Bah - First time pulled over - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I've always found it strange that some states require plates on front and rear but they do not issue stickers for them. Instead you have to get one on the windshield. I understand their reasoning but it's still a little weird to me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YerBuddysPony View Post
In Germany front plates are mandatory. Hate it, but it is what it is.

Here's a funny story: I actually got pulled over once, in a BMW that I owned, because my front plate had fallen off (or someone took it--I really don't know what happened to it) and I didn't even notice it was gone. Anyway, the German cop told me to remove the rear plate and put it on the front. I must have looked at him like he had a dic* growing out of his forehead because he took the time to explain it to me.

He explained to me that because 99% of the speeding tickets in Germany are caught on camera and the camera always takes the picture from the front. If there was no plate then they wouldn't know who to ticket.

True story!

Anyway, I'm using a Graig's Bracket here on my Mustang and it works great. Even with these Ginormous plates.

That European plate looks classy up there. Kind of adds to the whole performance persona, as Europe is known for its supercar terrors and the Autobahn.

SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Yeah, I know, right?

Here in NC, we don't have to worry about a front plate, but we have to get a sticker every year for the rear one, and we USED to have to get a windshield sticker every year, too. The inspection date and the registration date could be different (most often with a used car), so one might get hit up with an inspection fee at a different time of year than the registration fee. Often times people, forgetful creatures that we are, would renew one and not the other, etc.

That was our inspection sticker. NC finally removed its head from its anal cavity and synched up the vehicle inspection with the registration, and you can't get your renewal sticker without getting your car inspected. In the process they did away with that ginormous windshield sticker as it is no longer necessary. If your tag is renewed, your inspection is good

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slorydn1 View Post
Yeah, I know, right?

Here in NC, we don't have to worry about a front plate, but we have to get a sticker every year for the rear one, and we USED to have to get a windshield sticker every year, too. The inspection date and the registration date could be different (most often with a used car), so one might get hit up with an inspection fee at a different time of year than the registration fee. Often times people, forgetful creatures that we are, would renew one and not the other, etc.

That was our inspection sticker. NC finally removed its head from its anal cavity and synched up the vehicle inspection with the registration, and you can't get your renewal sticker without getting your car inspected. In the process they did away with that ginormous windshield sticker as it is no longer necessary. If your tag is renewed, your inspection is good

You just pretty much just described the whole process here in Virginia, except every two years you have to get emissions inspection to get 1 or 2 year registration tag for back plate, as well as a annual safety inspection for center windshield, AND a front plate!

Funny thing it really never bothered me having a front plates as everycar I have owned came with them until I bought a car from North Carolina recently and I really didnt want to put a front plate on it so I drove around for two weeks until I released I was being dumb.

Current
2016 gt premium, ingot silver, performance package, navigation

Previous
2012 gt premium, brembos, 3.73, 6mt, kona blue

2015 Ecoboost PP black on black 401A, security, enhanced backup

FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT Zod View Post
Does such a miraculous thing even exist?! lol
Quote:
Ya, I placed the order for it already. Now to see if he finds me again before it arrives
LOL! I don't know how recommended those come, LT Zod. :hihi:

Deysha
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
And I wasn't even speeding! Those state troopers really look for anything to pull you over for.

Anyways, he said that he needed to get my front license plate put on. Bought the car 1.5 years ago and the dealer never even put it on, so I didn't think too much about it. The thing that erks me, is that 90% of the Mustangs on the road here don't have one, but he was "nice" enough to give me a written warning, so I feel compelled to follow through with putting something on. I've probably past hundreds of cops and troopers throughout the past year and a half...I guess this guy doesn't like Mustangs lol

I'm looking at this. I would rather not drill into her front fascia. Thoughts? Any other suggestions?

2011 Mustang Satin Black Bracket | Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets

Anyone else in the same boat as me?
I have Craigs stuff on my 500 and GTS. Good stuff, easy to put on and take off, quality materials.

2011 Shelby Convertible w/SVT Performance & Electronics Packages
2011 Shelby GTS V6 Convertible, AT, CAI, Aluminum DS, 3.73, Tune
PONY Member

deleted...............

2013 V6 DIB. PP
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slorydn1 View Post
Yeah, I know, right?

I'm so glad that here in MI, we got rid of the front plate about 30 years ago. What a waste of money for the state to have to stamp two plates for every car. In fact, about 10 years ago, Michigan went to a lifetime trailer plate. You pay one fee, and it's good for the life of the trailer; no renewal ever, and no new plate needs to be stamped. We also eliminated the emissions test as well. Emissions tests only benefit the small garages that do them. They get the money for the test, plus the extra $50 you give them to run the test on a known compliant vehicle if yours fails.....LOL.

Tim

Mustang base coupe, V6, manual transmission, Red Candy tint, performance package.

Upgrades: DSS aluminum driveshaft, BMR LCA's, Yukon 3.73 gears, MGW shifter.

Displaying 3.7 fender badges is like telling everyone your wife is "office hot."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page