Cat-Delete Pipes- Suggest a brand for 2011 GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Cat-Delete Pipes- Suggest a brand for 2011 GT

Hello, every one. I am looking to spend a little dough in the upcoming sales, as I'm sure many of us are looking forward to awesome deals. Can anyone suggest a specific cat delete pipe for my 2011 5.0? I have the stock shorties (obviously), and a 3 inch HeartThrob x-pipe. I have heard some say the BBK pipes didn't fit well, but that may have been resolved by now. Just looking for the best fit/ least trouble. Thanks in advance! JD

I've spent almost every dollar I've ever made on FAST cars, COLD beer, and HOT women. The rest, I just WASTED! 2011 GT auto, Race Red w/ white C-stripes/Airaid/BAMA/Steeda cat-delete/Heartthrob 3" catback & H-pipe/Hushpowers/UPR CA's/FRPP 3.55's & diff cover/Tint/billet grilles/CDC chin spoiler/GT500wing & valance/P.A. trans pan/ARP wheel studs/AMR 18x9/10. RACEDAY: RaceStars w/big n littles. 1/8 mi. ET- 7.63.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012
Rookie

I would go with jegs because you can get them in SS. You will need a tune as well if you don't already have one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012coyote View Post
I would go with jegs because you can get them in SS. You will need a tune as well if you don't already have one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. I'll Have a BAMA tune waiting to install. Saw the Jeg's pipes, but would like to hear from folks that have them or another brand and would recommend them. JD

I've spent almost every dollar I've ever made on FAST cars, COLD beer, and HOT women. The rest, I just WASTED! 2011 GT auto, Race Red w/ white C-stripes/Airaid/BAMA/Steeda cat-delete/Heartthrob 3" catback & H-pipe/Hushpowers/UPR CA's/FRPP 3.55's & diff cover/Tint/billet grilles/CDC chin spoiler/GT500wing & valance/P.A. trans pan/ARP wheel studs/AMR 18x9/10. RACEDAY: RaceStars w/big n littles. 1/8 mi. ET- 7.63.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012
PONY Member

i have some aluminized Jegs ones i'm going to be selling. $75 shipped if you want them. ran for about a month before going with a full 3" lethal H-pipe.

2013 Mustang GT: Race Red 55R (Track Pack) + Recaros. BOSS Intake Manifold * Lethal H pipe, BAMA Tune * '13 GT500 Quad Tip Exhaust, Valance * AIRAID Intake * Steeda Strut Bar, Shifter, Bracket and Ball * 3M Carbon Vinyl Roof * Eibach Sportlines on GT500 Struts * BMR Panhard bar * CDC Grille * AMR Wheels.

416 RWHP / 373 RWTQ - 11/18/12
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012
Rookie

The jegs SS delete pipes are junk. Here is what I found out watching another guy put these on. The O2 bungs are swedged in, over time they will leak. The flanges are not flat. The pipes need to be heated up, then put a pry bar in them to bend them away from the floor board so it mates with the stock H-Pipe. I think buying a complete section X-Pipe or H-Pipe (not just the down tubes) is a better idea.

Last edited by 89 T-trim; 11-19-2012 at 02:47 AM. Reason: spelling
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Killa View Post
i have some aluminized Jegs ones i'm going to be selling. $75 shipped if you want them. ran for about a month before going with a full 3" lethal H-pipe.
Did you not like them? Issues?

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89 T-trim View Post
The jegs SS delete pipes are junk. Here is what I found out watching another guy put these on. The O2 bungs are swedged in, over time they will leak. The flanges are not flat. The pipes need to be heated up, then put a pry bar in them to bend them away from the floor board so it mates with the stock H-Pipe. I think buying a complete section X-Pipe or H-Pipe (not just the down tubes) is a better idea.
Thank you for the insight. I was thinking about just buying a new x-pipe (offroad), also. Just kinda seems like a waste of $$ since my exhaust is less than a year old. But it might be worth the extra little cash to get the right fitment. Which is why I'm asking now to buy later!

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012
GT Member

I have the Jeg's (actually just sold them, not a fan of the smell) and they fit perfect, they are said to be made by Heart Throb for Jeg's but Idk........

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
I have the Jeg's (actually just sold them, not a fan of the smell) and they fit perfect, they are said to be made by Heart Throb for Jeg's bit Idk........
How did the exhaust sound. I have Hushpowers, too. I'm mainly looking for a few extra HP on the cheap, but am curious how it would sound. Thanks.

GT Member

^^sorry I havent updated my signature, but I no longer have the Hushpowers, Im running the American Thunders and it sounded pretty damn good, the drone was a bit excessive around 2000-2100 but I didnt mind that really, Id say it should sound nice with HP's

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnull68 View Post
Did you not like them? Issues?
for me, it was a bottle neck because the deletes are 3" and the factory H dropped down quite a bit. so i bought a whole H pipe rather then doing the sections.

2013 Mustang GT: Race Red 55R (Track Pack) + Recaros. BOSS Intake Manifold * Lethal H pipe, BAMA Tune * '13 GT500 Quad Tip Exhaust, Valance * AIRAID Intake * Steeda Strut Bar, Shifter, Bracket and Ball * 3M Carbon Vinyl Roof * Eibach Sportlines on GT500 Struts * BMR Panhard bar * CDC Grille * AMR Wheels.

416 RWHP / 373 RWTQ - 11/18/12
PONY Member

We've got several good options for offroad pipes which include
-Aluminized 3" Offroad X and H Pipes
-Stainless Steel Offroad X-pipe
s
-Stainless Steel Modular Offroad X/H-pipes from JBA

These are our best sellers and are in stock and ready to ship.

Make sure not to miss out on our Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales which get announced tomorrow.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
Thanks, Jared

LETHAL PERFORMANCE, INC.
877-2LETHAL
LETHAL
performance.com
Whipple Supercharger's Largest US Distributor
The Fuel System Guru's!!
SPECIAL ALLFORDMUSTANGS DISCOUNT: USE COUPON CODE ALLFORDS when checking out.
Rookie

If you just want deletes get jegs.
GT Member

I have a set of Jegs, will sell them for 50 bucks plus shipping... maybe 500 miles on them, I replaced with long tubes... you will have to replace a couple bolts, I broke them off when I removed them from the car... no biggy, ace hardware sells the bolts and nuts...

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Thanks for the input, guys. So it sounds like the Jeg's pipes get mixed reviews. I really do not want to change x-pipes if I can simply drop the cats.
I'll keep your offers in mind! JD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page