Bah - First time pulled over - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Bah - First time pulled over

And I wasn't even speeding! Those state troopers really look for anything to pull you over for.

Anyways, he said that he needed to get my front license plate put on. Bought the car 1.5 years ago and the dealer never even put it on, so I didn't think too much about it. The thing that erks me, is that 90% of the Mustangs on the road here don't have one, but he was "nice" enough to give me a written warning, so I feel compelled to follow through with putting something on. I've probably past hundreds of cops and troopers throughout the past year and a half...I guess this guy doesn't like Mustangs lol

I'm looking at this. I would rather not drill into her front fascia. Thoughts? Any other suggestions?

2011 Mustang Satin Black Bracket | Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets

Anyone else in the same boat as me?

2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 GT/CS | Red Candy | Manual | MCA Edition | Premium Leather | Glass Roof Option | Security Package

Painted Shelby Stripes | Black "GT" Fuel Door | Retro Chrome handle on Short Shifter | Borla S-Type Axleback Exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Have one sitting on my counter top with my license plate attached to it...been there for 5 months. Lol don't see myself putting it on until I get a ticket, hopefully to go in with it on and it be a "fix it ticket", to go home and do it all over again. Front plates just take away from the beauty of the front of certain cars. It's unfortunate they're required by law.

Craig's brackets are pretty good for the money btw. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2013 GT Premium, Brembo's, Track Pack, 6MT, Recaro's, Reverse Sensors/Camera, GT500 A/B, BMR Springs, Strange 10-way Adjustables w/GT500 Mounts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, 20" Staggered Vossen CV2's/Nitto Invo's.....BMR UCA/Bracket, BMR LCA's, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets being done soon.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Yes, it looks better without, but if the state requires a front plate it's probably just a matter of time. And I'd say if you got a warning instead of a ticket that trooper DOES like Mustangs.

I was sort of uptight about mounting a plate when my car was on order but I got over it. I have a '12 and all the other lower moldings are dark too I don't really see the dark surround standing out any more than some other frame.

If I had a 2013 or 2014 with the body-colored lower sections I think it might bother me more though.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe Performance White 6R80 HID 64M Wheels Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set Ohio's Horses License Plate Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012
BOSS Member

Garage
We have a front plate requirement here in WA too. I was pulled over for speeding by a State Patrol officer about a year ago as I passed him going the other direction. He never did say anything about no plate on the front of my car though.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012
Banned
4.6L Member

haven't you ever watched "Cops"...dude they look for any reason to stop people, it's known as "fishing" and then they look for bigger stuff once you are stopped
Have you heard 80% of crimes in NYC are done by people wearing Yankees hats? Guess who they harass? Not the Mets fans
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I see a lot of people with the license plate on the corner of the dash behind the windshield. Is that legal?

2013 GT premium GHIG. 6MT. Black int. Brembos. Corsa Sports. Jlt intake. SR Springs. BMR panhard. Pilot Super Sports
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangholio View Post
I see a lot of people with the license plate on the corner of the dash behind the windshield. Is that legal?
No, and I see so many Porsche's doing this and I hope they get stopped. Why should I have to mount my plate if he doesnt?

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012
Rookie

Smile front license plate

Down here in the state of Florida a front tag is not required. I wonder why some states require a front tag and others dont ?
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Manystangs View Post
haven't you ever watched "Cops"...dude they look for any reason to stop people, it's known as "fishing" and then they look for bigger stuff once you are stopped
Have you heard 80% of crimes in NYC are done by people wearing Yankees hats? Guess who they harass? Not the Mets fans
A cop doing an IAMA on Reddit confirmed this (not the Mets thing). They just do it to jam people up 95% of the time. I love how some police officers think that they're doing a public service by doing this to obviously innocent people.

One thing I've found very useful to help avoid this is to keep your interior clean. Example, when I was still driving my Infiniti, I noticed that cops use to keep me around for longer because my interior was a bit of a mess. Now that I have my stang with the spotless interior, I did no problems when I get pulled over (which has only been twice, once was a warning).

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
No, and I see so many Porsche's doing this and I hope they get stopped. Why should I have to mount my plate if he doesnt?

Ya! That is kind of my point lol It sucks that I have to take away from my car when there are PLENTY of other cars cruising around w/o it.

2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 GT/CS | Red Candy | Manual | MCA Edition | Premium Leather | Glass Roof Option | Security Package

Painted Shelby Stripes | Black "GT" Fuel Door | Retro Chrome handle on Short Shifter | Borla S-Type Axleback Exhaust
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT Zod View Post
Ya! That is kind of my point lol It sucks that I have to take away from my car when there are PLENTY of other cars cruising around w/o it.
It's terrible logic for some, but it's damn right.

CSB warning:

I was at a red one day and I happen to pull up next to a woman in a CR-V texting away. I know it wasn't my right to say, but I asked her nicely if she would have minded putting her phone down and paying attention to the road for everyone's sake. Her response was literally word for word "But I'm parked, you mind your own damn business, young man". I dropped the act and told her that she was on a public roadway and by no means 'parked'. Her attention should be on the road at all times.
Best part? I was 19 at the time, and the woman was in her 40s at least. Does this seem right to you?

Moral of the story, if she can do it, why can't I? Not that I would anymore.

PONY Member

I never really saw the issue with the front plates. Have a little fun with it and get some custom plates.

2011 GT 5.0 Performance White | 6SPD MT82
Borla | Corsa | 3DCarbon
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I drive around with the front plate and plate bracket in the back seats. So if I get pulled over I can say I've just forgot to put them on
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhogger View Post
I drive around with the front plate and plate bracket in the back seats. So if I get pulled over I can say I've just forgot to put them on
That't like getting pulled over for speeding and telling the cop, "I just forgot to use the brakes".

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT Zod View Post
And I wasn't even speeding! Those state troopers really look for anything to pull you over for.

Anyways, he said that he needed to get my front license plate put on. Bought the car 1.5 years ago and the dealer never even put it on, so I didn't think too much about it. The thing that erks me, is that 90% of the Mustangs on the road here don't have one, but he was "nice" enough to give me a written warning, so I feel compelled to follow through with putting something on. I've probably past hundreds of cops and troopers throughout the past year and a half...I guess this guy doesn't like Mustangs lol

I'm looking at this. I would rather not drill into her front fascia. Thoughts? Any other suggestions?

2011 Mustang Satin Black Bracket | Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets

Anyone else in the same boat as me?
I have Craig's bracket on my 2013 Mustang GT. Works great. No drilling. MO requires front plate. Dealer told me it would just be a matter of time before I got stopped if I didn't have a front plate. I figure they understand that situation very well.

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page