Decision on GT/CS or Ordered Mustang - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Decision on GT/CS or Ordered Mustang

Here's the issue at hand...the '13 SGM GT Premium I ordered back in late September is still sitting in Michigan. I heard from one of the regional Ford managers today and he told me they would get back to me next Friday. The ETA on my car was 11/7 and no one can tell me when the car will be on a train.

Now, I did a little research today around the city to check out some other Mustangs currently in stock at dealerships. I found a Black '13 GT/CS with remote start and comfort package with an MSRP of $39,280. The '13 SGM GT Premium I ordered had an MSRP of $39,980 with the brembo package and glass roof.

The upside of getting the GT/CS...I can use the $1,500 cash back deal since the vehicle is already in stock + my graduate discount + could probably knock the price down a little more to around $34-35K. The exterior mods I was going to make on my premium are already on the GT/CS. The main mods I would end up making would be suspension, exhaust, wheels and maybe brakes later.

To sum things up, I feel like I will end up saving more money by getting a car that's already in stock, not to mention its the CS. Its in black, which was my 2nd favorite color. My plan was to go look at the vehicle in the morning, test drive it and see what kinda deal I could work out. If its a good deal, I'll call the other dealership and let them know I'm canceling.

What do you guys think? This is with me factoring in my SGM ordered Mustang probably would not be at my dealership for another few weeks.

2013 Ford Mustang GT/CS White - Bought on 01/19/2013 - Electronics Package, Comfort Package, Upgraded Shaker Stereo System, Roush A/B's

2013 Ford Mustang GT/CS Black - Bought on 11/17/12 - Totaled on 12/30/2012

1998 Ford Mustang 3.8L White - Flowmaster 40's, custom O/R X-Pipe, 19" Saleen wheels staggered set, more power/handling/acceleration mods soon (daily driver)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I would get the CS in a heartbeat! In black it looks awesome too; obviously that's what I went for hehehe...
Here is a little video I did when I tried a black 13 GT/CS, it might help your choice... Good luck, but if I was you, I'l go for it! Work on the price tho...
2013 Ford Mustang GT California Special - YouTube

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt Cowboy View Post
I would get the CS in a heartbeat! In black it looks awesome too; obviously that's what I went for hehehe...
Here is a little video I did when I tried a black 13 GT/CS, it might help your choice... Good luck, but if I was you, I'l go for it! Work on the price tho...
2013 Ford Mustang GT California Special - YouTube
niceeeee!

if you don't mind me asking, how much were you able to get yours for?

2013 Ford Mustang GT/CS White - Bought on 01/19/2013 - Electronics Package, Comfort Package, Upgraded Shaker Stereo System, Roush A/B's

1998 Ford Mustang 3.8L White - Flowmaster 40's, custom O/R X-Pipe, 19" Saleen wheels staggered set, more power/handling/acceleration mods soon (daily driver)

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I got mine for a little over $35K. That's taxes included and I have HIDs, Security, and Comfort for options.

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012
PONY Member

i believe you get any rebates available when the ordered car is delivered...i dont see the 1500 going away any time soon...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012
Apprentice
S197 Member

Not trying to sway you but heres one side of the argument.

You put time into placing the order, choosing particular options and colors and now because it's not here yet you want to cop out and settle for something less then what you originally wanted.
The question you have to ask yourself is,
" Is having the exact car I want/ordered worth the wait?"

Just to add
"theres nothing like seeing your name on the window sticker".

Craig
2012 GT 300A Lava Red Metallic, Brembo's, 3.73's, Build date 6/17/11
372 RWHP, 354 RWTQ ; GT500 AB's, MGW
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012
5POINTO

Get the GT/CS, they are much less common. I love mine.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012
GT Member

Its always best to get the car you wanted in the begining. Why else would you have ordered? Don't worry about the rebates they will be there when your car arrives.

2011 Red Candy /build 2/1/11/ 401A
MT with Redline MTL/ Brembos/355's/glass roof
Shaker 1000/Scoops/Clear bra/Steeda UCA and PH bar
Redline hood lifts/Bilsteins with Ford Racing P springs & axle bks
UPR catch can/whiteline kdt928/MGW shifter with Epco ball
Shaftmasters DS/BMR loop & relocation brackets
Nitto 555 G2's/Steeda jack rails
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012
glock22357

Is this even a question?

Please, C/T owners, don't freak out.

But you've ordered a Brembo/Glass roof car, exactly the color and options you want, and you would settle for a car that has a little bit of style, and would be missing a whole bunch of performance (Brembo Pkg.) because you can't be patient?

Exterior mods are pretty silly... just us kids being kids with our cars....looks and no substance.

The Brembo wheels/tires/brakes/suspension? And the Glass Roof? Those are "must-haves" in my book, that have to come from the factory.
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

A CS can be moded to become a Brembo. Brembo cannot be moded to become CS.
glock22357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarhighstang View Post
A CS can be moded to become a Brembo. Brembo cannot be moded to become CS.
In what way? Either can be turned into the other......and I'd bet it would be more expensive to turn a CS into a Brembo, rather than the other way around.

Oh, and no coupe can be modded into a glass-roof car.....by any sane person.
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock22357 View Post
In what way? Either can be turned into the other......and I'd bet it would be more expensive to turn a CS into a Brembo, rather than the other way around.

Oh, and no coupe can be modded into a glass-roof car.....by any sane person.
This is why.
Ford Mustang GT California Special Certificate of Authenticity
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

You all make great points. Maybe I should mention this:

- I was gonna upgrade the suspension with both vehicles.
- I was gonna change the wheels and tires for each vehicle

The brembos would've had better resell value though and I would've already had the brakes, whereas I would have to buy for the CS. The CS authenticity offsets the glass roof. You don't see many. I have yet to see either one in Memphis.

So, I guess the way to look at is that on the SGM, I would virtually do the same thing to the CS but add more exterior mods. On the CS, the only additional thing I would be adding are the brakes.

PONY Member

Why not just get whatever car you want?

The whole GT/CS vs Brembo crap has been going around forever. If you don't track your car, the Brembo or Track package is a waste...especially if you're doing aftermarket work to your suspension down the road. Likewise, you can turn any Mustang into a GT/CS (looking, at least) if you buy the right aftermarket parts.

Honestly, just get what you want. You can always modify it later to make it exactly what you want. Minus the glass roof of course...you should really get that from the factory because it's awesome.

2013 Mustang GT - 402A GT/CS - 6R80 - Glass Roof - Engine Block Heater - SGM Exterior - CB/Miko Interior

Steeda Adjustable PHB (Street) and Steeda PH Brace, Stainless Works Retro Catback Exhaust...
glock22357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarhighstang View Post
Gotcha..........

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page