Anyone else on the fence about the 2015 GT vs 2014? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Is there any way the rumored 2014 1/2 will be the redesign?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin View Post
Is there any way the rumored 2014 1/2 will be the redesign?

Why wouldn't they simply be 2015 models? Why do people still add the 1/2 model year, full knowing that every Mustang comes out early in the production year?

F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
I had the SE hatch with FRRP suspension, intake mods and a short shifter. The car was very fun to drive with just 112 HP....
Quote:
Originally Posted by replica View Post
I know it makes me a terrible person, but I'm super interested in a Fiesta ST.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight

F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
I'm very interested in a 2015 50th anniversary GT. The bugs are already out of the 5.0, probably the same transmission set up too, but it remains to be seen if they will improve the 6MT.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Since there isn't a US production ST Fiesta, maybe you mean the Focus ST?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post

Not even. There is a hardcore racer over on S197forum who picked up an ST for a DD and he absolutely loves it. I believe it was Livernois who put out a tune with something like 265whp and 320+wtq. Not to shabby.

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mann View Post
^ This, not to mention SRT will be joining the party. It is Ford's to lose however.

As it stands right now for me, I will wait for the return of the Boss
Maybe the return of boss 429? That would be history!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

2013 Deep Impact Blue Metallic MT-82 401a
DiabloSport in tune - AirAid CAI - SVT GT500 AB - Ford Racing P springs - Forgestar F14 - Roush rear/side splitters - Stillen chin splitter - CS Fascia conversion - LED fog delete - 2 much 2 list.... Official mod addict: D
GT Member

Quote:
Every Mustang is an early model year(March) production car so it really doesn't make sense to call it a 1/2 model year. A 2014 is a 2014, and a 2015 is a 2015. They will arive in dealers around the same time as the 2011's and 2012s. Shelbys traditionally come out the summer of that model year.
I was told the 14’s will start being delivered in January not March , he already has two 14 GT’s on order and slated for January delivery not March and this is why he thinks it will be a short production run of 14's to make room for the
14 … Could he be full of BS, maybe… The only reason I would think so...
I have not seen anything as far as production dates and/or model options for a 14 … We will just have to wait and see if there is a mid-year production like the 64 that sold 22000 cars its first day of release to public sale…

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by F91 View Post
Ah yes, I get those mixed up. They look so similar and even their names look similar. Still, very neat cars.

WWW.S197FORUM.COM

WWW.S197FORUM.COM

"http://www.sctflash.com/Newsletter/FocusST.html

Picked up 23/45 with just a tune. That is pretty impressive. Heat seems to be the major issue with these since the turbo is being worked pretty good at 16psi I believe. I wonder what tuners like KenB and other will get out of it.

Apparently the Cosworth Focus ST at SEMA made 330/323 with Tune, Intake, Exhaust and upgraded IC to cool it down
."

PONY Member

Quote:
Why wouldn't they simply be 2015 models? Why do people still add the 1/2 model year, full knowing that every Mustang comes out early in the production year?
Don't get your panties in a bunch Grim This is the only reason I'm humoring the 2014 1/2 idea:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustSrvc View Post
I don’t think the 2014s will stop building, but the 2014 50th Anniversary added to production. You can order a 2014 now, just won’t have pricing yet.

Deysha
My plan has always been to get the model before the redesign. If there will be a 2014 1/2, and it isn't the redesign, I may be interested in it as opposed to the 2014.
5POINTO

Quote:
but it remains to be seen if they will improve the 6MT.
Only if they improve on that will I buy one. My fingers are crossed...
5POINTO

Quote:
From what I read the other day I think on Autoblog, the Fiesta ST with 180 hp is coming to America now. Would make a great daily driver.
replica

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5POINTO View Post
From what I read the other day I think on Autoblog, the Fiesta ST with 180 hp is coming to America now. Would make a great daily driver.
In a car that light, 180hp should be pretty fun.
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I have been saying all along I think 2014 will be a super short run. However I never considered Ford introducing the new version as a 2014. That would be ultra cool of Ford and honor the history of the car much more than making it a 2015.

I have a feeling by the time we know for sure what the new version looks like it will be too late to special order a 2014. Knowing the changeover is coming it's doubtful the dealers are going to load up on alot of 2014 stock either.

Playing both sides of the fence is probably going to be tough if you want anything really specific.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe Performance White 6R80 HID 64M Wheels Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set Ohio's Horses License Plate Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin View Post
My plan has always been to get the model before the redesign. If there will be a 2014 1/2, and it isn't the redesign, I may be interested in it as opposed to the 2014.
Well, you have plenty of time to decide, Sabin.

Deysha
PONY Member

Well when I actually see one or better yet drive one perhaps, but until then am good with my GT unless I find a great deal on a loaded 2013 boss.

Current
2016 gt premium, ingot silver, performance package, navigation

Previous
2012 gt premium, brembos, 3.73, 6mt, kona blue

2015 Ecoboost PP black on black 401A, security, enhanced backup

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page