Questions for track pack owners.... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Questions for track pack owners....

I was yesterday at a PCA DE. I'll like to know from those who have the track pack,and have spent some time at the track their readings, of head temp, a/f at wot, and oil temp, after 20 minutes at the track.....
I got CHT at a max of 248, after some lapping with a boss.
brakes were excelent, no fading or overheating.. I installed PFB 01, and motul 660, with the laguna cooling ducts...

thanks in advance for your input...

2016 GT Premium 401A black/black, 20"
Boss coil covers, JLT oil separators both, K&N,
6 piston front Brembos, GT350R steering wheel

2013 GT Track Pack Racing Red. Born 9-19-12, ETA 10-13-12.Arrived 10-12-2012....SOLD OCT 2015 '13 GT500 SVT wheels, '13 GT500 AB with valance, Eibachs, Boss Alcantara steering wheel, Boss coil covers, JLT oil separators both, K&N, Panhard bar, FR brake cooling ducts, SS brake lines, Konis Yellow, GT500 6 piston front Brembos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012
PONY Member

I've been to 1 track day so far, but didn't look at any of these temps. Are we able to read these on the dash? Or do you have gauges installed?

2000 GT. Track toy.
Stock motor, Maximum motorsports suspension, Cobra R wing, Stoptech brakes, TKO tranny, much more.
2013 GT, White, Track Pack, Recaro. SOLD
KW V3 coilovers / Whiteline UCA, LCA's & Brackets, F&R Swaybars, Watts link / Brake cooling ducts / Boss 302 shift knob / Steeda short shifter / .
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_reber View Post
I've been to 1 track day so far, but didn't look at any of these temps. Are we able to read these on the dash? Or do you have gauges installed?
my '13 with track pack have the readouts , between the tach and speedo...
It's called Track Apps Monitor

2013 GT Track Pack Racing Red. Born 9-19-12, ETA 10-13-12.Arrived 10-12-2012....SOLD OCT 2015 '13 GT500 SVT wheels, '13 GT500 AB with valance, Eibachs, Boss Alcantara steering wheel, Boss coil covers, JLT oil separators both, K&N, Panhard bar, FR brake cooling ducts, SS brake lines, Konis Yellow, GT500 6 piston front Brembos

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012
PONY Member

Gotcha, I have a base model. No track apps

2000 GT. Track toy.
Stock motor, Maximum motorsports suspension, Cobra R wing, Stoptech brakes, TKO tranny, much more.
2013 GT, White, Track Pack, Recaro. SOLD
KW V3 coilovers / Whiteline UCA, LCA's & Brackets, F&R Swaybars, Watts link / Brake cooling ducts / Boss 302 shift knob / Steeda short shifter / .
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Hey man, I don't have any info about the temps or anything, other than my 3.73's whine like crazy at speeds around 40mph, 60-65 mph, 75-85 mph and 95 and up........ Do you have that by any chance? I started hearing it when it had like 500 miles on it.

But what I wanted to ask is how do you like the GT500 valence with the quad tips?? When I bought my car I wasn't going to do exhaust until a kit came out that would make it so my car could have the 2013 GT500axle back, but I got antzy and purchased the 2010-2012 GT500 axle backs. About two weeks after I put them on, I found the GT500 kit.... So..... Do you like it? Does it sound different than the 2010-2012? How hard was it to cut the bumper? Was install a breeze or tough?

2002 Mustang GT 5 speed: Mach 1 grille delete, K&N drop-in air filter, 75mm BBK throttle body, ported C&L plenum, UPR upper and lower control arms, KYB shocks/struts, McLeod Super Street Pro clutch kit, AM firewall adjuster, MM clutch quadrant, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, Bassani catted x pipe, Flowmaster weld-in 40's, SCT 93 octane Bama tune
SOLD
for...
2013 Mustang GT 6 speed: GT Track Package, 301A Tech Package, JLT Catch Can, GT500 Axleback, Steeda Shifter Bushing
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

But what I wanted to ask is how do you like the GT500 valence with the quad tips?? When I bought my car I wasn't going to do exhaust until a kit came out that would make it so my car could have the 2013 GT500axle back, but I got antzy and purchased the 2010-2012 GT500 axle backs. About two weeks after I put them on, I found the GT500 kit.... So..... Do you like it? Does it sound different than the 2010-2012? How hard was it to cut the bumper? Was install a breeze or tough?[/quote]

evanjp

The quad tips really changes the look of the GT.....and it sounds great...I'll will said that better than a boss....
the installation is easy, once you remove the bumper, it has the marks were to cut... an air or electric jig saw and done!

BTW not to many owners track their "track pack" based on the answers to my question....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in