2013 mustang auto d&b - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

2013 mustang auto d&b

i need 13' mustang owners out there input on how well the automatic transmission do on donuts and burnouts. i dont know if the rumors are true but i heard 13' mustang with auto cant perform these task due to rpm staying below 2k.

13' GT Black, Auto, Roush A/B, Whiteline PHB & Brace, Boss 302 Tower Brace, Michelin PSS, Alpine 10" S Type Sub,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012
PONY Member

I'm not sure who has been telling you...but there are no problems.

Put the loud pedal down and tear the tires off at your own risk. Just make sure to turn Traction Control and/or Advance Trac off first.

2013 Mustang GT - 402A GT/CS - 6R80 - Glass Roof - Engine Block Heater - SGM Exterior - CB/Miko Interior

Steeda Adjustable PHB (Street) and Steeda PH Brace, Stainless Works Retro Catback Exhaust...
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012
PONY Member

Well i have 13 auto 5.0 and a few weeks back i turn off those 2 things off nd tried doing a burn out and i couldn't rev passed 2k rpm not still smoked tires but not like i wanted it to. Im sure any tune and fix this rmp problem. Also that same day i did another burnout letting off the brake turning the wheels i lost control doing a 180 spin still keeping my foot on gas as the car was going backwards still smoking the tires now going forward. Yep rookie mistake. Car has ton of power and felt like i slipped on a banana peel lol.

names Alex
2013 premium GT race red, order 3/23/12 ,doa 5/3/12
roush axle backs,pypes x pipe,resonator deletes, jlt oil catch can,20% tint, sr pc blk strut tower bar, painted engine bay and airaid cai, 93R] Bama tune, full roush splitters,cs rear diffuser,stillen gen 1 chin splitter, am black billet hidden fog light grille.Ford p springs, koni Orange struts, shocks, gt500 mounts, eibach sways, umi lca+reloc brak, 19x9.5 sve pc gloss blk wheels, cooper ra3 275/40/19 tires

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsuave View Post
Well i have 13 auto 5.0 and a few weeks back i turn off those 2 things off nd tried doing a burn out and i couldn't rev passed 2k rpm not still smoked tires but not like i wanted it to. Im sure any tune and fix this rmp problem. Also that same day i did another burnout letting off the brake turning the wheels i lost control doing a 180 spin still keeping my foot on gas as the car was going backwards still smoking the tires now going forward. Yep rookie mistake. Car has ton of power and felt like i slipped on a banana peel lol.
is there a tune out there? a pony car that cant d&b is not a pony

13' GT Black, Auto, Roush A/B, Whiteline PHB & Brace, Boss 302 Tower Brace, Michelin PSS, Alpine 10" S Type Sub,
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012
PONY Member

Their are bama tunes from am for the 13 auto. But i did wanted to ask them if they are aware of this low rev rpm problem. While back i asked if you can pass emissions with the tune on with bolt ons. You'll pass as long as you still have the cats on and not the race tune in use. At this point i just wanna enjoy the car. Im thinking spring time supercharge it but still undecided?

names Alex
roush axle backs,pypes x pipe,resonator deletes, jlt oil catch can,20% tint, sr pc blk strut tower bar, painted engine bay and airaid cai, 93R] Bama tune, full roush splitters,cs rear diffuser,stillen gen 1 chin splitter, am black billet hidden fog light grille.Ford p springs, koni Orange struts, shocks, gt500 mounts, eibach sways, umi lca+reloc brak, 19x9.5 sve pc gloss blk wheels, cooper ra3 275/40/19 tires
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012
PONY Member

Eh?

I'm completely lost on that one. Do you know how to do a burnout? I'm not trying to be an ass here, but seriously, do you?

There are cars with half the HP/TQ that can light em' up just as easy.

OP - There are no problems with the Mustang laying rubber. The CAR is capable, at least...

2013 Mustang GT - 402A GT/CS - 6R80 - Glass Roof - Engine Block Heater - SGM Exterior - CB/Miko Interior

Steeda Adjustable PHB (Street) and Steeda PH Brace, Stainless Works Retro Catback Exhaust...
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012
PONY Member

Op the new 13 autos limits ur rev when doing a burnout not sure why but in sure a tune or set of gears can change that.to answer your ? If i know how to do a born out you tell me with this video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTSi...e_gdata_player https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcgU...e_gdata_player i been doing thus since 2005 each year i get a best burnout trophy..

names Alex
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012
5POINTO

With my '11 6R80 I have no issues with TC/AT off. Big powerbrake burnout, punch it burnout, powerslide burnout, whatever. It will lay down tons of rubber if you want it to.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsuave View Post
Their are bama tunes from am for the 13 auto. But i did wanted to ask them if they are aware of this low rev rpm problem. While back i asked if you can pass emissions with the tune on with bolt ons. You'll pass as long as you still have the cats on and not the race tune in use. At this point i just wanna enjoy the car. Im thinking spring time supercharge it but still undecided?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
Eh?

I'm completely lost on that one. Do you know how to do a burnout? I'm not trying to be an ass here, but seriously, do you?

There are cars with half the HP/TQ that can light em' up just as easy.

OP - There are no problems with the Mustang laying rubber. The CAR is capable, at least...

There actually is an inconsistent random "problem" that we've discovered both the 2013 v6 or 5.0 auto Mustangs. Just as someone already mentioned, it limits your rpms to 2k or less. However, we have found a fix for this in the factory PCM and include the fix on all of our Bama tunes for 2013 autos. So, if you're interested in rippin' huge smokey burnouts and picking up a solid & safe power gains through the power band, I'd be happy to help you guys out with a custom Bama SF3 tuner!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Maybe that was one of the trade-offs required to turn the automatic into a make-believe manual.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe Performance White 6R80 HID 64M Wheels Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set Ohio's Horses License Plate Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
There actually is an inconsistent random "problem" that we've discovered both the 2013 v6 or 5.0 auto Mustangs. Just as someone already mentioned, it limits your rpms to 2k or less. However, we have found a fix for this in the factory PCM and include the fix on all of our Bama tunes for 2013 autos. So, if you're interested in rippin' huge smokey burnouts and picking up a solid & safe power gains through the power band, I'd be happy to help you guys out with a custom Bama SF3 tuner!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Shane
ah you beat me to it, actually saw a question on the bama product page stating this will fix the issue. btw does this fix donuts too?

PONY Member

Well, excuse me!

I've never had that issue with my car. Doesn't matter if the brake is on or off or what I'm doing. I just turn everything off and go to town.

Thanks for correcting me. I honestly had no idea...and for complete honesty, it just sounded like a bunch of BS, Hahaha!

Either way...that's odd. I wonder why some do it and some don't?

PONY Member

And Shane. You and Dan get back to me about those RTR wheels/tires, damnit! I've sent a million PM's!

Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkawak View Post
ah you beat me to it, actually saw a question on the bama product page stating this will fix the issue. btw does this fix donuts too?

Sure does! It will drive like it's just you and the engine. No electronic resistance (assuming the TC is off)!

Shane

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
And Shane. You and Dan get back to me about those RTR wheels/tires, damnit! I've sent a million PM's!

Just did! Sorry for the delay. Things have been crazy here with Black Friday coming!

Shane

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page