Mustang Must Haves - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member

I guess it's time for me to take a break from this forum. It's gone way down hill. It's my opinion that there are very few real Mustang guys left here. Looks more and more like some import forum every day. Sad...really, really sad.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YerBuddysPony View Post
I guess it's time for me to take a break from this forum. It's gone way down hill. It's my opinion that there are very few real Mustang guys left here. Looks more and more like some import forum every day. Sad...really, really sad.
In all fairness, most of the people came from audi, bmw, mercedes etc. I know you had an m3 aswell. Ford finally seemed to have done it right from these outsider's perspectives, so it got these foreign buyers interested in the car and they took the plunge. Once they had the car they realized they missed this or that from car x or y. That a or b was a problem, and they were not happy with c and d (using random variables here). These people are not previous Mustang customers.

So yes, you are right, there are very few Mustang guys on here. Most of the people on here are bandwagoners who have jumped on the Mustang wagon because Ford was finally able to market a product which would appeal to prospective buyers.

Just wait till the 2015 comes out (which is guaranteed to look like a half asian / half european conjunction) as it will attract even more import guys. Thats the idea though, get as many people to switch over and to buy Ford. As time goes on there will be less and less true "Mustang guys". Mark my words. Its no longer about appealing to previous clients, its about attracting new ones.

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
shellenberger

It's like the IPhone. Everybody has to have the latest and greatest -

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony_boy View Post
In all fairness, most of the people came from audi, bmw, mercedes etc. I know you had an m3 aswell. Ford finally seemed to have done it right from these outsider's perspectives, so it got these foreign buyers interested in the car and they took the plunge. Once they had the car they realized they missed this or that from car x or y. That a or b was a problem, and they were not happy with c and d (using random variables here). These people are not previous Mustang customers.

So yes, you are right, there are very few Mustang guys on here. Most of the people on here are bandwagoners who have jumped on the Mustang wagon because Ford was finally able to market a product which would appeal to prospective buyers.

Just wait till the 2015 comes out (which is guaranteed to look like a half asian / half european conjunction) as it will attract even more import guys. Thats the idea though, get as many people to switch over and to buy Ford. As time goes on there will be less and less true "Mustang guys". Mark my words. Its no longer about appealing to previous clients, its about attracting new ones.
I completely agree with you. Nonetheless, it's still sad IMO. However, this forum has taken it to a whole new level.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
shellenberger

Quote:
Originally Posted by YerBuddysPony View Post
I completely agree with you. Nonetheless, it's still sad IMO. However, this forum has taken it to a whole new level.
Well said

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_FTW View Post
+1 These are not fancy cars for fancy people. My 68 fastback has a 4 speed 390 and AM radio. This car should be the same. I would have got one without power windows or door locks if they made it. There are plenty of fast cars like the SHO taht have all the fancy stuff. Take away all the option packages and give me a vinyl bench seat and the drag pack.
Yep, with you except for them bench/vinyl seats. So many drivers are getting so spoiled in the driving experience. All this navigation stuff and sinc? If I get lost I consider it a experience to see new places.
Don't like cell phones, AM & FM has worked fine for fine for years. All these cameras, that's what mirrors are for. Some of the people have a problem and run to the closest web site instead of "thinking". That's what started the whole Hot Rod thing.
Dave

2015 Stage 3 Roush
'66' Ranchero w/almost done 302 T-5 swap
2000 4x4 Ranger
2003 4x2 Ranger
'69' Fairlane Cobra, 428 4-speed waiting for work
PONY Member

Jesus the amount of grey ball hair popping out of this thread is amazing
Apprentice

These cars should be 100% about the muscle car driving experience. Heated seats in a muscle car and a keypad. Come on now. I guess I am old school owning a 68. I'm only 35 so I'm not old. Well I keep telling myself that. I think BMW and AMG are great car just not what I am after when I think muscle car.
GT Member

Quote:
These cars should be 100% about the muscle car driving experience. Heated seats in a muscle car and a keypad. Come on now. I guess I am old school owning a 68. I'm only 35 so I'm not old. Well I keep telling myself that. I think BMW and AMG are great car just not what I am after when I think muscle car.
AMG has serious muscle cars. All of their sedans would put the Mustang GT to bed. BMW not so much.

All in all the Mustang is really good considering its price. Its an american muscle car, and when people complain about things like USB slot locations, and LED lights in glove boxes they are not true enthusiasts, nor are they in it for the raw driving experience.

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
The Mustang would be a far better car with simple additions such as:
1. Heated mirrors. It really annoys me that I need to manually defrost the mirrors especially when ther's precipitation;
2. Glove box LED lights;
3. Trunk lights (2) on the deck lid;
4. Sun visor that blocks the windshield behind the rear-view mirror;
5. Transitional glass rear window that darkens when subjected to the ultraviolet sun light;
6. More durable driver's floor mat;
7. Lower body moldings to match the body color;
8. Wheels with an avant guard accent color;
9. Tilting head rests;
10. Side and rear proximity warning devices;
11. Turn signal audio tone with adjustable volume;
12. Transparent Mustang Pony in the front grill illuminated by My Color LEDs;
13. More accessible USB port with a miniature flash drive;
14. Built-in front looking video recorder;
15. Bright color brake calipers.
Stop whining and drive.

