Help with Suspension - Ford Mustang Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
 
burke985's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Slidell
Posts: 1,412
 
Help with Suspension

So the time has come to start putting together whats going in. Im not a guy who drives around on a track in circles so i really do not need anything that is going to benefit me on a road course, Im a straight line kinda guy so my suspension will be concentrated on putting power down to the pavement. Maybe one day ill consider full replacement on everything but as for now i wanna go fast in a straight line first. I listed below what im wanting to go with, I already have a set of Roush Billet LCA's cause i got a good deal on them so i bought them. Any advice from you guys that know alot more than me would be greatly appreciated. If i'm missing something that i need id like to know also, not sure if camber bolts and Strut mounts are needed with this strut. Not sure if upper control arm are needed because ive never had wheel hop to date .was gonna get the eibach pro-kit but have sense changed my mind.Thanks in advance

Shocks & Struts:
Steeda 2005-13 Mustang Pro-Action Shocks and Struts

Panhard Bar:
Steeda 2005-13 Mustang Adjustable Panhard Bar - Made in the USA 555-2551

Springs:
Steeda 2005-13 Mustang Sport Springs - Made in the USA 555-8216

Adjustable LCA Bracket:
Steeda 2005-13 Mustang Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets - Made in the USA 555-8119


Blower and stuff

622 whp and 545 wtq @ 8.5psi
AED Tune = Best mod of all
burke985 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012
Grimace427
Guest
 
Grimace427's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
I think you will enjoy that setup.

I installed most of those parts on a fellow AFM member's car and he has nothing but good things to say about it.

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012
GT Member
 
46Tbird's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: DFW USA
Posts: 1,024
 
The only thing I might change would be to consider a set of adjustable shocks/struts so you can dial-in the ride and launch characteristics. That sounds like an awesome setup that you will enjoy.

2012 P8C, HP, 300A, 55D, 457
46Tbird is offline  
 
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
 
burke985's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Slidell
Posts: 1,412
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
I think you will enjoy that setup.

I installed most of those parts on a fellow AFM member's car and he has nothing but good things to say about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
The only thing I might change would be to consider a set of adjustable shocks/struts so you can dial-in the ride and launch characteristics. That sounds like an awesome setup that you will enjoy.
Cool , only thing im not sure about is if i need strut mounts and camber bolts. I would like the adjustable Shock/Strut combo but trying to stay with in a certain budget since most of the work will not be done by me so i'm figuring labor also.

Blower and stuff

622 whp and 545 wtq @ 8.5psi
AED Tune = Best mod of all
burke985 is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012
Grimace427
Guest
 
Grimace427's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Whatever you do, call and ask Steeda exactly which struts you are getting and get the matching upper mounts. If you are sticking to a tight budget, go for the '05-10 style struts with a set of GT500 upper mounts. If you can swing it go for the Steeda HD mounts, you can choose between '05-10 and '11+ versions.

I would skip the camber bolts personally. I did not need to adjust my camber, and even so there is some adjustment to be had by rotating the GT500 mounts facing in or out.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012
MACH I Member
 
YerBuddysPony's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: 'Land-O-Beer'
Posts: 3,143
 
Looks like you won't have a problem going around corners either. I like it! Best of both worlds IMO.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
YerBuddysPony is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012
tj
PONY Member
 
tj's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 561
 
Email me tomorrow at [email protected] and I will have one of the suspension guru's speak to you directly.

We have a great deal going on with free shipping and many discounts. I would add Steeda HD Mounts in that set-up as well. There are several different ways you could go ... that is why we can have the suspension guys talk it over with you tomorrow.

I look forward to hearing from you

Best Regards,

TJ
tj is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
 
burke985's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Slidell
Posts: 1,412
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
Whatever you do, call and ask Steeda exactly which struts you are getting and get the matching upper mounts. If you are sticking to a tight budget, go for the '05-10 style struts with a set of GT500 upper mounts. If you can swing it go for the Steeda HD mounts, you can choose between '05-10 and '11+ versions.

I would skip the camber bolts personally. I did not need to adjust my camber, and even so there is some adjustment to be had by rotating the GT500 mounts facing in or out.
Thats where i had most my questions and that answers most of them , thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Email me tomorrow at [email protected] and I will have one of the suspension guru's speak to you directly.

We have a great deal going on with free shipping and many discounts. I would add Steeda HD Mounts in that set-up as well. There are several different ways you could go ... that is why we can have the suspension guys talk it over with you tomorrow.

I look forward to hearing from you

Best Regards,

TJ
No problem i will E-mail you in the morning i Pm'ed Brandon already last week and was waiting to hear back from him him. Ill be ready to order soon so i wanna see what kind of packages you guys can put together since there really are not many to choose from on the website.

