatever car you want?

The whole GT/CS vs Brembo crap has been going around forever. If you don't track your car, the Brembo or Track package is a waste...especially if you're doing aftermarket work to your suspension down the road. Likewise, you can turn any Mustang into a GT/CS (looking, at least) if you buy the right aftermarket parts.

Honestly, just get what you want. You can always modify it later to make it exactly what you want. Minus the glass roof of course...you should really get that from the factory because it's awesome.

#18 ·
Get the CS, mine was just about 32k btw with no security but comfort pack, you can work them down with the current rebates and make sure to get the $750 brochure if that's still available.

#19 ·
Or, if you can wait...order a 2014 GT/CS exactly how you want it. Any Mustang you choose is going to be great...but you are the one living with it. Pick what you want!

#20 ·
So, I went up to the dealer yesterday afternoon and fell in love with car at first sight! This was my first time seeing the GT/CS in person and was amazed. The entire car (even the stripes) was sex on wheels. I took it for a test drive and it was crazy the amount of attention people was giving me on the streets.

To make a long story short, I ended up buying the car. I got the price I wanted after negotiating for about 45 mins to an hour. Luckily, its been really nice in Memphis this weekend and I've had a blast with the vehicle. I should have some pics up sometime tomorrow. I've been so busy enjoying the car that I haven't really had time :D

I called my other dealer and explained to him that I just was not happy with the service of the vehicle I ordered and wanted to cancel. He definitely understood and I'm sure they will not have a problem selling it when it comes in.

First mod will probably be tint and getting the Boss side exhaust with either a roush or gt500 axleback. Then, the eibach pro system suspension upgrade and the brembo GT500 big brake system upgrade.

G
#23 ·
So, I went up to the dealer yesterday afternoon and fell in love with car at first sight! This was my first time seeing the GT/CS in person and was amazed. The entire car (even the stripes) was sex on wheels. I took it for a test drive and it was crazy the amount of attention people was giving me on the streets.

To make a long story short, I ended up buying the car.
Congrats on your new ride, bhzmafia14. I’m happy as long as you’re happy! Enjoy it. :bigthumbsup

Deysha

#21 ·
I'm actually with glock on this one.

Wait for the car you ordered. It puts all the time you have already waited to waste, and the mind that ordered the car and thought over it for the last xx weeks probably has better judgment of what you want than the mind you have now.

Edit: never mind lol

#22 ·
Congratulations bhzmafia14, told you that black CS would get you! :gringreen It really is an awesome Mustang! :bigthumbsup
May I ask how much you got it for? (tax included of course) Make sure you post some pics of that beast! :shigrin

#24 ·
Yea, you was right :D

$35K even out the door. The dealer changed his offer like 4 times lol. I spent about 3 hours in the dealership because there were about 3-4 people ahead of me trying to finance their vehicles.

I got a few pics on my phone, but just haven't had time to upload them. I've been busy every since I got the car. No chance to just go cruising with no particular destination in mind, yet. That will change in a few days though. :bounce2:

Thanks Deysha! I'm very happy!

#25 ·
Great deal I think, we got ours at about the same price. I did also spend a long time in the dealership, gotta work that price down hehe...
If you're interested about having a Ford Mustang GT California Special Certificate of Authenticity click on that link it's a nice touch for a special Mustang. (See the pic of mine below) The 2013s are not available yet, but it will be soon. :bigthumbsup Enjoy your Mustang, but don't forget a few pics when you get a chance... :shigrin

Attachments

#28 ·
Great deal I think, we got ours at about the same price. I did also spend a long time in the dealership, gotta work that price down hehe...
If you're interested about having a Ford Mustang GT California Special Certificate of Authenticity click on that link it's a nice touch for a special Mustang. (See the pic of mine below) The 2013s are not available yet, but it will be soon. :bigthumbsup Enjoy your Mustang, but don't forget a few pics when you get a chance... :shigrin
I will definitely have to do this. :)

#31 ·

I was finally able to take a few iPhone pics. I washed and waxed the car early this morning before all the Thanksgiving festivities began. I'm loving the car more and more every day. Roush axlebacks are on the way and I'm headed to the tint shop Saturday morning.

edit:

I wonder why the pics are not showing up. You can still see it by right clicking the image, but I know there's another way lol.

I'll just post the links for the time being..

http://tinypic.com/r/1ta0ra/6
http://tinypic.com/r/107mkpc/6
http://tinypic.com/r/33otf1l/6

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.