Anyone else on the fence about the 2015 GT vs 2014? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRichard View Post
I was at a Ford dealer checking on ordering a 2014 GT500 and the word from the general manager was… this is all rumor but, the 14 is going to be a short production year due to the 2014½ coming out for the 50th anniversary… So I put the 14 GT500 on hold to see if Ford might do something special for the Mustangs 50th...
Every Mustang is an early model year(March) production car so it really doesn't make sense to call it a 1/2 model year. A 2014 is a 2014, and a 2015 is a 2015. They will arive in dealers around the same time as the 2011's and 2012s. Shelbys traditionally come out the summer of that model year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssimaniac View Post

I miss my Stang so much, Peter. It hurts.
If you are buying the Popeyes I will gladly hand you the keys to my 5.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by replica View Post
I know it makes me a terrible person, but I'm super interested in a Fiesta ST.

Not even. There is a hardcore racer over on S197forum who picked up an ST for a DD and he absolutely loves it. I believe it was Livernois who put out a tune with something like 265whp and 320+wtq. Not to shabby.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LITER_MUENSTER View Post
Unless you are a definite ford guy or gal I would recommend to broaden your options. 2015 is going to be one hell of a year for many mfg's and not just ford. However, I do have my eyes wide open on ecoboost mustang. Also, I am an ex Chevy guy so the new 2015 camaro is also definitely on my list along with many other predicted 2015 release.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

^ This, not to mention SRT will be joining the party. It is Ford's to lose however.

As it stands right now for me, I will wait for the return of the Boss

15 F22 M235i, JB4 Stage II, Cat delete, CAI
12 GT Prem 5.0 (Sold)
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post

If you are buying the Popeyes I will gladly hand you the keys to my 5.0.

I might have to take your offer on this. Once the work dies down in the next two weeks, let's plan something? It's been a while.

2011 Black Mustang GT 5.0 Brick-Red
6SP Manual | 3.73 Gears | HIDs | Sec & Anti-Theft Pkg | Brembo GT Brake Pkg | Comfort Package | Shaker 1000 |
Mods:

2011 CS/GT Front Valance, 2011 GT500 Rear Diffuser, 2011 SVT GT500 Mufflers, 2011 Roush Side Skirts, 3dCarbon GT500 Spoiler, Boss 302 Front Splitter, Speed Dawg custom shift-knob, Black Pony Emblem, 50% fog-light tint, Blacked Out Side Marks Front and Rear, 35% All-around Tint & Heon H10 fog-light bulbs

Grimace427

Quote:
I might have to take your offer on this. Once the work dies down in the next two weeks, let's plan something? It's been a while.
Fo shizzle my nerdy-nizzle. I have the first week of December off for stay-cation. Will probably get my X-Mas shopping done then but otherwise would be free.

And no I'm not on crack.
5POINTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortySmalls View Post
But isn't 2014 the 50th ? First mustang started in 1964.5 so .... ?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2
Technically no. The first year Mustangs are actually VIN'd and titled as 1965's.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie2011GT View Post
I'm on the fence between the 2015 and 2016. Gotta give it a year to work the bugs out right?
/\ THIS /\

Never fly the alpha model. After a big refresh I'd rather buy the following year's version. Especially since they're redesigning a few MAJOR moving parts.

NoVA just means Northern Virginia
VMP Tuned Roush • 79mm Pulley • ID1000 injectors & JLT Intake • GT500 Axlebacks • UMI Panhard Bar, LCAs, & UCAs
Steeda Ultralite Springs • Koni STR.Ts • 19x11 Gloss Gunmetal Forgestar CF10s • 2012 GT Premium 401A Black&Brick
post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVA_Mike View Post
/\ THIS /\

Never fly the alpha model. After a big refresh I'd rather buy the following year's version. Especially since they're redesigning a few MAJOR moving parts.
I learned that from my 2011 model. I'd wait until the refresh until they work out all the quirk.

PS, did you get my PM? Sometimes this site freezes.

