Mustang Must Haves - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez Rouge View Post
LOL. The simple fact that a Mustang enthusiast would like to be able to see what's in his glove box when he opens it at night means he's not a true Mustang enthusiast. Got it ...

Sure, some of these suggestions are over the top, and perhaps even inappropriate for a car of the Mustang's character. But a lot of them are included as a matter of course on $15,000 econoboxes. They're things buyers have come to expect in today's market. It's not asking too much for even a performance car like the Mustang to have them, too.
I understand where you are coming from. In all fairness, Ford could have easily done these things. They obviously choose not to. Its not like they look at some of these ideas and shake their head in awe at how profound and ground breaking they are.

If you want raw performance, and arent going to whine about USB slot locations and interior light out put sources, then you buy a Mustang.

If you want LED lights in your glove box you should have bought a Mercedes.

Too many people these days are not focused on the driving experience itself, instead they are more concerned with crap like satellite radio and cell phones audio connectivity.

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrh0341 View Post
THe irony here is, modern "muscle car" guys have all these opinions and rules about what they don't need or want on a muscle car, but if you actually went back to the 60's/70's heydey of cars they want to identify with, back before dudes driving musclecars actually cared about being called a muscle car, Ibet they'd be happy as hell for every extra bell and whistle they could have gotten as an option.

To suggest that someone is not a real mustang guy because they don't want their Mustang stripped down and bare bones is pretty illogical.
Sure, in the early 70's, when I bought my first "muscle car," most of us would have loved to enjoy the little comforts we have now. That's not the point I was intending to make.

It's not the little "creature comforts," or lack there of, which I was referring. It's the fact that it's whined about on an "enthusiast" forum. It's this type of thread that gets to me; along with the mentality. This one is almost as bad as the "help me pick a color" threads IMO.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YerBuddysPony View Post
Sure, in the early 70's, when I bought my first "muscle car," most of us would have loved to enjoy the little comforts we have now. That's not the point I was intending to make.

It's not the little "creature comforts," or lack there of, which I was referring. It's the fact that it's whined about on an "enthusiast" forum. It's this type of thread that gets to me; along with the mentality. This one is almost as bad as the "help me pick a color" threads IMO.
I totally agree. In my case its not that I donīt like all these useless creature comforts (well I do hate LED lights in ALL cars, especially the Audi style little LEDs in their headlamps) but for a Mustang, fine if they have them, totally not needed or missed if they donīt have them.

I have a V60 Volvo with all those "new" useless things, and in the end, I canīt wait til the weekend to drive my 03 Mustang GT which has nothing but power windows as far as creature comforts. The stereo started failing, so I just drive without the stereo on, and I looove to listen to my 4.6 rumble!

To me as long as its fun to drive, and its a Mustang with a V8, I could roll windows, have halogen headlamps, cloth interiors, etc...

You can keep the LEDs and even the xenon headlamps, I actually prefer the 10-12 regular halogens than the xenons...

PS Iīm a 39 y/o "grey haired"...

A Mustang must have: BROOOOM BROOOOM...

2015 50 Anniversary Package GT
2014 Race Red Premium GT Convertible
2003 Silver GT
1981 Ford Mustang Fastback
1966 Mustang Coupe 289 4V
15 years ago 1984 Ford Mustang Hardtop

GT Member

Is the OP serious?

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
Is the OP serious?
I've actually been wondering about that since I first saw the thread. If I'm correctly remembering some of his past posts, I'm not sure he is. Not about every item on his list, anyway.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete
Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

After looking at the OP's list, I do agree that some of the items listed would be desirable; others, not so much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
The Mustang would be a far better car with simple additions such as:
1. Heated mirrors. It really annoys me that I need to manually defrost the mirrors especially when ther's precipitation;

Never really needed them here in FL, and they're optional on '13s.

2. Glove box LED lights;

Would be nice to have ANY illumination for the glovebox (and for that matter the center console storage box; they stick LEDs in the cupholders which I actually put cups in maybe once, twice a year, but my center console box sees almost constant use and is left in the dark? Come on!!), period. Heck, my '95 Z28 had an illuminated glovebox...

3. Trunk lights (2) on the deck lid;

Would be nice to have, but I'd still rather have an illuminated glovebox and center console storage...

4. Sun visor that blocks the windshield behind the rear-view mirror;

Never had any issue with the Sun in that regard.

5. Transitional glass rear window that darkens when subjected to the ultraviolet sun light;

Fixed that issue when I had my windows tinted...

6. More durable driver's floor mat;

Would be nice, but I believe there are quite a few heavy-duty OEM and aftermarket floormats out there...

7. Lower body moldings to match the body color;

Already done on the 2013s, and personally I like how the lower moldings look with Sterling Gray.

