About to upgrade to the 13 GT - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I take a back road on the way home even though it's a little longer to enjoy the curves and scenery. One day last year a GB 5.0 passed me going the other way and I have to say the color really pops. You will know for sure once you see it in person if it's for you.

I'd also see if you can find a model that has the Recaros, worth a turn behind the wheel to see if you like them. I don't really miss the power adj. that my wife's '11 GT has.

Track pack is a nice to have in case you are planning on attending some events, and it really shouldn't lose that much value on resale. As someone else pointed out, the most noticeable thing you would get with this is the 3.73 gears. They really add to 'get off the line' feel w/o that big a sacrifice in MPG. For times when you want an easy start from a stop, the engine easily allows you to skip 1st and start in 2nd gear with just a little more RPM.

+1 on the GT500 axle backs, they sound great, but if you feel the need to spend more than twice as much, I've heard a lot of positive feedback for Corsas.

For other mods, consider sound tube delete (makes checking your oil 10x easier and remove ugliness), hood struts, and an MGW shifter - huge difference.

Good like finding your new Mustang!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckk9 View Post
Thanks deysha. I'm currently talking with a dealer in San Antonio on my options. I will be moving terr in a week and a half and there are a ton of deers around that Area so I should have some options hopefully. Thanks for the input guys. I love the GB. It is my top choice but I wanna see the others in person. I was debating waiting for the 14 but the back end looks bigger IMO and not appealing.
Great! Ill be here if you need me, Buckk9.

Deysha

post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

I'm thinking I'm going with grabber blue. I also listened to sound clips and the Roush axle backs sound better than the gt500 IMO. I'm also going to skip the track package but still get the 3.73. I drove a cs the other day, would have gotten it but it was black and dirty as all hell. Had the 3.73 and that awesome seats. I'm gonna have to look for these in Texas.

07 mustang gt supercharged. 531 rwhp

Sold. 2013 GT premium candy red metallic. Roush phase 2 SC 473 rwhp and 409 torque. SVE drifts with 18x9 front and 18x10 back and nitto 555. Flow master exhaust

GT Member

Quote:
I'm thinking I'm going with grabber blue. I also listened to sound clips and the Roush axle backs sound better than the gt500 IMO. I'm also going to skip the track package but still get the 3.73. I drove a cs the other day, would have gotten it but it was black and dirty as all hell. Had the 3.73 and that awesome seats. I'm gonna have to look for these in Texas.
The Roushes def sound better, but some of us wanted a quieter exhaust and it is much more expensive, although they are on sale quite a lot. Hence GT500s.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Def changing the shifter. I banged through the gears on my test drive and found third difficult to go to quick. Anyone put the mgw shifter in yet? I'm def stoked about getting this car. I really do want the 3.73's.

Sold. 2013 GT premium candy red metallic. Roush phase 2 SC 473 rwhp and 409 torque. SVE drifts with 18x9 front and 18x10 back and nitto 555. Flow master exhaust
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Is the recaro the leather and suede?

PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Is the recaro the leather and suede?
Only the shelby and boss come with the alacantara inserts on the recaros I believe. The base model GT will come with cloth covered recaros, and the premium has the leather recaros without the alacantara inserts. I have the premium leather recaros and they are awesome.

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

The cs I drove the other day had the leather and what felt like suede.

GT Member
S197 Member

Hot pink or nothing

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
GT Member

Quote:
Def changing the shifter. I banged through the gears on my test drive and found third difficult to go to quick. Anyone put the mgw shifter in yet? I'm def stoked about getting this car. I really do want the 3.73's.
I highly recommend breaking it in for a good 5000 miles before plopping cash on a shifter. I was thinking about it as well, and then decided not to after 12000 km. Although the 3.73s would be nice, I don't recommend for a daily.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page