2011 Black Mustang GT 5.0 Brick-Red
6SP Manual | 3.73 Gears | HIDs | Sec & Anti-Theft Pkg | Brembo GT Brake Pkg | Comfort Package | Shaker 1000 |
Mods:

2011 CS/GT Front Valance, 2011 GT500 Rear Diffuser, 2011 SVT GT500 Mufflers, 2011 Roush Side Skirts, 3dCarbon GT500 Spoiler, Boss 302 Front Splitter, Speed Dawg custom shift-knob, Black Pony Emblem, 50% fog-light tint, Blacked Out Side Marks Front and Rear, 35% All-around Tint & Heon H10 fog-light bulbs
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5POINTO View Post
As of now who knows. Until OFFICIAL photos are released (which will be some time) there is no way to know for sure. Going by the new design language they want to use (heading away from the retro look) I am not thinking positively. I might be very glad I have my '11.
It will have to be something really awesome to have me trade my 2011... And I don't see it happening anytime soon.

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I'm having too much fun with my '12 to worry that far in the future.

2012 GT. Black. 300A, 55D.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
I learned that from my 2011 model. I'd wait until the refresh until they work out all the quirk.

PS, did you get my PM? Sometimes this site freezes.

Yep, got it thanks! I left my real world email address in my reply.

NoVA just means Northern Virginia
VMP Tuned Roush • 79mm Pulley • ID1000 injectors & JLT Intake • GT500 Axlebacks • UMI Panhard Bar, LCAs, & UCAs
Steeda Ultralite Springs • Koni STR.Ts • 19x11 Gloss Gunmetal Forgestar CF10s • 2012 GT Premium 401A Black&Brick
PONY Member

I am on the fence about buying a 2015 Mustang GT.

It must have a V8 engine that exceeds or at least equals the performance of the current Coyote 5.0. I cannot accept a smaller displacement motor with a power adder.

It must have styling I can identify with as a Mustang. If it comes out looking like a Focus, an EVO or something out of Star Wars, I am not buying one.

It must have a back seat for my grand-kids.

It must have some exciting exterior colors like Screaming Yellow, Kona Blue, Race Red, and Grabber Blue.

Bobby B, a patriotic Long Island Senior Citizen who drives a 2011 5.0 Premium GT Coupe, all black, 6-speed MT82, 3.55:1 differential, Bama 87S Tune, 18" diameter wheels, Pirelli P-Zeros, Comfort & Security Packages, spoiler delete.
God, please bless the USA
Apprentice

Fence here, too. Love my 12, but a 50th that rocks both in looks and performance might sway me.

That said, I've done 3, refresh-year purchases, from Ford, Nissan, and Toyota, and they have all had way too many bugs.

Perhaps if it rocks AND its based on components used in other models (engines, trannies, suspension), I'll bite.

2012 Boss Yellow Blaze, Recaros/Torsen, Cover/Mats
2012 MCA PP Sterling/Lava
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Waiting for the next gen myself. Always loved first year builds and the attention I get from having the new look. Hoping yellow is available and looks good. If not, a Sonic/DIB '15 GT will be the choice.

'07 Mustang GT Alloy, 5R55S, 4.10, VMP Tune, JLT 3, Cervinis 2.5" Cowl, GT500 Spoiler/AB's, 19" Brembo Wheels, Sportlines, Koni, Hawk Pads, Kicker Audio

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt Cowboy View Post
It will have to be something really awesome to have me trade my 2011... And I don't see it happening anytime soon.
This. It'd have to look super hot or have something special like the Boss did. And if it's still mounting the coyote or roadrunner, it better have direct injection and approach 500 horses.
Anything short of that it's a mandatory facepalm and sticking to my beloved '11.

2011 GT Kona Blue - Saddle 400a, 6MT, 3.55, Electronic, Brembo, Glass Roof, HID, Security, Comfort, RearVC, GT500 Mufflers, Procal tuner, Vorshlag brake lines, Boss/CS Fascia, Brake cooling ducts
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5POINTO View Post
Technically no. The first year Mustangs are actually VIN'd and titled as 1965's.
Correct, BUT the 2014 model year cars will be the 50th year of *production*. The 35th anniversary cars were 1999s, the 40th anniversary cars were 2004s, so I expect Ford to do something for both 2014, and for 2015 when the Mustang officially turns 50.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page