8. Wheels with an avant guard accent color;

If 'avant-garde' means anything like having banana yellow, pistachio green or similarly garish colors, by all means make it optional. I'll have no part of it, however...

9. Tilting head rests;

As stated by others, it was fixed on '13s. Never had issues with mine, however.

10. Side and rear proximity warning devices;

If people feel the need for these devices while driving, by all means make it optional. But my rear-view/side mirrors and my cranium's ability to swivel have served me well in my 16 years of driving and I certainly don't see it as 'must-have'.

11. Turn signal audio tone with adjustable volume;

Ehh....maybe when I'm eligible for senior discounts I'd consider it to be a must have...in my Buick/Toyota/other boring car to drive when one reaches such an age and/or doesn't care about driving.

12. Transparent Mustang Pony in the front grill illuminated by My Color LEDs;

I do believe that there may be certain legal issues with such an illuminated symbol, not to mention it would look incredibly tacky (IMO, of course).

13. More accessible USB port with a miniature flash drive;

Would be a nice feature to have, especially for playing MP3s.

14. Built-in front looking video recorder;

I have no desire to embarrass myself on Youtube, thank you very much.

15. Bright color brake calipers.

No. Just...no. I'd much rather Ford fit larger rear rotors on Brembo-package cars with black rear calipers to better compliment the larger front rotors and wheels, if only for aesthetic reasons, not functional ones.
Digressing just a little bit here, what I'd like is for Ford to offer more...you know...CHOICE...with regards as to how one can outfit their Mustang from the factory. While I'm overall pleased with mine, I absolutely despise the fact that due to a couple options I wanted, namely:

- Premium interior (the Base interior turned me off almost as much as the Camaro's)
- HID headlamps (Yeah, they're standard now, but weren't for the 11s, and did they really have to force you get the security package to get them?)

...I was basically left with no choice but to order a Premium, which had several items I really DIDN'T want, such as...

- Leather seats (over time, I've grown accustomed to them, but I'd much rather have cloth Recaros any day of the week)
- Sync (I have no cellphone [seriously] or any iToys, thus I haven't used it once since I bought the car)
- Shaker 500 audio/SiriusXM (not that much of an audiophile, have no desire to let people sitting in traffic know what my musical tastes are, and I hate the damn plastic wart that's sitting on my trunklid)

...which left me with a slightly bitter taste in my mouth when it came time to order (although I'm well aware that Ford is far from the only mfr. to do things like this). I'd wish Ford would just ditch the whole Base/Premium trim level scheme and just offer one trim level with more varied equipment packages (and the ability to order features from these packages as a la carte options if certain other features from these packages don't match their needs/wants/budget) to cater to differing customer tastes.

Currently...
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack (Ivory White Pearl Tri-coat, Leather Interior Grp, Driver Convenience Grp, 8A)
Gone
2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium (Sterling Gray Metallic, HIDs, Security pkg., Brembo pkg., 3.55s, 6M)

Last edited by dontmatr; 11-23-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: had more to say
Rookie

A telescopic steering wheel is one thing that I really would like to have

2012 V6 Premium, Auto, Kona Blue, Pony Package
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyc View Post
Should this not be standard on all cars?? It's like adjusting your seat to fit you no??

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyc View Post
I agree.....and while we're at it how about a steering wheel that doesn't have cold clammy lifeless plastic right where you hold it instead of leather. I curse the designer who thought that was a good idea every time I drive. First World problem for sure but an annoyance nonetheless.

2013 Mustang GT/DIB/Track Pack/Electronics/Comfort
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiggins View Post
I agree.....and while we're at it how about a steering wheel that doesn't have cold clammy lifeless plastic right where you hold it instead of leather. I curse the designer who thought that was a good idea every time I drive. First World problem for sure but an annoyance nonetheless.
The Boss wheel is perfect, doesn't get too hot or cold.
GT Member

It seems to me you would really like a caddy? Why in the world would you need these things on a four seat sports car?
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005 white s197 View Post
It seems to me you would really like a caddy? Why in the world would you need these things on a four seat sports car?
One are two are reasonable (like the heated mirrors), but most of it is garbage.

Apprentice

I would love for Ford to ditch the radio mast antenna and integrate it into the rear defrost lost most cars do (my wife's 2003 Accord for example). Makes for a much cleaner looking car.

2013 Ford GT Premium - Deep Impact Blue
Ordered 8/18. Stickered 10/2. Built 10/9. ETA & Delivered 10/23!!!
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnemonicGhost View Post
I would love for Ford to ditch the radio mast antenna and integrate it into the rear defrost lost most cars do (my wife's 2003 Accord for example). Makes for a much cleaner looking car.
Meh. The antenna is not a big enough deal for me and every car I've had with window antennae have poop reception.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page