My Feedback on Diablo inTune experience - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012 Thread Starter
Banned

My Feedback on Diablo inTune experience

I purchased the inTune last March when I had my 06 Charger RT. I traded it in on my '13 V6 premium automatic.

Initially, it wouldn't load a tune last August and I gave them the info on my ECM they requested. It was something about the ECM version. After they sent a revision and updated the inTune, it loaded just fine.

A month or so went by and thought I'd ask if they could try getting rid of the rpm hang between shifts I was experiencing. Over the following couple of weeks I received a couple of tunes with shifting revisions. I can say it now shifts with authority. Not harsh but it now lunges forward and the rpm hang is indiscernable. I am extremely pleased with the shifting. This is the way any auto should come from the factory, imo.

Lastly, we did have an issue with me being able to make changes to WOT A/F ratio. The layman version would be put that they had to make a couple of more changes than what the GT's ECM needed in order for this to be possible. They sent a revision, I updated the inTune device, and loaded the WOT fueling changes. Via the factory wideband guage, I saw that the changes were in place and right where I wanted to go. Unfortunately, our local track was shut down due to a train derailment/chemical cleanup team directly across the street from the track entrance....and it was the last TNT of the year. I'll see what it does next spring.

I am extremely happy with the tune (only tried the 93 octane tune) and the excellent customer service from Dan, tuner Brian, and Mike. They were attentive and responded to emails, pm's quickly. This is the best tuning company I have dealt with and will recommend them to anyone interested in the type of service they provide.

Now, let's get more CMR into the hands of shops out there. Especially some shops interested in custom tuning for the v6. CFM looks to be introducing a turbo kit and I much prefer the support of Diablo due to my experience with them.

Thanks Diablo team!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012
PONY Member

Very Informative write-up Intense! Sounds like DS were quite willing to tweak the tune until you were satisfied.

2012 California Special Convertible / Ebony Black / 5.0 liter / MT-82 / GT500 Axle Backs with resonator delete / Steeda Tri-Ax shifter & base bushing / Airaid CAI / BMR LCAs / BMR Relocation Brackets / BMR Adjustable UCA & Bracket / BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar / Steeda Sport Springs / GT500 Strut Mounts / Koni STR.Ts / Shaker 500 with Infinity 6832CFs / Redline hood strut / Redline leather shifter & E-brake boots
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012 Thread Starter
Banned

I wish we could edit more at a later time.

I wanted to mention throttle response is also much better. It's the most like a cable actuated throttle body that I've driven in throttle by wire cars in recent memory. At the same time, it is quite controllable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in