Decision on GT/CS or Ordered Mustang
Here's the issue at hand...the '13 SGM GT Premium I ordered back in late September is still sitting in Michigan. I heard from one of the regional Ford managers today and he told me they would get back to me next Friday. The ETA on my car was 11/7 and no one can tell me when the car will be on a train.
Now, I did a little research today around the city to check out some other Mustangs currently in stock at dealerships. I found a Black '13 GT/CS with remote start and comfort package with an MSRP of $39,280. The '13 SGM GT Premium I ordered had an MSRP of $39,980 with the brembo package and glass roof.
The upside of getting the GT/CS...I can use the $1,500 cash back deal since the vehicle is already in stock + my graduate discount + could probably knock the price down a little more to around $34-35K. The exterior mods I was going to make on my premium are already on the GT/CS. The main mods I would end up making would be suspension, exhaust, wheels and maybe brakes later.
To sum things up, I feel like I will end up saving more money by getting a car that's already in stock, not to mention its the CS. Its in black, which was my 2nd favorite color. My plan was to go look at the vehicle in the morning, test drive it and see what kinda deal I could work out. If its a good deal, I'll call the other dealership and let them know I'm canceling.
What do you guys think? This is with me factoring in my SGM ordered Mustang probably would not be at my dealership for another few weeks.
2013 Ford Mustang GT/CS White - Bought on 01/19/2013 - Electronics Package, Comfort Package, Upgraded Shaker Stereo System, Roush A/B's
2013 Ford Mustang GT/CS Black - Bought on 11/17/12 - Totaled on 12/30/2012
1998 Ford Mustang 3.8L White - Flowmaster 40's, custom O/R X-Pipe, 19" Saleen wheels staggered set, more power/handling/acceleration mods soon (daily driver)