Installed 55D springs, BMR lower control arms & Barton bracket - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Smile Installed 55D springs, BMR lower control arms & Barton bracket

And I love the springs and the LCA's, I'm not so sure I love the Barton shifter bracket though. It doesn't seem to have done much other than add some noise that's now more easily transmitted from the trans into the cabin.

The BMR rear LCA's and the 55D rear springs though, I love.
My wheel hop is gone and the car now sits level.
Exactly what I wanted

Got everything installed at Enhanced Street Performance in Sterling MA earlier today, and as usual they were professional and affordable. I've been going there for a few years now, and they've done a lot of work on my previous car, the '07 Charger, including replacing a blown motor prior to me trading that car in for the Mustang.

Now for the pics

Which one looks beefier? LOL

Right rear BMR installed:

Left rear BMR installed:

New spring on top, original spring on bottom:

New spring installed:

New ride height:
Only put about 50-75 miles on the new set-up so far, maybe they'll settle a little bit more ... so far I like what I see though.

'13 Mustang GT. Sterling Gray, 6-spd man, Recaro seats, Track Pack. Ordered 6.6.12, born 7.25.12, mine 8.11.12. Steeda Sports, Koni Sports, 2.3L Whipple, 3.25" pulley, ID1000 injectors, JLT CAI, JDM tune. 591 RWHP, 505 RWTQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
GT Member

looks good, I find it hard to believe that you dont see or feel a difference with the Barton bracket, did you get the original version or the new 2 post bracket?

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
Banned

Ride height looks good. I'm thinking about the same but in seeing the springs I wonder how they maintain the Brembo spring rates with less coils.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
GT Member

Subjectively speaking, I don't see much of a diff in ride height. Or was that not the objective?

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegt2012 View Post
Ride height looks good. I'm thinking about the same but in seeing the springs I wonder how they maintain the Brembo spring rates with less coils.
Total coil spring rate is determined by wire diameter, coil diameter, material, and number of coils.

2012 P8C, HP, 300A, 55D, 457
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
looks good, I find it hard to believe that you dont see or feel a difference with the Barton bracket, did you get the original version or the new 2 post bracket?
I got the older design, from a member on another forum.
It seems a little more direct, more positive engagement, but I don't think the new noise is worth the positives ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
Subjectively speaking, I don't see much of a diff in ride height. Or was that not the objective?
That kind of was.
I meant to post a pic of the "before", so I will edit a pic in there shortly ...

For some reason I can't edit the opening post, so I'll add the "before" pic here:

'13 Mustang GT. Sterling Gray, 6-spd man, Recaro seats, Track Pack. Ordered 6.6.12, born 7.25.12, mine 8.11.12. Steeda Sports, Koni Sports, 2.3L Whipple, 3.25" pulley, ID1000 injectors, JLT CAI, JDM tune. 591 RWHP, 505 RWTQ
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
Apprentice

Looks much better. You just need a gt500 spoiler.

Here is my car On p springs.

2013 TRACK PACK
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Your car looks great. I have been thinking about the 55D springs as well. It can be tough to notice the difference in pictures but would you say that the springs do a pretty good job getting a more level stance?

-Steve
2011 GT Premium, Kona Blue, Security, Brembo, and 3.73s
Mods: Magnaflow Street Series Cat Back
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe9195 View Post
It seems a little more direct, more positive engagement, but I don't think the new noise is worth the positives ...
You might want to try the Energy Suspension shifter bushing. Firmer than the stock one with no increase in NVH. They have had positive reviews on here. I've got one myself, but still need to crawl under there and get it installed.
Site Sponsor

Great set-up! I hope you enjoy the LCAs. If you need anything else please do not hesitate to contact me for any information.

Enjoy!

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

VISIT FOR PRODUCT ADVICE, TECH AND SUPPORT ON FACEBOOK. www.facebook.com/BMRMustangSupport
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I just ordered the BMR lcas myself. Can't wait to get them on.
I wanna do Ford Racing P springs next, an inch of drop and tightening things up a bit is all I want.

2015 Gt with perf pack/Guard Green/MBRP race exhaust/Steeda shifter bracket/ ....... more to come

Originally Posted by cudaman ........
Let's hope you don't have the same problem with your zipper and your fueling rod, should you run into another female in a Camaro that needs genetic gas.
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridenfish39 View Post
I just ordered the BMR lcas myself. Can't wait to get them on.
I wanna do Ford Racing P springs next, an inch of drop and tightening things up a bit is all I want.
Awesome!

As for the springs, you may want to also check out the BMR Springs. They will give you about a 1" drop and provide an EXCELLENT ride, along with improved handling, traction, and aid in the elimination of wheel hop.

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

VISIT FOR PRODUCT ADVICE, TECH AND SUPPORT ON FACEBOOK. www.facebook.com/BMRMustangSupport
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Car is looking real good OP

I'm running pretty much the same setup. BMR LCA/UCA and relocation bracket with the 55D's and I'm pretty happy with the setup. No more wheel hop, better launches, improved traction/handling and no increased NVH. I was not ready to drop my car a full inch but when I am I will continue down the BMR path.

15 F22 M235i, JB4 Stage II, Cat delete, CAI
12 GT Prem 5.0 (Sold)
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe9195 View Post

That kind of was.
I meant to post a pic of the "before", so I will edit a pic in there shortly ...

For some reason I can't edit the opening post, so I'll add the "before" pic here:

Not going to lie, still don't see it. You have to look REALLY hard with a ruler. Looks good nonetheless.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
Not going to lie, still don't see it. You have to look REALLY hard with a ruler. Looks good nonetheless.
I see it in the wheel well gap at the top of the tire being more even front to rear.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page