Bah - First time pulled over - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

If you have the stock license plate bracket then just connect that to your bottom grill with some butterfly bolts you get at lowes or home depot youll be fine. you can also choose where to mount it and once its secured, it wont budge unless you want it to. I did it on my old mustang and on my new 2013 and have had no problems whatsoever.

But if you have a open bottom grill then you can just use an L-bracket and mount that into the bottom of your stang, much like the craig bracket.

2013 Mustang V6 - BORLA Atak + CAI by Dm Design, on Flickr

2013 Mustang V6 by Dm Design, on Flickr

I also did it with my old mustang ...

Stang... by Dm Design, on Flickr

2013 Mustang V6 - Black
Performance Mods
C&L CAI, BORLA LT Headers, Borla X-Pipe with Hi-Flow Cats , Pypes Resonators, Borla Atack Axle Backs, SCT X3 with 93 Octane Performance STAGE 3 MPT Ghost Cam Tune, Steeda Short throw shifter, Hurst Pistle Grip Knob.

Youtube: RCKTPNY Instagram: danyal_meyer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

most states no front plate is a non moving violation so it will not increase your insurance and first offense is usually a fix it ticket..

but its like a $50 ticket...so if look at it, if i get pulled over every couple of years for it, ill look at it as no front plate membershio dues ;-)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

GT Member

Funny thing about front plates. I used to keep mine in the back seat. Then when ever i got pulled over i would take it from the back seat and place it in the windshield.

The charge is: "Drive motor vehicle failure to display two plates"

I would not get the ticket because i would tell them i am in fact "displaying two plates", which they technically could not argue against. Nor did they want to waste their time.

"Its being displayed right here in the windshield along side my other plate which is displayed at the back of the vehicle."

Its worked several times, but I eventually got a no drill bracket and put it on as to not keep getting pulled over.

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B

SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I got 3 tickets for not having a front license plate, before I gave up and got one. I'm used to it now...

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
GT Member

It's a good trick to have the plate on from birth, takes a lot of the pain out of it.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
PONY Member

You could also trim the plate size a little around the edges, and then put a slight convex curve from top to bottom on it. This way, it would fit without a holder in the bottom grille.

Tim

Mustang base coupe, V6, manual transmission, Red Candy tint, performance package.

Upgrades: DSS aluminum driveshaft, BMR LCA's, Yukon 3.73 gears, MGW shifter.

Displaying 3.7 fender badges is like telling everyone your wife is "office hot."

GT Member
S197 Member

Like most cops they are all different. Some only care if your speeding or street racing or killing someone. Then you have the cops that ticket you for having a head light out. I have 5% tint LM1s with a off road x pipe so my car should be getting tickets out the ass. I pass cops all the time they look and do nothing. I'm sure one cop on a bad day will nail me for to much noise, no cats and tint
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Just wondering. What happens when you own a car in a state that does not require a front plate and you travel to a state that does require one. Can you be ticketed for not having a front plate?

Rob

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboStang View Post
Just wondering. What happens when you own a car in a state that does not require a front plate and you travel to a state that does require one. Can you be ticketed for not having a front plate?

Rob
if your car is registerd in a state that does not require front plates then thats the rules that apply to your car where ever its at. i used to get hasseled all the time in missouri for not having a front plate when i drove through the gate at work. all i had to do was tell them its registered in kansas and they dont require front plates and they left me alone.
Banned

I like the plate that deploys electrically. As your getting pulled over, hit the switch. Then tell the cop he must be mistaken.
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Manystangs View Post
haven't you ever watched "Cops"...dude they look for any reason to stop people, it's known as "fishing" and then they look for bigger stuff once you are stopped
Have you heard 80% of crimes in NYC are done by people wearing Yankees hats? Guess who they harass? Not the Mets fans
And you were a cop where and when Andre?.. Just upping the post count with your nonsense again. Remember that when you need help and call a police officer for help.
MACH I Member

In Germany front plates are mandatory. Hate it, but it is what it is.

Here's a funny story: I actually got pulled over once, in a BMW that I owned, because my front plate had fallen off (or someone took it--I really don't know what happened to it) and I didn't even notice it was gone. Anyway, the German cop told me to remove the rear plate and put it on the front. I must have looked at him like he had a dic* growing out of his forehead because he took the time to explain it to me.

He explained to me that because 99% of the speeding tickets in Germany are caught on camera and the camera always takes the picture from the front. If there was no plate then they wouldn't know who to ticket.

True story!

Anyway, I'm using a Graig's Bracket here on my Mustang and it works great. Even with these Ginormous plates.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegt2012 View Post
I like the plate that deploys electrically. As your getting pulled over, hit the switch. Then tell the cop he must be mistaken.
Does such a miraculous thing even exist?! lol

2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 GT/CS | Red Candy | Manual | MCA Edition | Premium Leather | Glass Roof Option | Security Package

Painted Shelby Stripes | Black "GT" Fuel Door | Retro Chrome handle on Short Shifter | Borla S-Type Axleback Exhaust
GT Member
V6 Member

If it's requied by law just put it on. I don't really worry too much about how it looks and I certainly don't want to give the cops a lame excuse to pull me over.

2012 Kona Blue V6 6MT Pony package. 2.73 rear end, comfort package, Charcoal leather interior.

Driving it since 5/09/2011

Mods: Ford Mustang STB, Epco Rally stripe shifter ball, AFE non-oiled Air filter, Airaid mid pipe, GT500 Splash Guards, Ford Racing Rear Sway bar links and bushing kit, BMR rear LCA's, Bilstein monotube shocks, Eibach Pro-kit Springs.
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Ya, I placed the order for it already. Now to see if he finds me again before it arrives

2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 GT/CS | Red Candy | Manual | MCA Edition | Premium Leather | Glass Roof Option | Security Package

Painted Shelby Stripes | Black "GT" Fuel Door | Retro Chrome handle on Short Shifter | Borla S-Type Axleback Exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page