Blower and stuff

622 whp and 545 wtq @ 8.5psi
AED Tune = Best mod of all
burke985 is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
 
burke985's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Slidell
Posts: 1,412
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by YerBuddysPony View Post
Looks like you won't have a problem going around corners either. I like it! Best of both worlds IMO.

Got bored and went and installed the LCA's for now i cant stand seeing parts laying around. Sounds weird but the ass end already feels a little stiffer or im just crazy :kooky:



Blower and stuff

622 whp and 545 wtq @ 8.5psi
AED Tune = Best mod of all
burke985 is offline  
PONY Member
 
Fabulozzz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 381
 

i am also planning on upgrading my suspension next spring.... car is in storage for the winter... and i am looking at the same setup to go through corners on a road course with my daily driver. I will probably go with the 05-10 setup with either Steeda HD Mounts or J&M Camber Plates. I drive a 2012 V6 Pony Package. I have read lot of good things about the Steeda Sports Springs for daily drivers. I have seen a lot of recommendations for Koni STR.T with Steeda Sports, but have not seen many full Steeda suspensions.... i will keep an eye on that thread for sure as i want to know how the Steeda setup behaves on daily duties.

Canadian 2012 V6, MT, Perf.White Pony Package (3.31 gears). Koni Sport Shocks & Struts. Steeda Sport Springs w/HD Mounts, Route 66 SpeedShop 55D rear spring kit. Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace. BMR Adj PHB. BFG G-Force Sport Comp2. Pioneer TS-D6802R Front SPeakers, Clarion 80W/Ch Amp. JL Audio 8 Inch Sub And 175W Amp. GT500 Steering Wheel. 2012+ Tilting Headrests
Fabulozzz is offline  
MACH I Member
 
YerBuddysPony's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: 'Land-O-Beer'
Posts: 3,143
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by burke985 View Post
Got bored and went and installed the LCA's for now i cant stand seeing parts laying around. Sounds weird but the ass end already feels a little stiffer or im just crazy :kooky:


Looks good burke. For what it's worth, I would definitely get the HD upper mounts from Steeda. They are a bit pricy, but when you see and feel the quality you'll know. You'll be really glad after you drive it once. I had to use the GT500 seats with the HD mounts (2010 Konis) and that worked out great for me. They are easy to change. Take a look at the pdf attached:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf heavy-duty-upper-strut-mounts--1.pdf (1.15 MB, 152 views)

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
YerBuddysPony is offline  
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
 
burke985's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Slidell
Posts: 1,412
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by YerBuddysPony View Post
Looks good burke. For what it's worth, I would definitely get the HD upper mounts from Steeda. They are a bit pricy, but when you see and feel the quality you'll know. You'll be really glad after you drive it once. I had to use the GT500 seats with the HD mounts (2010 Konis) and that worked out great for me. They are easy to change. Take a look at the pdf attached:
Just pulled the trigger on all the parts and i did add the HD Strut Mounts. Got a great price on everything with the black friday discount of 20 percent . Got everything for a total of 1098.00. Man im so happy i waited a little longer cause i really wanted steeda parts not Eibach. So excited i feel like a little kid who just got a new playstation 3. The Parts probably wont be here before i leave to go to work on monday so it will be a few weeks before i can get them installed but im counting down the days. With the discount i basically got the Strut mounts for 75 bucks, cant beat that...thanks Steeda for the sale and the great customer service when i called

Blower and stuff

622 whp and 545 wtq @ 8.5psi
AED Tune = Best mod of all
burke985 is offline  
MACH I Member
 
YerBuddysPony's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: 'Land-O-Beer'
Posts: 3,143
 
Pretty darn good price if you ask me. Can't wait to hear your impressions. I know I fell in love all over again after installing mine. Congrats on some nice new toys!

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
YerBuddysPony is offline  
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
 
burke985's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Slidell
Posts: 1,412
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by YerBuddysPony View Post
Pretty darn good price if you ask me. Can't wait to hear your impressions. I know I fell in love all over again after installing mine. Congrats on some nice new toys!
Thanks , yeah im stoked cant wait to get this stuff installed.

Blower and stuff

622 whp and 545 wtq @ 8.5psi
AED Tune = Best mod of all
burke985 is offline  
PONY Member
 
Fabulozzz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 381
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by burke985 View Post
Thanks , yeah im stoked cant wait to get this stuff installed.
lucky you, my car is in storage until April.... oh well! Have fun!


Canadian 2012 V6, MT, Perf.White Pony Package (3.31 gears). Koni Sport Shocks & Struts. Steeda Sport Springs w/HD Mounts, Route 66 SpeedShop 55D rear spring kit. Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace. BMR Adj PHB. BFG G-Force Sport Comp2. Pioneer TS-D6802R Front SPeakers, Clarion 80W/Ch Amp. JL Audio 8 Inch Sub And 175W Amp. GT500 Steering Wheel. 2012+ Tilting Headrests
Fabulozzz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1