Current : 2013 BLACK GT/CS - 6MT / 3.73 - Gt 500 Quad AB's no resonators, BAMA Tune, Boss Intake Manifold, Lethal ORX, BMR LCA's/Brackets,
C&L CAI, Eibach SportLines, Steeda Hd strut mounts, CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna
Gone but not forgotten : 2012 BLACK Base GT
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony_boy View Post
All in all the Mustang is really good considering its price. Its an american muscle car, and when people complain about things like USB slot locations, and LED lights in glove boxes they are not true enthusiasts, nor are they in it for the raw driving experience.
LOL. The simple fact that a Mustang enthusiast would like to be able to see what's in his glove box when he opens it at night means he's not a true Mustang enthusiast. Got it ...

Sure, some of these suggestions are over the top, and perhaps even inappropriate for a car of the Mustang's character. But a lot of them are included as a matter of course on $15,000 econoboxes. They're things buyers have come to expect in today's market. It's not asking too much for even a performance car like the Mustang to have them, too.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itezja View Post
Yah the after market ones I've seen are nasty looking. I love this feature on my truck.
Word. I didn't get the aftermarket keypad (which was a factory option I believe when I ordered) because it was ugly and I had no where to put it.

I'd go for a keypad that could be hidden in/behind the faux gas cap.

2012 Kona Blue GT Prem, 401A (Charc + Blue), MT, 3.73, HIDs, Glass Roof, Electronics, Rear Sense + Security, Rear View Cam.
JHR bracket, FRPP, Steeda Sport Springs, Pro Action Dampers, adj Panhard, J&M Camber Plates

2004 Xterra (Sold) 2000 AltezzaRS (AKA-Lexus IS200 Sold)
"Mustangs are like good looking women. You can spend a lot of money dressing them up, but really they just look better naked."
PONY Member

Quote:
Let me fix that list for you.

A Mustang must have
1. Big engine
2. Manual trans
3. LSD
4. Big engine
5. Good brakes
6. Big engine

Everything else is just more weight to slow it down.
^^^ what he said .... if I wanted all that other crap, I'd have bought a Lexus.

That said, to each his own. We all should thoroughly enjoy our cars.
PONY Member
5.0L Member

THe irony here is, modern "muscle car" guys have all these opinions and rules about what they don't need or want on a muscle car, but if you actually went back to the 60's/70's heydey of cars they want to identify with, back before dudes driving musclecars actually cared about being called a muscle car, Ibet they'd be happy as hell for every extra bell and whistle they could have gotten as an option.

To suggest that someone is not a real mustang guy because they don't want their Mustang stripped down and bare bones is pretty illogical.

2012 Kona Blue GT Prem, 401A (Charc + Blue), MT, 3.73, HIDs, Glass Roof, Electronics, Rear Sense + Security, Rear View Cam.
JHR bracket, FRPP, Steeda Sport Springs, Pro Action Dampers, adj Panhard, J&M Camber Plates

2004 Xterra (Sold) 2000 AltezzaRS (AKA-Lexus IS200 Sold)
"Mustangs are like good looking women. You can spend a lot of money dressing them up, but really they just look better naked."
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
The Mustang would be a far better car with simple additions such as:
1. Heated mirrors. It really annoys me that I need to manually defrost the mirrors especially when ther's precipitation;
2. Glove box LED lights;
3. Trunk lights (2) on the deck lid;
4. Sun visor that blocks the windshield behind the rear-view mirror;
5. Transitional glass rear window that darkens when subjected to the ultraviolet sun light;
6. More durable driver's floor mat;
7. Lower body moldings to match the body color;
8. Wheels with an avant guard accent color;
9. Tilting head rests;
10. Side and rear proximity warning devices;
11. Turn signal audio tone with adjustable volume;
12. Transparent Mustang Pony in the front grill illuminated by My Color LEDs;
13. More accessible USB port with a miniature flash drive;
14. Built-in front looking video recorder;
15. Bright color brake calipers.
1. I have them.
2. A simple light would have been nice, but no biggie.
3. Simple LED strip soldered into the light Placed to the rear between the speakers works great, the angle of the trunk lid when open would make lights on it worthless.
4. No biggie.
5. Mine does get darker, but tinting the back window helped a lot.
6. All weather Floor mats from the dealer.
7. Fixed with the 2013.
8. Nope
9. Got them in 2013.
10. Security Package, been out for a couple of years has the rear, you want the side or front can be added, but my car came with Mirrors.
11. Leave it on long enough, it will make a noise.
12. Illegal if not in white or Amber light, so why?
13. I can find mine OK, it is not a PC so the need for more than 2 is a moot point
14. Go Pro makes them.
15. Silver is not bright enough.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page